Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Mario Kart 7

Retro_Link

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm also really looking forward to this - I can't wait to see what other customisation options are available in the final game, as well as the gliders. I also echo the thoughts of those who want to be able to turn certain weapons (i.e. the blue shell..) on and off. Can't wait to play against some of you guys when this is released! :D

I can't wait to see what other customisation options are available in the final game
Yeah, really hope the emblem editor is back. Perhaps they could add some 3DS Camera/Sound support too, and I'm assuming Miis will be selectable again. Customisation FTW! :yay:

All they need to include now is that track editor, ey? ;)

There's some great potential for Street/SpotPass on this as well, sending Ghost data is a no-brainer. But even if it was just that, it would be sweet. :smile:

They also need to have all courses available online (unlike MKDS...I played against someone with a hacked game and the ones that weren't usually available mostly played fine), and Battle Mode (with Block Fort - perhaps with on octagonal variant).

And private matches should have lots and lots of options.

The option to save/view/share replays would be really awesome, too.

I have a simple request. They need to ditch some of the characters. I don't like ones created just for Mario Kart for no other reason that they take up a space which could be given to a great return character from Mario's past. Baby Daisy? Toadette? How about we boost the female representation with a lady who isn't a princesses. Namely - Captain Syrup. Come on! She's a total BAMF.

I firmly disagree with anyone who thinks characters should dissapear from any NINTENDO multiplayer game.

They're characters.....,and especially in Mario Kart they don't matter when it comes to your driving skills, so........just throw everyone you can imagine from the Mario universe!!!

Any chance Nintendo will have a 'classic' option without any customised karts?

Maybe I'm boring but I want everyone in standard karts or at least have that as an option.

Meh... it'll still be fun regardless of wacky karts. I hope the online is good. 8 players is good enough for me, 16 is overkill in my opinion.

I'd love for the game to include fully editable replays so you can cut out the sweetest parts of a race and share them with your friends.

Well Nintendo's E3 conference was all about appealing to casual and 'core'. So i would like to think that is they are taking that litrally then i would like to think that games like this will be easy to pick up and play for casual but giving the wealth of extra options that would make certain core happy.

As if they bring up too much custom for things like karts then they might worry it may put casual off...

I firmly disagree with anyone who thinks characters should dissapear from any NINTENDO multiplayer game.

They're characters.....,and especially in Mario Kart they don't matter when it comes to your driving skills, so........just throw everyone you can imagine from the Mario universe!!!

Oh come on that Skeleton Bowser was a fucking joke and a complete waste of a space that could have gone to someone else. Worst Nintendo Character design ever, dunno what they were thinking!

I don't really like the GC or Wii ones either but the SNES and N64 are my favourite :hehe:

I particularly love introduction to Mario Kart 64 with the spinning Nintendo logo and appropriate sound effects leading into the Title Screen.. and then I really like the music as you navigate the menus too :hehe: Awesome game :yay:

Which Mario Kart do you think had the best title screen music?
You missed out GBA:

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Even so, SNES Super Mario Kart is the best by miles! :hehe:

WHat's your favourite overall Mario Kart track?
Not easy, but for me it's this:

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Perfect. :love:

The cover by The One Ups is also amazing:

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Now that is how Mario Kart 3DS should sound. ;)

Edited by RedShell

Which Mario Kart do you think had the best title screen music?

It's a toughie for me. It's probably between the SNES and the DS.

You forget:

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

MK Wii was over the top with characters - I think 16 main characters is enough for MK3DS

Small Koopa Trooper, Toad, Blooper, Prof E Gadd, Diddy Kong

Medium Mario, Luigi, Peach, Daisy, Yoshi

Large Bowser, DK, Wario, Waluigi, Wart

Extra Mii, DLC Special (Koopalings delivered virally by StreetPass).

Whilst on the subject, did anyone like the Special item from Double Dash? I'd love to see that return in 3DS.

Edited by david.dakota
Automerged Doublepost

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!