NEurope
Retro_Link

Mario Kart 7

Not quite the 12 from the Wii, but it bodes well for our online leagues :)

In fact, 12 did seem a bit too hectic at times.

8 player online racing confirmed at the conference.
Told you, @lostmario. ;) Great news. :)

And check out the new trailer!:

http://mms.businesswire.com/bwapps/mediaserver/ViewMedia?mgid=290752&vid=19&download=1

:bouncy: Awesome!!!!

The gliding and underwater aspects are clearly going to make for some fantastic shortcuts. :grin:

And the music is back to how MK should sound! :yay: Thank God. :hehe:

Edited by RedShell

img_ss05.jpg

img_ss06.jpg

Apparently the Blue Shell weapon is back to it's original N64 design! Also, Lakitu is a playable character.

The Nintendo 3DS StreetPass feature will automatically exchange pre-recorded ghost data for players to race against with other Nintendo 3DS systems nearby. Players will then be able to use the data of the people they meet anonymously via StreetPass to identify those same players online for live multiplayer.

Metal Mario is also a playable character (from that second screen there), not a powerup.

Must say I'm not taken by what I've seen of any of the tracks so far, even in the new trailer. Looks a little sedate really. At least Waluigi's Pinball is back, which I always enjoyed.

OH MY GOD!!! I never thought I'd see the day when the N64 style Blue Shell would make a return! YES!!!

Fuck the winged blue shell! Let the Blue Shell leave no prisoners in it's path of destruction!!!

BTW, did you guys catch the new items? Fire Flower, Raccoon Leaf and the Number "7" (WTF?!)

When I saw this during the conference, I got quite excited as it looks AWESOME :yay:RedShell has just made me even happier by posting that trailer..

I think the tracks look great and the gliding, as well as diving underwater, seems to really add an interesting dynamic to the series :grin:

Mario Kart Wii left me a little disappointed, in some regards, but Mario Kart 7 could have the potential to become one of the best in the series on current evidence :eek:

Mario Kart Wii left me a little disappointed, in some regards, but Mario Kart 7 could have the potential to become one of the best in the series on current evidence :eek:

I hated everything about Mario Kart Wii but fell in love with Mario Kart 7 the moment I played the preview version.

I hated everything about Mario Kart Wii but fell in love with Mario Kart 7 the moment I played the preview version.

..and now you've got me even more excited :heh: That's really good to hear, though..

Man I need to get a PC/laptop soon so I can get my router to allow me to connect my 3DS online... I don't want to be missing out on this!

Here you go everyone

And a Mario Kart 7 Interview - English version

Edited by canand
Automerged Doublepost

Items

Bomb

Fire Flower

Red Shell (x3)

Green Shell (x3)

Mushroom (x3)

Banana (x3)

Blue Shell (Spiked, no wings)

Lightning

Bullet Bill

Blooper

Leaf

Seven

no Star ? and whats Seven all about ?

Edited by yesteryeargames

Really like that you can register people you Street Pass with on your friends list so you can race them online. Will add a little more variety to the game, and could be funny if you run into them in real life after destroying them over Wifi.

Really like that you can register people you Street Pass with on your friends list so you can race them online. Will add a little more variety to the game, and could be funny if you run into them in real life after destroying them over Wifi.

Yeah that is good

LAKITU!!!!!!!

METAL MARIO!!!!!!!!!!!!

BLUE SHELL SPIKED NO WINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WALUIGI PINBALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best Mario Kart ever. 100%.

If Lakitu's racing then who's gonna start the races? Who's gonna tell us what lap we are on? Mario Karts gonna fall apart!

This game's getting better and better, the more I hear about it. There's just one thing that I really hope they include, and that's the ability to turn individual weapons on and off, like you can with items in Smash Bros. I'm really pleased that the blue shell has potentially been nerfed, but I'd still like to be able to turn it off sometimes.