Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

good stuff thread.

nightwolf

what did you get a full on engine replacement or something?! :o that's insane!!! my car is 10 years old and even now the most i've paid is about £300!

p.s very awesome print:)

Thanks!

haha, no and that wasn't even all the work that could ahve been done on it!

The £700 included the MOT and Labour costs, New Brake Discs, New Brake Pads, And apparently there was no Engine Coolant, as there was a crake in the housing or something, so I needed a new system ('apparently' expensive parts), Plus cleaning a few filters and a couple of new bulbs (front/number plate... pfft) and that was the cost!

The cars gonna need 2 tyres replacing fairly soon aswell! :p

Thanks!

haha, no and that wasn't even all the work that could ahve been done on it!

The £700 included the MOT and Labour costs, New Brake Discs, New Brake Pads, And apparently there was no Engine Coolant, as there was a crake in the housing or something, so I needed a new system ('apparently' expensive parts), Plus cleaning a few filters and a couple of new bulbs (front/number plate... pfft) and that was the cost!

The cars gonna need 2 tyres replacing fairly soon aswell! :p

I'm pretty sure for new brake discs and pads, that's quite good. £700 alone gets my dad's car that.

I went to a tea shop in Ely, it was lovely and then bought christmasssy things.

Tiny writing in green and red ftw. :hug:

I'm pretty sure for new brake discs and pads, that's quite good. £700 alone gets my dad's car that.

£300 got me: New rear pads , new rear cylinders (the part that does all the work) and the MOT itself.

Parts totaled £100, MOT was £50 and the labour was £150 (3 hours).

£700 for an MOT is mental. My Polo only cost £450 to buy and that hasn't failed an MOT in the 2 years I've had it. I'd just have bought another car.

Edited by Goafer

The fuck's he driving, a Bentley?

For most cars you can get a full set of discs and pads for far less than £200. And they don't take long to fit either. Anyone with a jack and some basic tools can change brakes in no time.

The fuck's he driving, a Bentley?

For most cars you can get a full set of discs and pads for far less than £200. And they don't take long to fit either. Anyone with a jack and some basic tools can change brakes in no time.

Tbf I should probably put he drives a jeep thing and went to kwik-fit.

I mean kwik-fit those fuckers...which I never go to anymore.

Plus you should have seen his brakes..geez talk about not there anymore.

Oh two anymores at the end of a sentence...noooo.

Tbf I should probably put he drives a jeep thing and went to kwik-fit.

I mean kwik-fit those fuckers...which I never go to anymore.

Plus you should have seen his brakes..geez talk about not there anymore.

Oh two anymores at the end of a sentence...noooo.

Is this some sort of Wesley/Bard/Rezourceman fusion?

As I thought I've probably paid too much for the service (mind you if I look through the paperwork, I might find it was the other stuff that put the price up), but with Winter fast approaching and ice on the roads, the last thing I want is dodgy brakes or my engine overheating and wrecking the car, so best just get it all done quick.

6% accuracy? Were you playing blindfolded? :heh:

You don't need to be more accurate, you just need to fire more lasers :p

There is heating in this apartment...that I can turn on...whenever I want?

>D

(The previous place I lived in for two years had no central heating and no gas.)

Oh, and my dad got me a toaster! I never eat toast and rarely eat bread, but it looks all nice and shiny in the kitchen! :D

Pfft who needs a toaster. I make real toast.