N-Europe

good stuff thread.

nightwolf

Got a phone call at 10am from my manager at work. I'm on the first of my three days off and see the call and am dreading what he's gonna say. Thinking the meet might be in jeopardy I considered not answering the phone but did so anyway..

"Hi mate, sorry to bother you on your day off, I was just calling to check if it's cool to send you off to London next Wednesday for a Nintendo Event, instead of doing your shift?"

"Uh.. yeah! That's amazing!"

"Awesome, I'm just changing your shift from 9-6 next Wednesday to just say "London" then, good stuff, have a good holiday!"

"Thanks!"

Travel isn't paid for but I will be paid for it. Seriously. That could be the best start to a long weekend ever.

And at the time neither of us knew much about the event, what it was for or anything. But having asked Twitter, our very own Tphi has informed me it's the Nintendo E3 2011 UK Showcase. Skyward Sword, Luigi's Mansion 2, Mario Kart 3DS et al.

I AM PSYCHED :D

By being a likable hardworking guy who has joined the store as a training senior sales (supervisor) and immediately shown the staff there how rubbish they are.

That's what I put it down to. He's sent me over the deputy manager. Gives you an idea about how he feels about the store. There's the manager, myself and 2 members of staff out of 10 that actually care and I've shown how dedicated I am in the two weeks of being here. I've practically run the store for him when he's been off and left me with the deputy. Apparently I'm turning the head of the regional manager.

It's helped me realise that my incredibly stressful couple of weeks hasn't been in vain and that actually, I am doing better than I thought I was. This has been a well needed confidence boost for me as I've been flagging as of late.

She is prudddy. <3

Mama raining!

Anyway - harry potter yesterday, home made food today, my parents are spoiling me, I also came back to a huge stack of parents that I didn't get in time for my birthday, including the stuff I got from amazon. Happy days :)

She is prudddy. <3

Mama raining!

Anyway - harry potter yesterday, home made food today, my parents are spoiling me, I also came back to a huge stack of parents that I didn't get in time for my birthday, including the stuff I got from amazon. Happy days :)

Heh heh, huge stack of Parents

Heh heh, huge stack of Parents

Were they attempting to play Human Tetris? :p

I got a job, YES.

Showing people around an amusement park and putting my first aid skills to the test if the need arises. Only downside is that it's an absolute trek to get to and there's hardly any buses or anything that go there. I thought I could maybe cycle there, but oof, 24km away.

Today was a pretty good day, which is rare for a work day.

On Friday I was being trained/refreshed on how to do work in our Visual Marketing department. I'd done it before, but it was a very long time ago and it was only for a day. Today, due to someone foolishly allowing the whole department to take holidays, me and VM's customer service girl were on our own. It was so nice to be in a quiet room, away from all the hassle. Plus VM work is so much more interesting than Lab work. Lab work is just normal portraits, VM images are taken around the school, sort of like a fun documentary of what goes on in schools. The photographers aren't given specific photos to get, so they are so much more creative.

To make things better, Radio 1 wasn't as shit as usual. Throughout the day, Metallica, Tenacious D and the

were played. Did very little work, then came home on time.

First day at work was great! :D A billion times more professional then Schwarzkopf. Instead of (there) my training being "Errr...oh yeah....you....ermm....what should we do with you" it was "Here is a two week timetable and plan of who you will be with and what you're doing". Email setup, I.D. and logins done. Took about 6 weeks at Schwarz. Lol.

AND they have a staff room. Whooop!

Got my best ever score at golf today. Also got a birdie. It could have been even better but I fucked the last hole up. Did two terrible shots off of the tee, then went into the water twice. Ended up with 10 overall. Even more annoying because I went into the hole, 1 stroke ahead of my dad (who's much better and far more experienced than me). But he finished two below me. Never mind, still a good round overall.

Got my best ever score at golf today. Also got a birdie. It could have been even better but I fucked the last hole up. Did two terrible shots off of the tee, then went into the water twice. Ended up with 10 overall. Even more annoying because I went into the hole, 1 stroke ahead of my dad (who's much better and far more experienced than me). But he finished two below me. Never mind, still a good round overall.

What was your gross score? I've been playing a lot in the last few months, really enjoying it. Nothing better on a nice day than spending a few hours on the Course with friends/family.

What was your gross score? I've been playing a lot in the last few months, really enjoying it. Nothing better on a nice day than spending a few hours on the Course with friends/family.

54 on a 9 hole. I know it's not great but I've only played a few times, and it's getting lower every time so at least I'm going in the right direction.

54 on a 9 hole. I know it's not great but I've only played a few times, and it's getting lower every time so at least I'm going in the right direction.

It's not that bad for a beginner, you just need to keep playing. It really is a game of repetition.

wot is a burdie?

1 under par.

I got 2 on a par 3. Chipped it in from about 5 yards away from the green edge.

It's not that bad for a beginner, you just need to keep playing. It really is a game of repetition.

Yeah I can only play during summers (when I'm off from uni).