NEurope
Ashley

What Have You Bought?

original.jpg

1394713901_11.jpg

91JQT82aKvL._SL1500_.jpg

I look forward to seeing you on Battlefield. :D

Think you've already pre-ordered Fifa, too? :yay:

yup, Fifa is pre-ordered, and Destiny shall be bought as well, looking forward to some fun multiplayer times ahead!

Loved the first 3 tracks I heard from this album, so I figured I'd take the plunge:

Music%26Atmosphere-%D1%80%D0%B0%D0%B7%D0%BD%D0%BE%D0%B5-Jolie-coquine-CARAVAN-PALACE-945172.jpeg

A sample:

Bought some graphic design books today to boost my new found professionalism:

5540-1.jpg

graphic-design-school.jpg

61S161DW2XL._SY300_.jpg

Was meant to pick it up last week but HMV didn't bother to order the re-issues in and Amazon was saying it was temporarily out of stock for a bit. Finally sorted now and on it's way to me :yay:

Also bought a new TV aerial (£20). Now I can actually watch TV rather than simply getting a scrambled picture on every single channel.

Recently bought

81A3Z6cKGjL._SL1500_.jpg

81fLESj0ycL._SL1500_.jpg

Got both for about £27 combined. I'm catching up, will spend this month doing so. Still waiting for the second season to arrive, the 3rd arrived on Saturday.

Last of my new/old consoles arrived. Also turns out that, even though it wasnt advertised on the auction, this Gamecube game with a Gameboy player!

IMG_20140901_190808.jpg

Also bought a copy of Amazing Spider-Man 2. I didnt think all that much of it when I first watched it but as you all know, im a sucker for Superhero movies.

Amazing-Spider-Man-2.png

Wow @Happenstance! Getting a Game Boy Player with it is a nice bonus! Did it include the actual disc to make use of it though?

I've finally managed to get my hands on this:

61kv2RTprAL.jpg

Wow @Happenstance! Getting a Game Boy Player with it is a nice bonus! Did it include the actual disc to make use of it though?

I didnt realise it needed one, doesnt look like it. Doesnt matter though, my Retron 5 basically does the same thing anyway.

I didnt realise it needed one, doesnt look like it. Doesnt matter though, my Retron 5 basically does the same thing anyway.

Yeah it needs a boot disc unfortunately. Some how there are way more hardware than discs around! You're not missing out on much anyway if you've got a RetroN 5, just a few games support rumble with the GameCube controller (I haven't seen any emulators which mimic this, though they probably exist!).

Last of my new/old consoles arrived. Also turns out that, even though it wasnt advertised on the auction, this Gamecube game with a Gameboy player!

IMG_20140901_190808.jpg

Oh man you also got Shadow. I'm so sorry for you!

Shadow the Hedgehog is terrible. But if anything, it will make you appreciate the other great GameCube games even more.

I think I had it when it first came out as well, possibly for the Xbox. I'm just happy with Animal Crossing though, was playing it last night and its still my favourite version.

MMClashOfHeroesBoxshot.jpg

Remember enjoying this when I was sent it to review a few years back and found it dirt cheap so thought "What they hell!" and once again, really enjoying it. Great little game!

Started rebuying my old games from my list, £4 from CEX. Had to wait for an edition to come in with the original GC box and cover, but worth the wait.

1551660_584100325032392_8935544532216127009_n.jpg?oh=d302d012cfc2a1e16e6af3ca5dc7a2ea&oe=5467D99F&__gda__=1417696214_40b7da63a4f5596a2a0afb37743cc588

I went into CEX for some GC games the other day - well, to see if there were any worth picking up. They had none. Loads of ps2 but no Cube. Was a pretty big store too.

Never did play Rogue Leader.

I went into CEX for some GC games the other day - well, to see if there were any worth picking up. They had none. Loads of ps2 but no Cube. Was a pretty big store too.

Never did play Rogue Leader.

The sequel was never as good as Leader, probably because of the on-foot sections which just didn't suit this type of game. I remember playing the crap out of this during the lifetime of my GC days. But unfortunetly, had to sell most of my collection to pay a few bills. The time is right to rebuild the collection.

I've got a few friends on the lookout for other GC games in their original boxes (if not, players choice boxes). The issue i've seen with CEX in Cardiff is that any GC games they get in, most come in DVD cases with clearly photocopied covers. When i get the chance to get to Swansea's CEX and Cash Generator and places like Rotten Tomato and Cash Generator in Cardiff, they seemingly have loads of GC in store in original GC cases.

CEX in Cardiff has loads of PS2 and Xbox games. But not a load of GC stuff, which is a shame. And it's usually the cruddy GC.

31G1pXhIMoL._SY400_.jpg

These are going for a tenner on Amazon with a promo code (the pink one looks like a vibrator). Phone sometimes dies if I use it too much so this seems handy and not too large.

31G1pXhIMoL._SY400_.jpg

These are going for a tenner on Amazon with a promo code (the pink one looks like a vibrator). Phone sometimes dies if I use it too much so this seems handy and not too large.

What code did you use to get the discount? Also, tested it yet? Any good?

I might buy this for my dad's birthday, he might be able to use this when he goes to festivals or something. =P

What code did you use to get the discount? Also, tested it yet? Any good?

I might buy this for my dad's birthday, he might be able to use this when he goes to festivals or something. =P

Code is HJDPYF38 (Amazon)

I've charged it but not really tested it yet, reviews say you'll get maybe 1.3 charges of an iPhone out of it (I have a Nexus 4 though, so not sure what it'll turn out like). Comes with a nice little bag and a USB lead, so pretty good for a tenner.

New Bear McCreary album!

eiicaS9.jpg

Soundtrack is a brilliant mix of a full orchestra, drums/guitar and NES/SNES/Atari/Mega Drive sound chips.

If you're interested, you can hear the main theme (film theme, not the vocal one) here.