Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

good stuff thread.

nightwolf

I'm the exact opposite. I have far more female friends than male. :p

... Though I've slept with every single one of them, of course. Twice.

I'm surprised that there are still females in your land who are able to still walk, after you've had your wicked way with them. You filthy, filthy Danish pastry.

Bright sunny day, hung out with martinist, watched Akira (never seen it before - I can see why everyone is so aghast at the prospect of a remake), welcomed, brother mother & mother's beau back, went to the pub, good eatings were had. First proper weekend I've had in a while too. Good times all round.

Today I was technically a professional photographer.

The place I work for is owned by a married couple and the wife is in the early stages of launching a handbag company (she's on the second fashion season, so still earlyish days). I was in work today, working on an ambitious project for the photography company when she called me into the office. I was shitting it at first, since I thought I was in trouble for something, but she asked me to come to her house later (I had been a few times to deal with camper vans for the husband) and take photos of her in the part of her house where she makes the bags. This was for a section of her website and leaflets where it shows the home made qualities of the bags.

The best part was she said something like "I would pick *photography manager who has been a profession forever*, but he uses flashes and you use natural, ambient light. Like the car photos you've done". I was picked to do it for my skillz. Win.

The photos seem to have come out ok too, which is nice.

Also, whilst taking the photos she said that she wanted me to be involved in the creative side of this little project and told me not to let *other artworker/photographer* take over as she wanted my advice etc on it. I'm into the inner circle of creative motherfuckers.

In short: My work is being published on a ludicrously fashionable (albeit young) handbag companies website and promotional material.

Edited by Goafer

That's great news, Goafer. Don't forget us when you've made it big! :smile:

I'm in the fashion business now darling, names change so often that it's not worth remembering them.

For next season, I will be going by the name Le Fer. At least until it's printed in some divine magazine, then I will immediately change it to remain fresh and relevant. I'll probably just change it to a symbol or something. The symbol will be invisible of course.

Met the family last night. I loved, as a "second date". He lives in Rosyth. I was shocked as to how, just by going like... 5 miles north, across the Forth, everything felt so highland. [The Tesco we went to had that weird highland feel, where all the shop workers seem to float about the store with no purpose :p]. His family is so jokes. Literally sharing a lol-worthy joke every minute. And he has dogs that you want in life. Big, but friendly, and know not to ruin your life. And he has snakes in his room. Kinda creepy, but awesome.

We watched Human Centipede (well, I didn't actually look at the screen that much. Was hiding). Then sexy times. Then watched Legend, but I fell asleep after like half an hour.

Was nice/fun/a change.

Also, driving at some-massive-speed in a convertible with the roof down = the best. With Raining Men by Rihanna playing. Come on Nicki.

Oh Jesus, I only just "got" the new Kanye album. Late I know, but there's nothing like All of The Lights blasting through the wall at you in the shower.

My most played song of the past 3 months. The Fergie bit is my fave; reminds us, amongst the joyous parade of sound, that shit is happening in the world. And I love how Rihanna takes over her vocal, as if to say, "It will all get better with time". And Elton John. A rough stone amongst the diamonds.

Yessss, that's what I really love about Kanye; a lot of narrative is implicit within the production itself rather than traditional rap artists like Nas (who I also fucking love) who tell stories solely through the invention and the flow of lyrics. Its kinda the reason I really loved the James Blake record as well.

Good weekend! First 'proper' one I've had since I started work. Properly enjoyed the sun; too much to mention. But one of the highlights has to be;

Played an oxford grad (who is going to yale this year) at chess. BEAT HIS ASS. He, like, knows chess and stuff, too. Encouraging.

One of the school's dogs, Lady, has had puppies! 8 of the little cute buggers! My collogue John has gone into ridiculously over-protective father mode, it's rather amusing. I'll get pictures are the new arrivals as soon as I can. :awesome:

I've had a very fun weekend, whoo! Needed it, as I'd been feeling pretty crap lately.

We were going to do a camping weekend with mom's side of the family. Started Friday evening and lasted until 3 pm today. The amount of people changed every day, but always between 25-40. Tents were set up to sleep in, I slept in a tiny old caravan with mom.

Friday I went to placement to help in a class, then after that to the camping site (my aunt's back yard.... which has lots of fields and horses haha) to help set up the tent. There was one activity planned that evening, which involved the entire group to be split up in smaller groups and to be dropped off in an unknown spot in the dark. We were given a hand drawn map and told to find our way back, while looking for three items along the way. Wasn't a very long walk, but it was still quite fun. Though luckily I had taken a flashlight without batteries with me (one you wind up) cause all the others stopped working. =P

When we got back we got hot chocolate, mmmm.

Slept horribly in the caravan as it was super cold, woke up early to go home with mom as she had to work and I had to go to placement. Placement went really well, though it was realllllly hot in there heh. After that went back to the camping site. Missed an activity but it's ok. We had vanilla pudding as a snack, then later a huge BBQ followed by a campfire. The kids made marshmellows and then we also got ice cream. Someone lit one of those flying lanterns, beautiful. Had wine, had laughs, enjoyed being with the family in such a lovely setting.

Then today we started with a great breakfast: croissants, pain au chocolat and bread and lots of yummy stuff to eat with it. And sparkling wine. And hot chocolate. Overdose!

I sat on a horse! My aunt owns lots of horses, and we all got to try riding one. It was quite fun, but also scary hehe. Then played Viking Kubb with people, we won twice, yes! Had great lunch, self-made chips and beef stew and more ice cream. Then clean up time and I left for work.

Honestly a great weekend, can't wait for it to happen again next year. =)

I discovered that ,at some point over the weekend, I took my 10,000th image with my camera. It's like puberty or something.

I was also worried about how much longer it will last, as it's getting a bit old now. A quick Bing* revealed that my camera has an expected life of 50,000 photos. Plenty left.

*Just kidding, I used Google.

Oh, and 10,000 is over 9000!!!1!