N-Europe

What We're Doing

Ashley

One of the big problems I had with the big theme threads was that often, you went in there and posted your own opinion, the next 50 people did the same, and nothing interesting ever really came from it. No discussion, no debate. What's the point in posting something if people don't reply to it?

This is not a criticism of the people posting, by the way. It's just a sad truth of that type of thread.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's hardly true, if that were the case why did the recent Naruto thread bomb almost straight away? Also the thread wasn't posted often enough to make other discussion get "lost".

Exactly - most of the current watchers only need to post once a week - very like the comic thread I can imagine.

Because sometimes people can ignore or be rude, no-one is perfect, sorry I didn't find it as easy to get into the conversation. ::shrug:

Well wolfy I would never ignore you my dear =P I can see where you are coming from, but I just can't see it working with seperate threads.. You'd end up recreating the thread every time a discussion-worthy episode came up

Exactly - most of the current watchers only need to post once a week - very like the comic thread I can imagine.

Well wolfy I would never ignore you my dear =P I can see where you are coming from, but I just can't see it working with seperate threads.. You'd end up recreating the thread every time a discussion-worthy episode came up

Well I guess, but it seems more apt to have different threads for different subjects rather than lumping them all into one, criss-crossing major discussions etc. I just didn't happen to like it, I don't know why it would ruffle people's feathers as it's not my decision.

That's hardly true, if that were the case why did the recent Naruto thread bomb almost straight away? Also the thread wasn't posted often enough to make other discussion get "lost".

Not enough interest? I dunno, I do not watch Naruto so I did not go into the thread, so I cannot say why it bombed.

But when I went into the old anime thread the near only discussion that was going on there was about the most recent Naruto episode.

Not like the anime thread was bustling with activity before, activity only seemed to spike when people were talking about the recent Naruto episode.

Not like the anime thread was bustling with activity before, activity only seemed to spike when people were talking about the recent Naruto episode.

Please Mundi, you know that to not be true. They talked about Bleach while the new Naruto wasn't out.

But that was pretty much it. It was rare to see someone trying to talk about something else, because no one would continue the conversation.

well you know, I've posted about different stuff before and been ignored, but I don't take it personally

It's not an anime forum, so is there REALLY a need for threads for every anime? An individual thread is likely to get less attention because people aren't even going to go into the thread. I like the anime thread, I do check out anime suggestions even if I don't always reply.

How about having a general anime, general movies, general music, general manga, general books, general etc thread for each genre, stickied in a separate 'Entertainment' board, with a smorgasboard of more focused topics gaggling about beneath it.

Bigger stuff gets its own thread, mods are active at ripping, and the only neg that there's been about thread-rips wouldn't be a problem as there's no real chance for embarassment.

Things like "your top 5 movies with boobies in" would get its own thread, but your "YO totally watched these seven films. 10/10132 for each. PEACE" would go in the general.

Totally saying this here because it's what I believe we should do. What we should've done over a month ago. Come on you reds!

I don't recall you piping up too much about it behind the scenes. Sure, you mention but I don't recall any clout behind it.

I think if we start creating a hundred "general" threads right now it will kneejerk us back into the darkened days prior to July 19th.

well you know, I've posted about different stuff before and been ignored, but I don't take it personally

It's not an anime forum, so is there REALLY a need for threads for every anime? An individual thread is likely to get less attention because people aren't even going to go into the thread. I like the anime thread, I do check out anime suggestions even if I don't always reply.

The point being made is that there is no need for a general anime thread because of how little discussion was in the old thread with the exception of some specific shows.

If you really want to discuss a specific show/news/whatever, just make a thread.

Because it is pretty obvious that less attention is made about something if no one makes thread about it.

• 2 weeks later...

Guys, trust me, you're not being ignored. There's just more important stuff going on at the moment.

Can't go into any detail, probably shouldn't have said anything at all, but I just don't want everyone thinking that the head honchos have stopped caring!

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!