N-Europe

The Saturdays?

Slaggis

I'm aware any thread concerning pop music will just instantly be filled with the same old grumpy comments complaining out the state of music nowadays, but what the hell.

I find them fascinating. Unlike Girls Aloud, who all instantly had some kind of personality attributed to them, I know literally nothing about these women. I can't decide whether this is a positive thing, or whether it just proves how faceless pop music is nowadays, in the sense that sometimes it's now hard to even know who's singing what on the radio. I'm aware they've only basically had one song of actual note, that being the brilliant "Up", but I find them oddly promising. I do like that I couldn't see Girls Aloud singing either "Up" or "Higher" however.

I'm in love with "Higher". Light, bouncy pop with a great hook.

I found myself liking Missing You without really wanting to. I find their other tunes a bit annoying, and they themselves are like a faceless Girls Aloud. But still not as faceless as most pop bands, so yeah.. they have something at least, i guess!

In summary: they're ok! Just ok though.

I can quite happily listen to Girls Aloud and The Saturdays depending on the situation. I honestly couldn't care who's signing a song if I like it. To me a good song is something which is pleasurable to listen to and both of those bands have a few songs I might choose to listen to.

The only song of theirs I really like is an Ego remix I have (I think it's Jason Nevins). I was disappointed when I heard the normal version.

I nothing them mostly though. I'm always one for catchy female-led pop, but I just find them kinda dull. I prefer Katy Perry. :hmm:

I loved Frankie right from the start of S-Club Juniors. So lovely, at least before she cut her hair short. The blonde one is quite nice too.

Music-wise I find them pretty cool, I have nothing against totally manufactured pop though.

I like The Saturdays, some of their songs are a little catchy and stick in your head. I don't like 'Issues' anymore, it's too over-played now and it's got to the stage where it's annoying.

However, I love this video (not the song so much, the video is better on mute ;)):

meh, I'm pretty indifferent to them.

I've heard a couple of their songs which are grand quality but there's just something about them...

It's like they're just kinda hovering around the place and not really doing anything, I dunno, I can't explain it :hmm:

Maybe if they actually showed some more personality/life and give us a reason to care about them they'd probably be much more promising.