Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

What Have You Bought?

Ashley

See what you mean with the ordering faff.

Wouldn't be getting it for the price difference - Might see if I can sort the camera and OS out and get back to loving the phone like I did a few months back!

Well in that case you have a week from today to get ready:

bit.ly/OnePlusPreorders2

http://preorder.oneplus.net/

I highly recommend you prepare your pre-order ahead of time, and leave the browser tab open the night before pre-orders begin. It took me almost 3 hours to get my order through due to their servers being overwhelmed, and I wouldn't trust them to say they'll have it fixed for the next round of pre-orders.

Edit: OnePlus is set to release their next phone in about 6 months, if you'd rather wait for that.

Edited by arab_freak

One of these...

retron-5-black-bundle-440x440.jpg

General pre-orders start tomorrow at 9am over at...

http://www.funstock.co.uk/retron-5-2-controller-bundle-black

Just in case anyone else is interested, I only managed to pre-order today as I signed up to their advanced notification, they all sold out really quickly too but as I said the general stock goes live 9am tomorrow. : peace:

I'm sure @Hero\-of\-Time perhaps?

Yep the Retron 5 is pretty awesome and as it can get firmware updates any problems it can have have started to be fixed. The controller is ugly as hell but I actually found myself using it a lot more after I got used to it. Its a shame it took long to get certification to be sold over here but I'm glad it finally has.

One of these...

retron-5-black-bundle-440x440.jpg

General pre-orders start tomorrow at 9am over at...

http://www.funstock.co.uk/retron-5-2-controller-bundle-black

Just in case anyone else is interested, I only managed to pre-order today as I signed up to their advanced notification, they all sold out really quickly too but as I said the general stock goes live 9am tomorrow. : peace:

I'm sure @Hero\-of\-Time perhaps?

I know it's cool but that's crazy expensive. :p

I know it's cool but that's crazy expensive. :p

Kind of how I feel about the Majora's Mask even though I know full well that it's awesome, I thought for a good while on that and would have purchased it but I would have needed somewhere safe to wall-hang it, maybe one day though. : peace:

Also I completely get that it is quite an outlay but factor in the costs of buying each console to buy them separately online, even conservatively it'll probably be something like this...

Megadrive £25

SNES £25

NES £20

GBA £15

Universal adapter (SNES) £20

That's already £115 without the cost of extra controllers etc, it's all in one unit too so space saving plus you can back up your cartridge saves from it and/or opt to use save states. :)

I know you can kind of do the same on a PC so I suppose it is kind of expensive still... :/

But I intend to get a lot of use out of it providing it all works correctly, it'll be awesome to be able to play my original copy of Chrono Trigger again which I haven't been able to easily play for years. :D

But I intend to get a lot of use out of it providing it all works correctly, it'll be awesome to be able to play my original copy of Chrono Trigger again which I haven't been able to easily play for years. :D

Just dont do what I did at Extra Life and die on the first real enemy in Chrono Trigger and get all annoyed when you realise you didnt save lol

Kind of how I feel about the Majora's Mask even though I know full well that it's awesome, I thought for a good while on that and would have purchased it but I would have needed somewhere safe to wall-hang it, maybe one day though. : peace:

Also I completely get that it is quite an outlay but factor in the costs of buying each console to buy them separately online, even conservatively it'll probably be something like this...

Megadrive £25

SNES £25

NES £20

GBA £15

Universal adapter (SNES) £20

That's already £115 without the cost of extra controllers etc, it's all in one unit too so space saving plus you can back up your cartridge saves from it and/or opt to use save states. :)

I know you can kind of do the same on a PC so I suppose it is kind of expensive still... :/

Oh yeah, really good if you have/can get all the games but don't have/want to get out your old consoles. I don't know why though but I expected this to be around £100.

Oh yeah, really good if you have/can get all the games but don't have/want to get out your old consoles. I don't know why though but I expected this to be around £100.

It's a fair assumption really, the real price is closer to £130 but the only bundle they had stock of is the one with the extra controller which brings it up to £160 but then you get to use a discount code which brings it down to about £150 again.

I do have a few games in my collection from when I used to buy them years ago in the days when Yahoo Auctions existed and eBay was still in its early days so I managed to get a partially sealed copy of Chrono Trigger for some daft price of around £30 I think it was... still quite an outlay at the time buy now I wouldn't be able to get it for anywhere near that price; same goes for A Link to the Past which I'm sure I only paid £25 for a full boxed copy, these days though you can only just about get the cartridge for that price... :blank:

It will just be nice to be able to hopefully just put the cartridge in and for it to hopefully work reliably without the need for any adapters which can be a bit temperamental even if you have one of the ones that actually work with the game you wish to play, I can recall going through three different adapters just to get Chrono Trigger to fully work back in the day, it was definitely worth it though, I can't wait to see if my original save file is still present. : peace: