PilotWings Resort

Retro_Link

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still no parachute though :(
Skydiving is definitely in though according to the Eurogamer review:

it seems that a squirrel suit is actually a piece of sky-diving equipment. It's an extreme-sports onesie with flaps under the arms and legs to slow your descent as you plummet from the clouds.

So the wingsuit/squirrel suit must also have a parachute, if not that would be cruel. :heh:

Here's the main theme from the game.

Also...

We mentioned this during out live-blog of the Donkey Kong Country Returns panel, but just incase you missed that, we found out the developer behind Pilotwings Resort. Believe it or not, the developer is Monster Games, which is the same company that has worked on titles like Excitebots. Seems like a good fit to me!

If it's half as good as ExiteTruck then we are on to a winner.

This is probably going to be the first game I'll buy for the 3DS. I've wanted a new PW for over 10 years.

What I want from the next game:

AT LEAST four levels.

Return of the attack helicopter, birdman suit and spring boots.

This is probably going to be the first game I'll buy for the 3DS. I've wanted a new PW for over 10 years.

What I want from the next game:

AT LEAST four levels.

Return of the attack helicopter, birdman suit and spring boots.

I guess you're not up to date on this game then... You're going to be disappointed all fronts!

^Were the old games hard at all or easy too?

I always hear about them being like calm, relaxing experiences so I assumed they weren't stressful nightmares where you struggled to finish challenges.

They did offer this calming experience you speak of but at the same time they were quite challenging games. They had a nice balance to them.

The Ngamer review wasn't particularly positive about the game, calling it extremely lazy and lacking any kind of depth.

Also, one comment in the review that stood out was that there was no sign of life on the island itself, apart from a few parked cars. So no people at all, which seems a little disappointing, flying around this deserted island won't be quite as fun as doing it in WSR for that very reason.

was looking well forward to this but cancelled pre-order once I found out about how lacking in content it is. £40 for a game that can be completed in 3 hours is a piss take!

shame it wont drop in price either as it is a nintendo published game.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!