Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

good stuff thread.

nightwolf

Where you going?

EDIT: Denmark it seems! Any chance you can smuggle Dannyboy back with you and put him up until the meet, then problem solved.

Not Denmark - close mind... says the man with woeful geography skills - it's Norway.

So no Danny smuggling I'm afraid - I'm sure he'll be gutted :p

Meeting Mrs Dare's mother later. I'm faintly terrified, but thought I'd stay positive and post in this thread anyway. I reserve the right to use my magic mod powers to change this at a later hour.

Don't worry, you're charming.

Edit: but please stop calling her Mrs Dare.

Edited by Shorty

REZ LOOK AT THIS

My friend from home just texted me saying things along the lines of "hey, how are you/uni/life" etc, then said she was looking foward to seeing me at her house party, as I'd accepted on the facebook event. Then she wrote,

"Just checking that you do actually know a "Michael Jamieson"? It's fine for him to come, just as long as you know him."

LEL

Meeting Mrs Dare's mother later. I'm faintly terrified, but thought I'd stay positive and post in this thread anyway. I reserve the right to use my magic mod powers to change this at a later hour.

It stays!

Yeah, it was fine. I'm not a marked man, yet.

I chose poorly in the restaurant though. 'traditional Vietnamese stir fry' that tasted suspiciously like 'bog standard faux Chinese chow mien fed to westerners who can't tell the difference'

I should know better. I eat a lot of Asian food. Good stuff too, that Asians actually eat...

Anyway, kind of besides the point I suppose. Received note of my good reception from my girlfriend shortly after I got home. Success!

It stays!

Yeah, it was fine. I'm not a marked man, yet.

I chose poorly in the restaurant though. 'traditional Vietnamese stir fry' that tasted suspiciously like 'bog standard faux Chinese chow mien fed to westerners who can't tell the difference'

I should know better. I eat a lot of Asian food. Good stuff too, that Asians actually eat...

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=chopsticks

Is it true:

that 90% of all "chinese" food in America has been watered down and Americanized so all the pussies that can't eat spicy food will stop bitching.

Compared to what you (I assume) normally eat, how bad was this "Vietanmese" charade?

Won our 2nd match in a row last night in our new League, so far finding it a walkover.

last week we beat last seasons 3rd placed team 9-0, and this week we beat a mid table team 14-1.

Flying at the moment, although we're yet to play the teams relegated from League 2 yet.

resultsy.jpg

league.jpg

Loving it :)

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=chopsticks

Is it true:

that 90% of all "chinese" food in America has been watered down and Americanized so all the pussies that can't eat spicy food will stop bitching.

Compared to what you (I assume) normally eat, how bad was this "Vietanmese" charade?

London Road in Sheffield (where Dan ate) has a huge Chinese and Vietnemese community, so the food has to cater to people who actually know what they're eating. Having eaten there a few times, I can say that it's actually really good food, must've just been an off day or a bad selection.

London Road in Sheffield (where Dan ate) has a huge Chinese and Vietnemese community, so the food has to cater to people who actually know what they're eating. Having eaten there a few times, I can say that it's actually really good food, must've just been an off day or a bad selection.

I have to say, the place you and Jay lived above, I went to recently (even though I did see the kitchen a few too many times) and it's actually really nice food!

That's something I'll probably miss if I move away from Sheffield, London Road and Division street have some really nice places to eat out!

Today I did my final class/presentation, had my interview and went to the gym, I feel somewhat accomplished, so that is my best thing today.

Heard back from my interview - nailed it. Bring on the second interview friday.

Edited by nightwolf

That's something I'll probably miss if I move away from Sheffield, London Road and Division street have some really nice places to eat out!

I don't even know where London Street is, but it sounds I was missing out by not eating there or on Division St (well, I ate at the Subway on Division St but that doesn't count).