NEurope
Paj!

Tattoos

Tattoos are lame, mostly because nobody other than you who sees them gives a fuck. And if its something so unsticky in your memory that you need a constant visual reminder, then chances are its not worth it in the first place. I guess they can be cool as a talking point, but then they'd need to be something colossally out of the ordinary like getting a cock tattooed on your forehead.

Also, I just don't think that human skin works as a good canvas for art. It always ends up looking weird, compositionally misplaced, and just plain gross. Always.

Guess I'll cancel that 'Saad' tattoo I had planned for my left testicle then.

Tattoos are lame, mostly because nobody other than you who sees them gives a fuck. And if its something so unsticky in your memory that you need a constant visual reminder, then chances are its not worth it in the first place. I guess they can be cool as a talking point, but then they'd need to be something colossally out of the ordinary like getting a cock tattooed on your forehead.

Also, I just don't think that human skin works as a good canvas for art. It always ends up looking weird, compositionally misplaced, and just plain gross. Always.

I agree with most of what you say on this forum.

But I disagree with everything you just said in that post.

I disagree with most of what you say on this forum.

But I agree with everything you just said in that post.

I disagree with most of what you say on this forum.

I disagree with many things you say on this forum.

Tattoos are lame, mostly because nobody other than you who sees them gives a fuck.

Wrong. I care about other peoples tattoos. Much in the same way as I like to look at other peoples photos, painting and other art.

And I'm fairly sure there are people who care about my tattoo, but I didn't get a tattoo so I could get approval from other people anyway. I got it because I like it. Why should what I do to my body be based on other people giving a fuck?

And if its something so unsticky in your memory that you need a constant visual reminder, then chances are its not worth it in the first place.

So I'm guessing you don't keep any photos then? Or anything of sentimental value?

I guess they can be cool as a talking point, but then they'd need to be something colossally out of the ordinary like getting a cock tattooed on your forehead.

Mine has been a talking point loads of times and I'm somewhat certain it doesn't look like a cock, or at the very least it hasn't been a talking point because it looks like one.

It always ends up looking weird, compositionally misplaced, and just plain gross. Always.

Pff, just because you haven't done the relevant legwork to find one that does work well compositionally, doesn't mean they don't exist.

Edit: Don't you have a lip piercing? I don't think anyone with a metal bar inserted into their face should be calling anything "weird and just plain gross" (for the record, I had/have a lip piercing too).

Edited by Goafer

I assume that you "care," because you've gained initiation into the tattoo club by virtue of having tattoos. Social identity theory: you care about people that you have a definitive point of convergence with in terms of interests.

I keep photos, but I don't pin them to my skin. Also, I can tear them up, burn them, stick em in the wank bank. Whatever I want. I suppose you could remove tattoos, but then you'd have to spend a few weeks in the burn ward. Then theres what I said about composition; photographs are self contained, they don't tend to be visual appendages awkwardly misplaced on an unweildy 3D object.

I am not in any way condemning anyone for having tattoos; its up to you, and if it makes you happy, then that's good. I'm just saying that after thinking about it, I can't come up with any reason for why I would want one, especially being as fickle minded as I am. And I have yet to see a tattoo that I think is worthwhile. Some are cool, sure, but the price of entry doesn't make me think that "cool" is enough of a reason. But then thats just me.

As for my lip piercing; I got it because it is essentially meaningless, removable, done drunkenly with youthful and misplaced convictions of what "cool" is. Although I've become somewhat attached to it.

I love how when people respond with indignation their responses seem to be limited to "this is not the case." Qualify your beliefs properly goddamnit.

Also, chill out. I'm just rambling.

Considering its on your bosack, you could have it like one of those Japanese folding fans where you stretch it out and it says something completely different.

Edited by The Bard
Automerged Doublepost

I thought you were going for the "I'm with stupid >>" pointing at the right nut.

Life would be a bit boring if we all agreed....

I agree with bard's last post. I have a couple of tats, where I don't regret them.. I don't think I'd miss them either. Better to keep photos, or like draw the designs on a canvas rather than your own body!

I'm more of a piercing person because I know that the majority of my piercings can be removed, and the rest (ear stretchies) very well concealed.

Wow, ReZ that is bad. There are SOME limits you know?

I've only discovered one or two. And really....I only discovered those because I wasn't funny enough.

Yeah... only one or two times where you weren't funny enough?!

:heh:

This is what I meant by the way. I don't want people thinking I was surprised that there had been times when reZ hadn't been funny enough.

Well this is the next one I want, It's been drawn on my arm (the pic is my scrawny, puny arm although it was over a year ago that was drawn on :p )

Was drawn on using Sharpy's by my friends girlfriend who is now actually working in the tattoo shop drawing out peoples idea's and piercing.

n6071304506379707532837.jpg

Not my own, as I will never get a tattoo, but someone on DeviantArt let me know she used one of my images for a tattoo. Quite awesome to see that my illustrations inspire people. Yay! =)

tumblr_lh4e39uitT1qbjpkxo1_500.jpg

BUMP!

So I just got my first tattoo today. Really happy with it but the aftercare is weirding me out. I got instructions from the studio but I also decided to check online. Basically I left the bandage on for 5 hours and then washed it with hot water and soap and then rinsed it with cold water.

However, I'm unsure about the lotion. The instructions say to apply it tomorrow but a lot of people on t'internet say lotion after the wash.

Any tips?

Just leave it and keep reapplying cream. Any kind of excessive rubbing or movement (like washing) can make the scabs pull off which makes the inkwork patchy. It needs to fall off by itself.

Yeah, I know to be careful with it. No scratchy. If it itches pat it. Basically DO NOT FREAKING TOUCH!!! I just don't know if I should add lotion now or leave it until tomorrow, give the tattoo some air.

It might not matter either way but if anyone has any experience that'd be grand. I got the tattoo at 6pm so it's less than 6 hours old.

I've found that keeping the tattoo moist is the best way. When I was working nights, I applied the cream every few hours.

It didn't form a scab as it never dried. Ink is leaked out into the scab IIRC, so scabbing is not good.

Even if my understanding is wrong, the section of my tattoo that didn't scab/was kept moist is the best part in terms of how well it held the ink.

Also, if it does scab, let the scab fall off in it's own time. Don't try and get it to come off. Ink that is leaked into the scab can be reabsorbed by the skin, so the longer the scab stays on, the more ink you can claim back. It's still ideal to not let it scab to begin with though.

So I should probably lotion it now?

If it were me, I would.

Could depend on which lotion you have though. My advice is based on Bepanthen (nappy rash cream).

It's up to you. I read loads of different methods on aftercare, many of which contradict each other. Lotioning it every few hours worked for me. I'm sure other people will have their own methods.