N-Europe

GAME

ReZourceman

I really couldn't care less how much they know about games and stuff as long as they don't pretend to know it. As a customer, I can't stand watching an employee give wrong or stupid info or advice to other customers. If you don't know it, admit you don't. If you're not able to give advice, don't give any. I'd take a polite "I'm afraid I don't know/can't help you with that" over a hopeless attempt at pretending you know enough to help me any day.

Politeness goes without saying in any job that involves human interaction.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who actually goes into Game, and starts a conversation with them about games? I know i don't, and i bet nobody else does.

It's like going into a clothes shop and expecting them to know everything about every piece of clothing in there, it's just never going to happen.

Aslong as there polite, and don't barrage me with shite questions, i don't care. I know quite alot about games, and nearly always know if the game i'm looking at has good or bad reviews.

They only ever ask me me "you ok there?"

And i just say "i'm fine thanks, just looking"

That's it. They don't pester me. When i'm buying something, they'll ask if i need any pads, and i simply say, no thanks. I don't see a problem in saying no tbh.

Who actually goes into Game, and starts a conversation with them about games? I know i don't, and i bet nobody else does.

only annoying jackasses who want to make themselves feel more superior than the game staff by throwing torrents of useless knowledge at them... despite the fact that these people are the most unemployable cretins on this earth... who couldn't even get a job at game.

I know one person like that, and he makes my blood boil. :blank::blank:

*Minding my own business/doing work*

Nerd: "Oh I see [random new PC game] requires [random PC specifications] aha my PC can run that I've got [random PC specs that apparently indicate they also have a large dick] aha bet you're impressed eh aha"

Me: ....

*goes back to his work*

Nerd: "So I was playing online with some n00bs and managed to frag them all, probably because my PC's better than theirs and..."

This happened often.

I did use to shop in Gamestation but since that became a place for Emos and Rockers, who have no clue about anything other than Rock Band i stopped going there. I used to ask questions about up and coming games, and they had no clue.

I do shop in GAME now, because i find the staff contained within knowledgable. They had more information than Gamestation about stuff, and always had better offers on. I actually have a decent conversation with the staff about products, and share gaming tips between each other.

But, i suppose different stores have different staff. Some better than others.

I read this thread the other day and was thinking ive had similar experiences.

HOWEVER i was in a GAME store today in Cardiff trading some games in and the bloke behind the counter asked me if i was getting kinect, so i thought 'oh here we go sales time' but when i said i wasn't interested at the moment he just said "ok" and we ended up talking loads about games in general! and he was very friendly.

It was cool and +10 for customer service for that chap there!!

*Minding my own business/doing work*

Nerd: "Oh I see [random new PC game] requires [random PC specifications] aha my PC can run that I've got [random PC specs that apparently indicate they also have a large dick] aha bet you're impressed eh aha"

Me: ....

*goes back to his work*

Nerd: "So I was playing online with some n00bs and managed to frag them all, probably because my PC's better than theirs and..."

This happened often.

Look dude I just liked you.

I was nervous and a little shy.

I just wanted to impress you.

And I do have a massive dick.

I read this thread the other day and was thinking ive had similar experiences.

HOWEVER i was in a GAME store today in Cardiff trading some games in and the bloke behind the counter asked me if i was getting kinect, so i thought 'oh here we go sales time' but when i said i wasn't interested at the moment he just said "ok" and we ended up talking loads about games in general! and he was very friendly.

It was cool and +10 for customer service for that chap there!!

The Newport bunch are the same in my opinion.

On the topic of game I have a few questions I would like to ask...

I have not shopped there in over a year and my reward card is all worn, the strip on the back is damaged can they just type in the code on the front so I can use my points tomorrow?

Also can you trade in games and use your reward card points at the same time?

On the topic of game I have a few questions I would like to ask...

I have not shopped there in over a year and my reward card is all worn, the strip on the back is damaged can they just type in the code on the front so I can use my points tomorrow?

Also can you trade in games and use your reward card points at the same time?

Regarding that, yes they can just type it in. The strip on mine got ruined, so they had to send me a new one. It was months till I received one, and during that period, I could still use it.

Honestly? You're better off trading at HMV generally. They just rolled out a scheme that beats any other trade in price by a quid, so go get them priced at GAME, make a list and take them to HMV. They'll probably give you a better price anyway but in case there are some that are under GAME, you can get it bumped up.

It's crazy, nobody seems to realise you can trade in at hmv. I'm alright with that in my shop seeing as how the HMV I used to work in is two doors down. :D

Honestly? You're better off trading at HMV generally. They just rolled out a scheme that beats any other trade in price by a quid, so go get them priced at GAME, make a list and take them to HMV. They'll probably give you a better price anyway but in case there are some that are under GAME, you can get it bumped up.

It's crazy, nobody seems to realise you can trade in at hmv. I'm alright with that in my shop seeing as how the HMV I used to work in is two doors down. :D

Make a list?

Dude the prices can be printed on a receipt. What kind of noob are you?

Honestly? You're better off trading at HMV generally. They just rolled out a scheme that beats any other trade in price by a quid, so go get them priced at GAME, make a list and take them to HMV. They'll probably give you a better price anyway but in case there are some that are under GAME, you can get it bumped up.:D

I remember a few years ago GAME offered me £7.00 for Prince of Persia. I hiked all the way to the nearest GameStation* and got a quote for £17.20, so GAME gave me £18.20 (as they beat any other trade in price by £1...don't know if they still do it).

*GameStation is next door to GAME