NEurope
Retro_Link

Mario Kart 7

Snaking wasn't some illegitimate tactic, it's simply exploiting the mechanics of the game.

Fixed. ;)

Anyhoo, I agree that the later MK's have been more about luck than anything else (curse you, unbalanced items and that... damn... blue... shell...). Still, asking for snaking to return is a tad too far from my taste. It's like saying that spawnkillers are OK, because they simply can do what they do. As you say, a snaker will never win from a not-snaker, which for me is an argument to get rid of it once and for all. It's not meant to be used like that, so they removed it altogether, and I'm happy for it. Sure, it requires skill, but but it's exploiting rather than mastering the game.

I have high hopes for this one, as MK DS is my favourite entry in the series.

Going from the 3D trailer the 3D in this is barely noticable at all! Hope they manage to improve this.

On The infamous Bluey - Jeesh just keep it in. How it was used in MK64 was perfect and I do not see why it changed from this way. It would've actually given the New Player (or any player for that matter/the user of the item) more of a chance to win or catch up and get back into the race.

Items - Guys this is what makes 'Mario Kart' what it is. That's like saying in a fighting game please grant us with our wish to take out combos and only use basic upper/lower strike attacks. Or in a FPS to disable the use of grenades, it's a feckin' war so let's just bleeding well go out with all we've got. In a real war you'd use everything, radars etc. Mario Kart isn't a real racer. The option to disable them (like in SSB.) would be cool but I'd hardly play that way!!

Glider - To float down makes gameplay fun (I'm suggesting), because I'm guessing everyone'll be using motion to control their karts whilst in the air to see who is more skilled to win a better landing to either catch up or get a little further ahead. Some may land awfully terrible off-road lol. Just how it seems to be, look great! :yay:

DASHING/SNAKING - It is my belief that this was removed so that Mario Kart would be more accessible the the New Player. This belief of mine can not be changed, it's impossible for this to happen.

It made the game more fun. More intense. More thrilling. Like, just for a random example, it's like going in a sprinting challenge and then Slower Ones begin campaigning begging for sprinting to be changed to jogging. The sprinters would find it so lame. This doesn't fully explain the point that I'm trying to make.

Also, this doesn't mean I dont like driving games, as you still would be weaving through traffic and executing suicidal drifts at tricky turns etc etc, I just think driving games are being developed by shyte developers.

I fully agree with that bike example, in MKWii you'd do wheelie anytime possible to speed up. I am happy bikes are gone though and I'm also a bit disappointed about customising the Karts. Now we'll be forced to use the most advantageous Kart. :P Either way, should still be fun though. : peace: And I do love customisation. :bowdown:

Battles - I love Fort Block!! :D My personal fav'. As long as Balloon Battles with this stage is there then I'm all good. Also, Star Thief in Double Dash was quite fun, wern't it guys??? :laughing:

More on Items lol - Leave Blooper, POW, Lightning in there. I love going "ARGH WHAT THE HELL?!?!" :bouncy: again, this is what MK is about fellas!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not too fussed about the Feather, hell, its more than welcome, but bring back the Ghost. I just love pinching somebody's luck ^__^

Characters - Bring as much suitable characters from this universe as possible. Options are awesome! Bit of a confession, I'm a bit addicted to Miis. :geek:

Hell no do not bring Samus, Captain Falcon or any other characters from other franchises up in this joint, save that for Smash Bruvaz :wink:

Graphics - What's his face posted something about this although I agree with him I would still put up a weak argument and say it's on a handheld so you can't really expect too much. I'll look forward to this for the MK on Wii U (no, not real life-like graphics or different art style, just nicer visuals :nono:).

I shall climb up and set camp up at the watchtower to see if this game seduces my wallet

Edited by Beverage

I always found the ones that were against snaking as if it was the black guy at a Ku Klux Klan convention were only really mad at it because for some reason they couldn't do it.

When me and my mates first played MKDS when it came out, we never did it cause we didn't know it existed. When we started hearing talks about it, we tried it and it just became natural. We all raced like that in the end and it was still ridiculously fun.

But hey, haters gonna hate.

I must admit that anytime that I boot up Double Dash again it does feel slightly weird because you can't do that little hop - which I love! You're just glued to the ground power sliding away like a luny :love:

Debug Mode, do you think that it'd be possible to do like the hop into the snake? It basically was like that in MK64 and even in MKWii (hop to power slide round bends). I think it'd work and feel super comfy if done correctly. Not that we'll ever see it again, .... unless there'd be Snaking Mode? :laughing: Or perhaps the ability to enable/disable it at will in splitscreen or in private games online? I dunno I'm just throwing guesses around..

Oh a character that I'd love to see playable in his very own kart'd be ShyGuy :hug:

ShyGuy is an obvious choice for Mariokart and they totally snubbed him :(

I'd still like to see way more characters than in any other iteration of the series.

It's not as if their animation is anything difficult to 'custom-make' for everyone; it might not even have to be custom made for everyone. So, I'd like to see 3D models of characters from the Mario RPGs AND tracks inspired by areas from these great games!

Edited by Fused King

I was just wondering how the coins work, for I've never actually played Super Mario Kart on the SNES.....:heh:

The more you collect, the faster you'll become, but I assume there's a limit to it, otherwise the one who gets away from the 'pact' gets to harvest a lot of coins and gain incredible speed without any hinder other than maybe a blue shell.

and do coins usually respawn, or is there a fixed amount of them on every stage?

Name Change

http://www.n-europe.com/news.php?nid=15978

Also out in time for the seasonal period is the multiplayer classic Mario Kart, due for release in December. For the first time ever gamers can take to the skies and underwater and customise their kart to meet their needs. The game has now been given the official title Mario Kart 7, which may not be as exciting as Double Dash but it gets the point across. Expect hands on impressions of this soon!

Because it's the 7th one

1. Super Mario Kart

2. Mario Kart 64

3. Mario Kart Super Circuit

4. Mario Kart Double Dash

5. Mario Kart DS

6. Mario Kart Wii

7. Mario Kart 7

I believe for something to be a "trend" it needs to happen more than once.

Why Mario Kart 7...?

Sounded better than "Mario Sub-Glider-Kart 3D". ;)

As the name seems officially confirmed, I'm surprised they're going to a simple numeral. Mario Kart 3D sounded like the obvious choice. Maybe it's part of their effort to start marketing the 3DS and it's games as a new console instead of giving the impression it's a 3D-DS. :heh:

Seriously!?

Facepalm !

Seriously. It's a break in tradition, considering the majority of them have been named after the console they've appeared on, it just seems odd to suddenly give it a numerical name. I wondered if I'd missed some new gameplay feature that revolves around the number 7.

'Mario Kart 3DS' looks very similar to 'Mario Kart DS' , so the casual player may think it's the same game but with added 3D effects and decide not to buy, if they used the obvious title.

I like the title, as it sounds hardcore, but I'd prefer a subtitle like the Gamecube and GBA versions had.

Mario Kart 7 makes it sounds like a souless series of repetitive games. Like Mario Party.

Seriously. It's a break in tradition, considering the majority of them have been named after the console they've appeared on, it just seems odd to suddenly give it a numerical name. I wondered if I'd missed some new gameplay feature that revolves around the number 7.

slot777.jpg

Well you do pick up coins as you go.