NEurope
Paj!

Tattoos

I know we have the generic piercings/tattoos thread from ages back, but in the spirit of the thread lock thing...

Tattoos.

Who's got them, where, show us pics!

I want a tatto. Have for a while, but then while in Orkney, all my sister and I watched was Miami and L.A Ink. Which made it look so stunning, and of course edited to appear completely painfree.

Having got home and looked up tattoo parlours in Edinburgh, I realised why certain people were on TV and others weren't : artistic skill. And also I remembered that it was famous for being painful. How painful were people's tattoos here?

I wanted to get a little something like this (not this colour scheme):

Xlogo.gif

So hopefully that's unfuck-upable. It's the X-Men logo.

Never got one (and never will, too permanent for my liking) but from my experience of going with friends (I've racked up over 20 hours just sat in tattoo parlours) the pain depends on the location somewhat i.e. hip/lower torso is more painful than upper thigh, and back is a killer.

If I were to get one I'd probably just get a small one of these snails because of what they symbolise to me. My friend gets loads (well, a lot of my friends get loads actually) so I just like vicariously through him :heh:

Yeah I gathered from the Ink shows/general research that the back is like "Fuck me, I'm crying.". And the chest is very painful too.

1st Tattoo - Starsign

picture.php?albumid=1221&pictureid=6511

2nd Tattoo - Random Stars (no Point for them, i like them)

picture.php?albumid=1221&pictureid=6512

3rd Tattoo - Self Explanatory

picture.php?albumid=1221&pictureid=6513

4th / 5th Tattoo - Angel & Devil Swallow, (no point for them, i like them)

picture.php?albumid=1221&pictureid=7189

also have scaffold piercing in right ear, both lobes pierced, and top of left ear pierced.

Paj, X-Men is good, but really there is only one Comic book tattoo.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQo2r3o3snAHretS_2NviCkf7NgetWo2wsM1MDPcIEx7b3ZKo4&t=1&usg=__l0VTzgiip1vc_XCc9Q8f9JS6Nlg=

Or get an Ottley piece of art. :D

Well I'd rather have a stunning picture by Frank Quitely/other artisr etc, but these things DON'T translate well at all. (Any comic artist really) A lot to do with the tattoo artist themselves, but also cause very thin lines don't work in tattoos. (apparently)

Plus I have no connection to the symbiote/Venom symbol.

I think so long as you're prepared for your tattoo to hurt then it isn't so bad, when I got my first tattoo I just thought it might hurt other people but I can take pain and it won't hurt me. but I was wrong and it hurt like a bitch lol. Anyone who tells you that it doesn't is lying to your face.

As for Miami Ink, yeah some of the tattooists there aren't so great, Chris Garver is the best one there, I work in a tattoo studio and I have seen so many messed up tattoos and you wouldn't believe how many people can't see the difference between a good tattoo and a crap tattoo, it baffles me!

Oh yeah and Circles are one of the most difficult things to tattoo on the skin so nice choice of tattoo there :P

Edited by Munch
Automerged Doublepost

I want a tattoo. Not sure what, though. Maybe saying "One bad day."

I :heart: Joker.

I have a few tattoos that I want, I've never yet got round to them and I imagine you'll know why - money!

My backpiece is currently undecided I wanted for a very long time a form of tree crawling up my back (it's a family piece so it seemed fitting) but recently the artist I wanted it down by did a similiar piece to someone, given they pride themselves on doing unique work I'm waiting to see if I changed my mind on keeping it. It was estimated at 320 for day sessions and I needed four day sessions, given their work it's nothing, they usually price themselves at 70quid an hour, which is cheap.

http://www.nineboycesstreet.com/james/

I'd also like nigel from nine to do some magpies on my feet, I've always counted them, always! So it seemed fitting.

I've also had a piece by linkin park always in my mind, it seems cheesy and I usually resent lyric pieces from bands, but the lyrics in 'in the end' have always been interesting to me, but I don't know if I'd ever get them.

I wanted to get a little something like this (not this colour scheme):

Xlogo.gif

This feels less fun. Considering when you look at it it reminds you of the film logo.

I've got two tattoos, pretty standard stuff, a dragon on my inside arm and flower thing on my leg.

Piercings I have; ears 4mm, 1.6mm, 1.6mm, 1.6mm (left side) and a 7mm on right. I'm a bit lopsided, but I like being different :P Going to stretch 1st and 2nd more on left ear, leaving the 7mm as it is for now.

Got a lip piercing as well (lower right) Used to have a rook but it rejected and the structure of my ear has collapsed a little. Also had double nostril (left). Initial one was fine, but the second one scarred a lot and I ended up having to take them both out.

I'd like more piercings but they are a huge hassle for me in terms of healing because I've got an extremely overactive immune system. I got cauliflower ear more severe than my piercist had ever seen (and I was living on painkillers for 2 weeks) then my piercing was rejected within 6-8 months (normally lasts 1-2 years)

Make sure the angle is right so it's always at an angle.

I love these,

fallon%2Bharley.jpg

ryan%2Bharley.jpg

I'd never get a sleeve but I love this one.

marco%2Bjoker%2B2.jpg

amber%2Bback.jpg

I would honestly say daft that all of those are a bit crap.

These I would say are better

the_joker_tattoo_by_carlyshephard.jpg

I can't recall who did the above, but here's a few batman tattoos Nikko did:

l_e37d337e643149d7ab886708834112c6.jpg

l_099a1eba0b45411d8d153f26e90f5b08.jpg

l_f9ab099d34b12828ceb73fe181372bce.jpg

I like the playing card styled ones a lot more... "picture" tattoos aren't really my thing though to be honest.

stuff

See, I'd get a picture tattoo, if these results were guaranteed! But they aren't. Most are shite. The Catwoman is "!". Joker moreso though. I want to touch it.

This feels less fun. Considering when you look at it it reminds you of the film logo.

Well I hate metal, I wouldn't get that. I do agree though. I'd rather get the X-Men logo in full for clarity's sake, but then symbols carry mystique/ambiguity lest you hate being branded in the end. I need to investigate logos more. I found a blog by the guy who designed loads of the X-Men/X-titles logos in the 80's and 90's and studied all the rest. So that's useful.

I would say personally it's garanteed if you go to an artist such as Nikko.

I wasn't referring to the content with these tattoos Daft, more so that the tattoos you linked seemed to be badly inked.

Gross.

I would say personally it's garanteed if you go to an artist such as Nikko.

I wasn't referring to the content with these tattoos Daft, more so that the tattoos you linked seemed to be badly inked.

Ah, I wasn't bothered with the quality so much as what it was of.

Here's one of the more interesting ones I've seen:

allenbjorkblog.jpg

I'm a bit settled on the idea of not getting a tattoo. I think some of them look good but I just wouldn't be content with mine after a while, I imagine.

I've always wanted Love Fear Hate somewhere on my waist, but well apart from being cliched and would look shit i'd still get it :bouncy: