NEurope
Retro_Link

Mario Kart 7

Got past the first round, . . .

Then, in the quarter-finals, a Blue Shell took my right to second place overall which would have allowed me to continue :(

Oh well, no shame in goin' out to a Spiny.

Sounds like it was a good day out anyway, getting to check out the Wii U and everything. icon14.gif

Looking forward to racing with you guys again:D
:hug:

Well, at least you made it to the quarters. I'd feel pretty bad having gone out via a spiny shell.

OH, also played ZombiU a little too.

What did you make of your little time with the game.

What did you make of your little time with the game.

Well, first I watched a friend o' mine play it and after that I got the chance to walk around a little before I died because I jumped in what I thought was deep water:laughing:

Don't really know what to make of it. It looked alright, but aiming with those analogue sticks just had me longing for my trusted Wii-mote and nunchuck combo.

I can see potential in the game though, as the zombies are quit persistent and strong. It's just that,. . . they're zombies:hmm:

As some of you Letter Box users may be aware, I've been playing this a decent amount over the last few weeks in an attempt to 3-Star the remaining cups in 150cc and Mirror Mode. I'm glad to say that I did so at the weekend but I'm even more delighted to mention just how much fun I have had with Mario Kart 7.. and hardly any of the 40+ hours has been from online play :hehe:

I didn't think I was particularly bothered about getting the 3-Star rating but the more I chipped away at it, the more I knew I wanted it and the more incentive I had to continue playing the game in single player, despite plenty of moments of blue shell frustration :indeed:

With that taken care of, I may end up online occasionally now in an attempt to prolong the life of the game as it's nice to have an excuse to play it more! I also haven't seen tracks like Melody Motorway and Alpine Pass for months considering the fact that I've been repeating the same few cups over and over again :heh:

As far as Mario Kart games go, this is definitely one of the best :grin: It's certainly better than Mario Kart Wii but perhaps doesn't quite live up to the classics on SNES and N64..