Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Mario Kart 7

Retro_Link

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone preordered this +/ SM3DL? Im waiting for the best deals, but i might preorder in my local gamestation, because i want to trade in some games at the same time.

I preordered both from Amazon several weeks ago when they were £28.97 each though they have subsequently went up since then :heh:

I transferred my Super Mario 3D Land order over to The Hut this week as they were offering some Mario themed headphones with both it and Mario Kart 7 for £29.95 :smile:

I preordered both from Amazon several weeks ago when they were £28.97 each though they have subsequently went up since then :heh:

I transferred my Super Mario 3D Land order over to The Hut this week as they were offering some Mario themed headphones with both it and Mario Kart 7 for £29.95 :smile:

Those headphones are actually amazing!! :grin:

I've just had a look at the tracks from the first two cups (Retro and New).

One SNES, One GBA, Two N64, Two DS, Zero GameCube and Two Wii.

The lack of GameCube tracks and existence of Wii tracks is hugely disappointing for me. I didn't like any tracks from Wii, and loved most from Double Dash!!

The lack of GameCube tracks and existence of Wii tracks is hugely disappointing for me. I didn't like any tracks from Wii, and loved most from Double Dash!!

My feelings towards the Wii and Cube MK games are the complete opposite of yours. :D

I prefer DD over Wii any day, it received some of the lowest reviews compared to other MK's but IMO it was an absolute blast especially with 4 players, and a lot of the courses were excellent!

Wii was still fun, but the only track I liked was luigi circuit...

Whats the 1st track that you race on in MK?

For me its always been luigi circuit/raceway if not then a similar track eg mario circuit, figure 8 etc.

Good to see that you're still out there:D

I'll always return for a MK release :smile:

Me too I like a lot of the DD tracks, I'd prefer them to GBA any day.

Yeah have to say that's pretty much as expected, though I thought the console might be central.

Still don't see how it's really gonna work... do Nintendo's developers use the 3DS in an entirely different way to the rest of the world, because they seem to have an overconfidence when it comes to gyroscopic controls for 3D games!

The Wii wheel worked because it was fun, where as this just doesn't seem practical!

More info

full_1319552390.jpg

Hori has revealed its Mario Kart 7 steering wheel peripheral, which tilts the entire system in order to control the game.

The steering wheel has been officially licensed by Nintendo, and is currently only set for release in Japan. It's obviously similar to the Wii Wheel peripheral, which came bundled with Mario Kart Wii back in 2008.

The peripheral will be available for 1,280 yen, which is roughly equivalent to $16. It will be released on the same day as Mario Kart 7 in Japan.

Even with 3D turned off you're still going to have to tilt your head with the steering wheel!

If they are incorporating MK Wii tracks into the retro cups, then I'd love to see Maple Treeway and Koopa Cape. :grin:

Maple Treeway with leaves falling in 3D... yes please!! And yeah Koopa Cape FTW!! :D

Have you guys been on a media blackout for this game? Maple Treeway footage starts at 1:36. ;)

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!