Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

What Have You Bought?

Ashley

I've recently fallen into the trap of buying things because they're good deals. Although "jumped" might be a more apt verb, as I've never lost sleep over buying things I can sell for more than the price I paid if the situation demands it.

Battlestar Galactica: The Complete Series on Blu-ray, £53.96 from Zavvi using a 10% code

Picture2.png

This boxset is pretty obscene value; you're looking at about £1 an hour of video, disregarding special features. Whilst I've no particular compulsion to rewatch the show right this second, it'll be nice to have it all there when I do, and in HD to boot.

4Gamers CP-NC2 Headset, £25.48 from GAME.co.uk, now out of stock

515f1yd4XiL.jpg

These traditionally retail for £60-100, so I assume their price was a mistake. Whatever the case I don't strictly need them — nor their noise-cancelling functionality — but I thought I'd give them a try, see how much of an improvement their 54m neodynium drivers are over my ageing infrared Sony headphones.

My friend told me about an accordion for sale in a local antiques shop at work today, but when I got there I couldn't find it. I guess it sold. So I figured I'd finally get round to learning to play my Grandad's harmonicas instead. Dad got a shitload of them when he died, which he has passed on to me, may as well put them to use. He was pretty good from what I gather. He played in the states and I have a pretty fancy looking certificate with his name on.

Bought to learn with:

51y4CH-KlpL._SS500_.jpg

411KodCfXyL.jpg

I bought something similar a few years back. The whole having to move your tongue around too fucking much! I gave up.

The whole having to move your tongue around too fucking much! I gave up.

Oddly enough, this was what I put on my application for one of those badass Stephen Hawking voiceboxes. Cheap fucking NHS wouldn't fork out for one.

Who else expected me to go for a girlfriend joke?

Picture2.png

This boxset is pretty obscene value;

It's also obscenely big... what is taking up all that space? For a show that is only four seasons, on a medium which prides itself on copious storage space, why is it in a box which is in anyway landscape in shape?

The Frasier box set has shown me you could easily fit all of Battlestar Galactica in one VHS size case.

It's also obscenely big... what is taking up all that space? For a show that is only four seasons, on a medium which prides itself on copious storage space, why is it in a box which is in anyway landscape in shape?

The Frasier box set has shown me you could easily fit all of Battlestar Galactica in one VHS size case.

It's 4.5 seasons long, with the pilot episode, and Razor, and a special features disc. (each their own discs).

Although it does bring up the point that how is it there are as many blu-rays as DVDs. I know HD takes up more quality but considering the discs are six times bigger than DVDs surely you can fit in more episodes per disc than 4. And its not really 4.5 seasons as season four, in total, is as many episodes as 2 and 3 (just a bit shorter actually if I recall correctly). If anything its 3 and 1/2 seasons.

Although the Frasier box set needs to be just a tad deeper.

Edited by Ashley

Well, it deserves to be seen on your shelf. It's probably better than 68% of the rest of your dvd/blu-ray collection. Space smache.

I wept so many when my cousin showed me the ugly-ass book thing he has for all his DVD's, like a giant, heavy version of a dvd/cd wallet. He'd thrown out all the DVD cases. I felt ill. The best thing is having a wall of DVD spines to touch/look at.

It's also obscenely big... what is taking up all that space?

They needed to leave a gap so that the glaring omission of The Plan was immediately obvious.

As for there being the same amount of Blu-rays as DVDs, I imagine at least part of it is down to the inclusion of storage eating features such as uncompressed audio. Presumably it's also a matter of perceived value, though.

EM88-FB.jpg

There's a place at the shopping centre near my mother's that I pop into every time I come home (this year so...three times) and buy some jeans. I can't afford them but I end up buying them. Anyway I popped in today and the guy remembered me and that I was at uni in London, which impressed me as he'd only seen me twice before. Anyway chatted for a bit and I tried stuff on. Asked if they did refunds for sales stuff and he said no but offered to knock £5 off (making them £10 down from £45) so took them.

Nice when people are nice! If I ever get a job I'm blatantly going to spend a lot of money in there.

gorilla_pod_slr1.jpg

For someone's leaving present at work. She's leaving to study photography at uni.

Also got her this since she is currently the record holder for the most sun burnt person I've ever seen. It's healed now, but I got it for the lulz:

186654.jpg?ts=634444852080

Only £99.99 RRP.

? Don't tell me they're only going to be bundling it with consoles...

I naturally assumed there would be a bundle with just the game and remote, hence not £99.99 - would hope not - more like £49.99 (GAME price) or £44.87 (ShopTo price). :p