N-Europe

ReZ's Thread To Be ReZ And Brag About ReZ Stuff That Nobody Else Cares About

ReZourceman

Basically, this woman on the New Covent Garden Soup page on Facebook is claiming some strange things....now....I just find it really hard to believe. Oh an enjoy my response. :p

RightSoup.jpg

I can't see how chicken would find its way into one of NCG's most popular soups...I mean....how would that happen? They're surely constantly making the stuff, so would usually use the same...pot/vat things? This woman is just laying it on so thick, she seems to be lying.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If she sends the foreign object and the soup company admit their mistake, then she was telling the truth. If she is lying, she won't send anything or send a fake foreign object and they will probably figure it out.

Well she could dip some chicken in the soup and send that in, so there isn't really a way to tell. Her second post just sounds so ridiculous and "I hope they send me free stuff/vouchers"y. Pikey bitch.

Surely she could just send out any old bit of chicken, or just dip some chicken in another bit of soup and pass that off as the one she found.

There's not really a way to tell that she's lying or not. :heh:

Well she could dip some chicken in the soup and send that in, so there isn't really a way to tell. Her second post just sounds so ridiculous and "I hope they send me free stuff/vouchers"y. Pikey bitch.

Simul-whyn. :D

They could analyse the chicken and reference it against the chicken they use.

Either way, people are very stupid, she probably found something she thinks is chicken.

Claire just commented "Are you sure it wasn't a plum tomato?" I loll'd.

Either way, people are very stupid, she probably found something she thinks is chicken.

Claire just commented "Are you sure it wasn't a plum tomato?" I loll'd.

I see no way of determining whether she is lying or not, really, but I agree that it sounds like she is fishing for coupons or some sort of reimbursement.

Well, she would clearly have to send off some chicken that she got out of a tin of New Covent Garden Chicken Soup. If it was some random bit of unrelated chicken then they would obviously know that it can't have gotten into the soup.

I'm not sure whether she is or isn't but I do find it very odd that she found chicken in two different cartons though.

Also ReZ, that response was top! I actually did say to myself "Is she sure she's bought the right one?" before scrolling down to see your response. :p

Your facebook comment made me chuckle.

I work in a pub (that does food) and every now and then you get a pikey family coming in and trying it on. It's always obvious and last time it was someone I was serving they tried to claim they found a bit of wire in their meal. We don't have anything like it in the kitchen so it obviously didn't come from us.

Big companies will just send out a coupon to shut people up more than anything else.

Similar story: when I worked in a takeaway, some crazy woman came back with a tray that once contained egg fried rice (she ate it all), except for an isolated piece of egg. She was convinced that it was chicken/that we had accidentally put a piece of chicken in the rice, and wanted a refund. After trying to explain to her that it was egg and her being convinced that it wasn't, we just gave her a refund to stop wasting time. I don't know whether she was straight up retarded, or just wanted more food...stupid people never cease to amaze me, though I should probably deal with it and stop being so easily amazed.

re:main thread, it's not surprising that one out of the total number of soups they produce has a foreign object in it, really.

I found a bumble bee in my KP crisps once.

I say 'found'... more like 'poured into my mouth'. Not tasty. £10 KP vouchers! I spent like £2 before they expired.

Damn drama greens.

Semi-related. Found some worms in my hamster's food a while back. Not pleasant but vouchers get!

My girl's guinea pigs had a weird mite infestation recently, but I don't think she could differentiate whether it was the hay, straw or feed. The pet shop really screwed up not just with that but also with the pigs themselves - she was meant to get two girls and we quickly found that she had a girl and a boy... when we took it back the pet-shop realised that there were both sexes in both cages. The girls were all at sexual maturity, so her two girls (she exchanged one) may both be pregnant...