N-Europe

Status updates I hate

ReZourceman

" role on sunday when we distroy the nxt bunch of cunts in our way........"

Bahahaha!

" is chillin in the garden with phat doobi catchin sum rayz what could b better ;-)"

I dunno, some general grasp of grammar, spelling and any sign of intelligence?

"wheres my exhaust u fkin useless postman......."

Even if the postman is on FaceBook, I doubt he adds everyone on his route.

" tea, phat spliff n a kip b4 wrk me finks...... :-)"

I doubt that very much.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, the whole "we won the war" thing is fucking stupid. Two people put it as their status' (two people that are 'best friends' and I'm close to deleting anyway) and then I saw that a few people had even joined a Facebook group under the same name!

They're the kind of obsessive freaks that would instantly realise I've deleted them though... but then I found out about the wonder that is the HIDE button! Seriously, how did I not know about this before?!

Another style of status I hate is when someone posts either complaining or really upset about something, then when people ask what happened they either wont say or tell them to ring them. Im nosey dammit! I wanna know what happened as well!

100% agree. So fucking ridiculous.

I don't get annoyed with ReZ's constant Likes for instance...

I can't get my head around why people find it annoying TBH. Not harming anyone.

I think the majority of you are actually guilty of accepting friends requests just to look popular.

I've gotta do something to make myself appear popular. I'd like to hear your suggestions.

The sort of mentioned ' : ( ' status updates also kill me, especially if they just say 'dw' afterwards when someone enquires.

THIS! Good lord see it constantly. Its ridiculous.

Like what the fuck does that even mean?

OI! That ice cream was god damn immense.

Hahaha, that really annoys me more than 95% of statuses I've seen. I'm not just picking on ReZ, because I've seen a ton of other people do it. But, what's the point? It's like voting for yourself, seems lame to me.

I usually do it on my own status' that I agree with. Just re-affirming the point. :p

I personally find the whole "at least we won the war" mentality incredibly disrespectful towards the people who actually fought (and died) in the war. Its not really comparable.

Plus it epitomises the fact we seem to rely on the past "oh we won the war" and "we won in 1966". Yes but today, in the here and now, we're piss poor.

Anyone see the Daily Mail today? (I think its Daily Mail anyway) probably the single most ridiculous front page I've ever seen.

Its something like

"If we defended that badly in the war, we'd be speaking German"

I was just like......"Is this serious?"

If Rez could thank himself here, i'm pretty sure he'd use up his thanks

every.

single.

day.

I'd hope you agree with your facebook status rez, or whats the bloody point in posting it =P

and here's one of my "friends" status updates:

"Things Are Reali Hard At The Minute Not Jokin Went To Da Port AAnd Just Scarped Thru... Harry Tryin His Best He Asks His Family For Some Fincincial Help And Doesnt Get It Because Apparently Der Skint But Da Rest Always Gets... No Money But Hoildays Cumin up ??? Big Tv's Bought And Paid For?

Had To Laugh Reali.. Harry Nva Asked Any O d...em For Anythin And He Always Gets Tramped On.. Ha!!!!"

Jeremy Kyle?

She's one of those that will be all like "nm" if you ask further, and tries to derail the conversation onto how I am or something

Edited by Raining_again

The degrees of inanity created by Facebook and it's encouragement of a kind of social ocd are amazing.

However, it's basically up to you. People complain a lot by saying 'oh all people post is pointless shit and blah blah' - plenty of which is on show above. Thing is, your news feed is yours. It's a reflection of who you choose to associate yourself with and so on. Basically, nothing happens on Facebook without your say so.

Personally, I think my feed is pretty good. I don't tolerate fools often, only subscribe to genuinely interesting feeds and generally restrict access to people I want to hear from. The result is a much more restrained sample of articles, videos, comments and discussions that I genuinely want to see. People who complain about social networks should try putting in more effort to control and define them for their purposes before they write them off.

That's pretty true, and I mist be in included in the people who moan about people they could delete.

However, most of those statuses are actually by family members that have added me...

And for some reason I can't delete them?

Because then I get into this sort of South Park episode scenario.

However they are hidden, I just went on their things to post in here.

Does anyone else hate the suggested friends thing? So far it's suggested some old guys, some 12-year-old girls, one of my old teachers (all with no friends in common with me), my boss' wife (my granddad was the only mutual friend) and someone called Jean Grey.

I think I've seen about one useful suggestion so far.

Does anyone else hate the suggested friends thing? So far it's suggested some old guys, some 12-year-old girls, one of my old teachers (all with no friends in common with me), my boss' wife (my granddad was the only mutual friend) and someone called Jean Grey.

It does make me wonder, something i don't often go and look for friends under.

If i want to find a friend, i type their name into the search box and hope to find the right one.

Jean Grey is one of...

Rezourceman Facebook Collections: The Cat Edition*

*sponsored by comedy rainbow

(here this aint right, i'm giving you material goddamit!)

Typically.

Pfffft.

More like

My chest hair is growing into the shape of the Batmans Begins bat symbol. Yeah you heard. My DNA is fucking awesome. Pictorial proof as soon as I lose a bit of weight.

Undeniably a good, and unique status update. Don't even try and deny it. And regarding my cats accounts ; I cannot be held responsible for their actions.

• 2 weeks later...
Goon A finks raoul moat is a crazy twat....... shootin urself in the face aint normal!!!!

*Facepalm*

What's that I hear you say? Encore? Ok, here are the responses:

Goon B: ayeee ... itz a goodnyt from him fer sure !!

Goon A: no shit.....

Goon B: Was watching it all on sky news. heard him shoot himself bout 1.15am. was nuts. gazza turned up off his nut claiming to be his mate it was mad

Goon A: i went 2 bed at 1 am so mised it :-( i new gazza went there silly fker aint he lol

Goon B: Sure is what got me was the residents sat out side on deckchairs watching lol

5 hours ago · Like

Goon A: u n i would both b do the same fing..... sat with a beer n a j lol

I despair.

I think this site sums up a lot of the shit actually: http://en.likefever.com/

Things to 'like' such as:

Boyfriends who actually treat there girlfriends like princesses :)

i do love you, i don't say it for the fun of it (: <3

a relationship where you can be your absolute self around eachother and not get embarrassed :)

If only you boys see what you make us girls feel like, you would never break another heart.

Positive affirmations and shit like that. Bring on the misanthropy! :p In fact I feel like some of these groups are actually damaging female kind as they just make them out (or at least those who like/join) as being wishy washy and just in need of a nice person who says nice things and does nice things.

And when people use the Katakana ジ or シ in their name because they think its a smiley face and they think its cool. No, its a meaningless sound when randomly added onto your name. It makes you look ignorant and like a fucking moron.

That came up at work today actually (although I was more polite: Girl (looking at someone's facebook): "How do you get that smiley face in your name?" Me: "Its Japanese. It means Ji, its utterly meaningless in this context."

And the random "you make like this" shit. Its getting more ridiculous. "Many who liked Disney also like Skittles." Your point facebook? Fuck off.

Edited by Ashley