Your Christmas list

Deap

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not this again...

It's November.

It's 5 weeks til christmas - if you have a lot of presents to buy this is relatively late.

As it is I have 4 presents to get this year, one is majorly expensive for me (a digital pocketwatch..argh!) but anyway, my parents and sister are easy to buy for so they shall be left a little later.

Do people send christmas cards?

I could say i already started my Christmas shopping... but i act on the basis of just walking around, stumbling on something and thinking "oh, god, X would love this!"- usually ending up with a trip to the till. It has to just... hit me.

I hate having to put time aside to actively go buy presents, normally ends in disaster and me getting things i'm not keen on giving to people. I just randomly walk around and let shelves inspire me. Having said that, inspiration doesnt always strike so i like having plenty of time to do my shop runs.

But i have a feeling that this year it'll go well. :) I have a few ideas already.

As for my personal list... I just want AC:B-Codex. And a loads of luvs from the ones who mean a lot to me. I'm easy to please! xD

I like Christmas shopping when it's actually christmas time. It can't be that stressful to just do it at the time. Unless you shop in central London or something.

Only thought I've given it is seeing a Mr. Messy mug in Hawkin's Bazaar I might get for my dad.

It's 5 weeks til christmas - if you have a lot of presents to buy this is relatively late.

As it is I have 4 presents to get this year, one is majorly expensive for me (a digital pocketwatch..argh!) but anyway, my parents and sister are easy to buy for so they shall be left a little later.

Do people send christmas cards?

5 weeks? I think you need to take a look at your calendar again. :heh:

In terms of what's on my list. I'd quite like a good printer as it's a pain to go all the way to the library just to print something. If I were to get one I'd like one which has wireless capabilities, scanner and cartridges which don't cost a fortune.

There's nothing else really that I really want as anything I need I just tend to buy myself. I like just getting things for presents that I would like but can't justify buying myself, like the printer. Maybe a nice tie or something too.

Not sure what time zone you're in but I count 7 weeks. I always grab everything the week before, normally the couple days before. I don't understand how it takes some people so long.

Not sure what time zone you're in but I count 7 weeks. I always grab everything the week before, normally the couple days before. I don't understand how it takes some people so long.

I don't think it's the fact it takes people a long time, it's normally just a case of...

a) people who don't use the internet want to start getting stuff in, to avoid things being sold out.

b) people who want things that are out from around now onwards, just decide they'll have it for christmas, or give it to someone for christmas.

All I want for Christmas is you... guys to buy me loads of presents and feed me turkey and grapes. I would also like a jetpack that has a cup holder, a golden replica of the Neon Genesis Evangelion Longinus Spear, two cans of Scooby Doo Pasta shapes, a chocolate dog shaped like a cat, five golden rings, a blade of grass from Israel, pork sausage with the word "Hello" written boldly upon it, a delicious cake, a bucket full of blue sand, a small replica of the solar system constructed with pasta, hope and dreams, a piece of ice shaped like a Spitfire from outer space, red socks, there's more...

It's because someone mentioned it was 5 weeks til the christmas holidays to me just before I wrote it - geez. ::shrug:

My Neighbours have had christmas lights on since the end of September, which is odd given it's mostly a Muslim community here...at least I know those houses are. Strange.

It's not about taking so long, some people like to spread out their purchases so it doesn't hurt their wallet as much heh. Plus for some presents you buy online you have to calculate in shipping time.

I'm gonna start with my shopping now, at least for some of it already. I dislike having to go out into town in December as it's super busy and it just makes me all stressed. I want to try and avoid it as much as possible haha.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!