N-Europe

narnia...and KONG!!!! part II

dabookerman

well yes, 2 big films out for this month, just seen narnia, and it was ok, it has no depth tho, and the kids cant act. altho king kong is looking to be up there with rings, tons of excellent review, listening to some of the music, and its awesome....

i cant fuckin wait till next week

Yeah I can't wait to see both these films, they look FANTASTIC!

When the Kong remake was first announced I thought it might be a big mistake; I thought, how is he going to make Kong look realistic because a giant puppet wouldn't really be attempted nowadays (and would look rubbish) and I thought making a realistic HUGE CGI gorilla would be an awesome challenge!

Peter Jackson has far exceded my expectations though, and I'm SO glad for this remake now; it looks so amazing, it means you'll never have to watch the original again!

Ive heard they are gonna carry on with Narnia and make the next one (perhaps harry potter style and make them all ?)
I wondered about that; it's wierd though because 'The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe' is the 2nd book out of the 7; so I wonder when and if they'll think of making the first book?!

Some of later books are fantastic though, so some more films would be great!!

king kong has been getting exceptional reviews. its got a 93% on rotten tomatoes, which is very very awesome. the film is 3 hours long which i am very happy about. tons of story, narnia is 2 hours long and should of been 3 hours long. you'll see what i mean when u watch it.

king kong to be the best film of the year and even best film ever?? i certainly aint saying no to that

Narnia doesn't appeal to me much , but I am looking forward to King Kong. I was dubious about a remake but it seems from reviews that Peter Jackson has pulled it off.

Speaking of pulling it off (ooh-eer missus) the presence of Naomi Watts is also a big plus , and I normally hate blondes. Please do not mention THAT scene in Mulholland Drive or I may never recover.

Yeah these two films I've been looking forward to for AGES. Narnia especially as I'm a MASSIVE fan of the books. I hope they do go on to do a film for all 7, Voyage of the Dawn Treador is excellent. I'll probably see Narnia closer to Xmas as its a christmassy film. King Kong I want to see ASAP :awesome:

Yeah im looking forward to seeing both of them. Kong does look most excellent.

Ive heard they are gonna carry on with Narnia and make the next one (perhaps harry potter style and make them all ?)

It was said on the radio the other day they have the rights for all the books so it looks possible that they will. I hope so i loved the books and hte BBC movies as a kid.

I really liked Narnia. I just read the books and it really passes out the same vibe. Sure it might not have "depth", but it really is a fun movie. The fx are fantastic, the action scenes are quite nice and I actually think the kids were good actors, specially the one who plays Peter. Kudos to the director.

and I thought making a realistic HUGE CGI gorilla would be an awesome challenge!

The nine minutes of footage of the fight between Kong and the T-Rex actually took two whole years to make!

Can't wait to see the films, seeing Narnia next Saturday (17th) and then probably Kong the week after, can't wait!

I just got back from seeing Narnia and I wasnt impressed. Thing is LotR has set the bar for fantasy films and even though people say it should be Narnia will be compared to it.

The acting is terrible in it as are the costumes. The whole armour the kids wear seem to be like the little plastic sets you used to be able to get when I was a kid. There are some stupid things that happen in the movie which i will put in spoiler boxes.

Peter at the end fights 1 on 1 with a minotaur. Hes what like 12 and can stand up against a huge beast

The fact one o the girls gets a bow and arrow set and she fires 2 arrows in the whole film.

The kids somehow know how to command an army and fight with swords

Whats the deal with santa giving weapons to kids? Merry Christmas have a sword!

I will say that I did enjoy Liam Neesons performance and the music was awesome but other than that it was very disappointing. Kong should be a hell of alot better.

Just watched the original King Kong on UKTV Gold. Was hugely impressed. Kong is just brutal in it, stamping on people, throwing people out of buildings, hitting them with trees. Not really sure how a new version could improve on the original other then plumping up the plot and bringing the animation up to the 21st century.