N-Europe

good stuff thread.

nightwolf

I agree with Danny. Though the best thing of any given day may be subject to a different thread if it still fulfills the requirements of being the best thing of the day it could go in either thread.

As such, Diageo's neck story arose in The Drunken Thread as well (not in nearly as much detail though, and lacking the follow up).

My best thing hasn't happened yet, but tonight I'll get to go hang out with friends for the first time in a month (and a half). Many drinks will be had, though I probably won't be able to get online until sober.

As it is, most forumers are experiencing a lot of snow at the moment. Simply stating that it's snowing is pointless in a whole thread about snow. It would be equally pointless to go into a thread about the Socratic dialectic and say: "I like philosophy."

But that thread doesn't consist of much apart from people saying that it's snowing, and taking the odd picture. It's not like there's a higher level of snow-based discourse... :heh:

I think Dannyboy is right to put it in here. It's the best thing that happened to him therefore it's completely valid. If he went into a long ramble about what he got up to in the snow and included some pictures then that would have to go in the snowing thread, but the statement on its own is fine here imo.

Best thing to happen to me today - Ben & Jerry's ice cream :santa: