Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

good stuff thread.

nightwolf

So yesterday at work was my first full day on the phones, on my own (first of all fourth week and on own without trainer is quick and I'm awesome) but anyway so about one hour in my friend said "You've had a compliment" and it turns out someone I spoke to rang back afterwards, asked to speak to a manager and said how amazing I was. Literally.....hilariously good. This job is so many leagues above everything else I've done (its obviously still not something I WANT to do, i.e. comic whatever) but its "As Good As It Gets" and the customers are (well 90%) are either nice or intelligent, and our procedures are logical and easy.

Whereas HBOS was 30% nice or intelligent customers and our procedures were backwards and illogical.

Winz.

What is it you're actually on the phone doing now then?

We're a stockbroker basically. So in customer services we deal with (all incoming calls) and do payments in and out, general queries, dividends, details, internet help etc.

YOU SHOULD ALL SIGN UP COS' WE ARE AWESOME/. WE GIVE YOU A FAKE £15,000 in a practise account if you want to play the stock market.

http://www.share.com

Off to Devon for a week camping.

I also decided to take my GBA with me instead of my 3DS. I feel like some good old games at the moment.

Enjoy your week off Cube :) you'll be missed but the Weighted Companion Cube can fill in for a while I suppose... just so long as it doesn't threaten to stab us. :blank:

companioncube.jpeg

... it'll be fine I'm sure. : peace:

you'll be missed but the Weighted Companion Cube can fill in for a while I suppose... just so long as it doesn't threaten to stab us. :blank:

Don't worry. I'll still be posting here. It's not "proper" camping. I'll have electricity and mobile internet.

So yesterday at work was my first full day on the phones, on my own (first of all fourth week and on own without trainer is quick and I'm awesome) but anyway so about one hour in my friend said "You've had a compliment" and it turns out someone I spoke to rang back afterwards, asked to speak to a manager and said how amazing I was. Literally.....hilariously good. This job is so many leagues above everything else I've done (its obviously still not something I WANT to do, i.e. comic whatever) but its "As Good As It Gets" and the customers are (well 90%) are either nice or intelligent, and our procedures are logical and easy.

Whereas HBOS was 30% nice or intelligent customers and our procedures were backwards and illogical.

Winz.

At least you get intelligent customers, the type i deal with are dim-whitted neanderthals who just want to know where the next buck is coming in. Which is probably the best bit of the job, laughing at the thick peeps who can't read a letter with CLEAR instructions properly.

I'd love an intelligent customer once in a blue moon.

I'm not a big contributer to this thread but I'll have a go with some positivity here and see how it feels.. :eek:

I've been injured for 5 months in total this year and, considering it's August, that equates to the majority of the year so far. It was particularly frustrating when I had my second injury because I had only just fully recovered from the first and was really enjoying my football again, almost back to my best :heh:

Anyway, the "good stuff" is that I attempted to play on Thursday night there and, whilst I need to keep working to get back up to scratch again, I came through the night unscathed despite some pain and discomfort :smile: The more I play in the coming weeks, the better that will get so it was a good night for me, in that regard!

It's positive for me :heh: I've been doin some exercise for a few weeks now and a lot of it has been done in fear of the same injury occuring again :hmm: It'll take me playing for a few weeks (maybe even months) without any problems before that fear diminishes..

This was a good first step.. it was "good stuff".. what am I supposed to come in here and say..? ::shrug:

It's positive for me :heh: I've been doin some exercise for a few weeks now and a lot of it has been done in fear of the same injury occuring again :hmm: It'll take me playing for a few weeks (maybe even months) without any problems before that fear diminishes..

This was a good first step.. it was "good stuff".. what am I supposed to come in here and say..? ::shrug:

Aye I agree, injuries are always pretty shit and it seems to be in their nature to be fine for a while, til you get complacent, then boom.. damn them lol

I'm sure you'll get there :)

I've been inventing soya-based smoothies. Currently perfecting the pear & strawberry recipie but struggling to allign the Berry Matrix with the Ice Horizon Principle. Less sugar and few more fiery near-deaths should bring me closer to the solution. More lightening please Igor.

Our show's been on the air for a couple of weeks and we're getting great reviews. :)

http://www.cairo360.com/article/tvanddvd/2423/el-bernameg-bassem-youssefs-political-satire-on-ontv/

It's a Daily Show/Colbert Report spin-off that criticizes Arab political figures and media personalities. I know very well that this is everyday stuff for you, but for people living in my part of the world it is quite revolutionary. I couldn't be more proud to be part of a team that's getting rid of taboos and red lines in the media. This is history in the making, I tell you.

You may not remember this girl I was talking about a while back who I'm good friends with, then hooked up with a few weeks ago, asked her out and she said no. Well, it was her flat party on Thursday night (which I posted about in the job hunting thread), I found out last night that not only did I not completely embarrass myself whilst steaming I actually was with this girl for ages, talking, kissing etc!

I just built and carpeted a subwoofer riser. I'm pleased with it. I still need some foam for the underside but at least it's built. Best of all, it didn't cost me a penny. My mum works for a kitchen fitting business so I got the wood from there, and my dad converts vans into camper vans so he got me the carpet. I'll probably have to buy the foam but it should still turn out to be a rather cheap project.