NEurope
Paj!

Tattoos

She doesn't look dirty enough to be McGee standards :p, but as Moogle pointed out, maybe the hair could offer a sense of roughness.

How long before Alice is looking really hairy?

Not very. My mom is trying to tell me I'll have to keep my leg shaved. Yeah not happening.

That's pretty awesome :) grats.

Consultation for my first tattoo Saturday. Scary stuff!

Thanks!

They're not that scary...maybe. A good artist will talk it all through with you to help get exactly what you want.

The pain isn't bad and you have tons of piercings right? No problem for you I'm sure. Otherwise I'd say they'll be willing to run water through first to give an indication of what it feels like.

Edit hahah, check the date of your last post in this thread. 2 years to the day.

Edited by Nolan

Booked to have my Zelda tat done.

Excited!!!

Cheers @Murr for the inspiration!!

Awesome, when? Gonna show it off too?

5th November.

Gunna take a couple of sessions though. Will put it on here when its done.

I'm pretty fixated on the idea of getting some tattoos at the moment - the question of WHAT to get is the sticking point. I'm ridiculously indecisive and that's not a great thing with tattoos since it's an image that will be with you for the rest of your life.

My main feeling is that I should just pick something small and simple I like and get it done in an unobtrusive place to "scratch the itch". That should enable me to move on with a slightly evolved understanding of the process and consider larger and more complex pieces that I can work together with an artist to achieve.

How do you put pictures on properly? I will put mine on here that I have so far.

How do you put pictures on properly? I will put mine on here that I have so far.

Try jumping on a website like http://postimage.org/ and sharing the image that has been hosted. You may need to click on it to get the genuine URL though so the image shows and isn't a link.

Next just dump the URL between the IN HERE tags.

Photobucket.com are good. You have to set up an account, but you can organise and keep all of your photos.

If you're not bothered about that then something like imageshack.us or tinypic.com will do.

Those look really cool @nightwolf, any idea what kinda design you're going for?

Augh, you guys have reignited my need to get a tattoo.

Those look really cool @nightwolf, any idea what kinda design you're going for?

I'm having numbers done. Its been a challenge to find someone to do them that I'll be ok with, but Alice fits the bill. Her work on the second tattoo is very similar to what I plan to have done, but different font and obviously text.

She'll do it as dot work, but it'll be so close together it'll look like its filled in, which is beyond awesome, she's really up for doing it and at £100 I couldn't really say no.

Back of the neck though, so I'll barely be able to see it haha. :laughing:

Ha, my bump accomplished something!

Her line work looks really good, so your tattoo will turn out great.

Tats I have so far...

IMG_0297.jpg

IMG_0298.jpg

IMG_0299.jpg

IMG_0302.jpg

Im gunna get this across my back...

IMG_0291.jpg

Damn you guys for getting me thinking about tattoos again.

At this stage I'm considering one of the following simple designs as a first tattoo:

Gurren Lagann Core Drill on my right wrist:

LC6LZLs.png

The series is very much about believing in yourself and, similar to a drill, continuing forward with each rotation no matter what stands in your way or how remote your chance of progress is. I also hope it will make my punch a thousand times more powerful.

The 7 Dragon Balls:

WIOH8GK.png

The plan would be to eventually collect/have all 7 Dragon Balls in the style above as small tattoos in different places on my body to symbolise the collection element. They're tied into wish granting, so I was thinking of adding a new Dragon Ball every time I feel I've accomplished something significant in my life until I have all seven.

In theory my dreams should have come true by then (immortality, obviously).

I also really like the idea of proposing to friends I will grant them a wish if they ever find/spot all seven Balls - they won't.

Gizmo from Gremlins:

3Bu7LRF.png

Gremlins is undoubtedly my favourite movie and I've always loved this image of Gizmo. It's a very simple reference to the mysterious original movie poster of the Mogwai hidden in the box and was only ever used alongside the logo text on the 80's merchandise. It also appears once in the end credits of the movie!

Gremlins 2 is terrible.

---

I also want to get something from Pokemon and Neon Genesis Evangelion at some point, but I'd like those tattoos to be slightly more elaborate than the above and need more time to consider them.

The Pokemon one would probably be something involving Snorlax (my favourite), or something to symbolise how much the series meant to me several years ago when I was going through some really difficult inner turmoil - nobody in my street had a copy of Blue to trade a Meowth over to my copy of Red.

I also want to see how I feel about the new Evangelion movie series once the final one comes out next year before deciding whether or not the tattoo should reference just the original series/manga or the new remakes as well.

Additionally, the idea of getting the Nintendo seal of quality tattooed on me with an obvious typo is appealing. I once bought Japanese copies of Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire on eBay for my little brother and me for Christmas and they turned out to be bootlegs with "Ninfendo" printed on the carts.

Another eventual idea is to get a set of three blank comic panels inked onto my arm to symbolise how much possibility there is on a blank canvas, and of course my love for comics. I could also invite people I meet to draw a little comic in the panels. I'd then take a picture of their creation before washing it off and host the collection of images on a little blog or image board. I think it would be really unique.

Edited by Guy

You're welcome. And those are all great ideas. Especially Simon's Core Drill.

I finished my back piece yesterday. It was done over two sessions. 7 hours worth of work in total. Im very impressed with it! :D

It is now sore as fuck though. Whilst being tattooed the pain was intense on the top of the back!

fz3s.jpg