Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

good stuff thread.

nightwolf

I cracked up at that video. You'd make an excellent children's tv presenter. (in the best possible way). Good video, man.

I have been eating cereal (asda's own brand honey nut loops which I highly recommend) whilst listening to Blue Oyster Cult and The Zombies. A positive end to the day.

Cheers! :grin:

I'm assuming they're in their first year of learning with little exposure beforehand (as the average student age will be about 7). At their level, they're not meant to understand what each and every word means, only the phrases. The vocabulary being taught here are colours (as a recap, as they would have learnt them very early, as well as the word "colours") and clothes, as the main focus.

There was a demo video done by one of the school's teachers, which I based the level on. Some of the competition literally copied it out right, or made far, far to complex lessons. I hate to sound mean, but all the bad videos I've seen are done by Americans... :hmm:

"Fiddiculty" is indeed an awesome word - I'm so teaching my students it!

Ah, I see. That makes great sense. :)

I cracked up at that video. You'd make an excellent children's tv presenter. (in the best possible way). Good video, man.

I have been eating cereal (asda's own brand honey nut loops which I highly recommend) whilst listening to Blue Oyster Cult and The Zombies. A positive end to the day.

Exactly! I knew it reminded me of something! :D You're going to be the next star of a children's programme, Fish! ;)

I thought this was a spoof.

Haha, no, this is actually how you teach young & very young children (at most, maybe 7 year olds) a foreign language! Of course, as you live in the UK, you won't be all too familiar with the concept, given our shite public language education. Why oh why oh why was I taught French and German in English, and only starting when I was 11??? :wtf:

I thought this was a spoof.

Are you kidding? That's a great piece of teaching. Have you forgotten what it was like to be a child? I was very impressed.

All children should learn to acquire language this way as soon as possible.

Being taught two fairly useless European languages by the time you're too old to care/absorb language properly is one of the stupidest things our school system does. It would be more useful to teach us all Cantonese at age 5.

Are you kidding? That's a great piece of teaching. Have you forgotten what it was like to be a child? I was very impressed.

Being taught two fairly useless European languages by the time you're too old to care/absorb language properly is one of the stupidest things our school system does. It would be more useful to teach us all Cantonese at age 5.

If it were up to me, pupils would be taught very basic French, Spanish, Italian and German from age 4 in primary school, and then, in secondary school, split at random into groups of 12 (the maximum size at which language teaching is effective) and you'd teacher each group French, Mandarin Chinese, Spanish, Arabic, Hindi or Russian (all schools would offer all 6 languages) All language lessons would be entirely in the target language. At GCSE level, students would have to take a language, of one of any of the 8 above, which they choose, even if they've done none of that particular language before.

Mandarin, yo.

Catonese is only spoken in one city!

Mandarin, yo.

Catonese is only spoken in one city!

Perhaps he was making that point. It would be more useful to teach us a language spoken in one city at the age of 4 than F/G at the age of 11.

I frequently like to play the "what is he wearing?" game, and going to a uni mostly filled with drama students makes this easy :p

Anyway yesterday (as nothing has happened today) I got my mood change piece down pretty well. Really like the legs in particular, some nice arc-age! And as a result of the previous night's 'meet your mentor' do we had leftovers. Snacks and red wine all day!

Got the phone number of a very lovely lady this evening :bouncy:

Falcon Impregnate!

Edited by Ashley

Perhaps he was making that point. It would be more useful to teach us a language spoken in one city at the age of 4 than F/G at the age of 11.

I frequently like to play the "what is he wearing?" game, and going to a uni mostly filled with drama students makes this easy :p

Anyway yesterday (as nothing has happened today) I got my mood change piece down pretty well. Really like the legs in particular, some nice arc-age! And as a result of the previous night's 'meet your mentor' do we had leftovers. Snacks and red wine all day!

aha. Yes! maybe.

Anyway: this coffee is really, really good. Getting up late was also lovely :hug:

Went up in the attic again and found some ace shit:

PB208205.jpg

A TV/Radio/Cassette player combo, some LPs, my ace childhood toy dog and a camera tripod. Pretty much all of it used to belong to my Grandad. Also there was the bag which contained the motherload:

PB208209.jpg

My Grandads harmonica collection.

It's weird, my Grandad was apparently into photography, hence the tripod. It's strange how I seem to have taken up one of his hobbies even though he died when I was five and didn't really know him too well. Feels like I got to know him a bit better today.

It's a glorious tripod too. It's definitely going to get used.

Edited by Goafer

I'm back after a little time away, here's the lowdown on the best things of recent times.

Wednesday: Birthday, great meal with a lovely girl.

Thursday: uneventful.

Friday: Work leaving do, very drunk and much good times.

Saturday: Friends leaving do, more alcohol, pulled a really hot girl in glasses (my favourite type)

Sunday: Family leaving do

Monday: Uneventful but had drinks

Tuesday: Uneventful also drinks

Wednesday: Moved to San Francisco

Thursday: First day in new job, got to know some cool people

Friday: First drinks with new work mates

Today: Date later, hopefully that will be the best bit of the day

From now on I should be back on more regularly, I'm manically looking for somewhere to live though so could be sporadic.

Went up in the attic again and found some ace shit:

PB208205.jpg

A TV/Radio/Cassette player combo, some LPs, my ace childhood toy dog and a camera tripod. Pretty much all of it used to belong to my Grandad. Also there was the bag which contained the motherload:

PB208209.jpg

My Grandads harmonica collection.

It's weird, my Grandad was apparently into photography, hence the tripod. It's strange how I seem to have taken up one of his hobbies even though he died when I was five and didn't really know him too well. Feels like I got to know him a bit better today.

It's a glorious tripod too. It's definitely going to get used.

Harmonicas and Boston, I want your day ;-; Fucking love Harmonicas don't know why but they're awesome.