N-Europe

Donkey Kong Country Returns

Retro_Link

• Replies 874
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looked great and seemed to retain the DKC spirit, but at the same time it seems very new skool and unfaithful to the DKC trilogy.

it will probably be like new super mario bros is to super mario world.

but hey as long as it retains, it's sharp difficulty and platforming greatness ill be happy.. and thank god for no dixie.

It looked great and seemed to retain the DKC spirit, but at the same time it seems very new skool and unfaithful to the DKC trilogy.

That's what they said about Metroid Prime, but then you played it and . . . oh. I see your point. :D

That's what they said about Metroid Prime, but then you played it and . . . oh. I see your point. :D

Exactly. :heh:

I don't think there was any kremlings or anything was there? Hmm. Atleast there was barrel blasting and that Paper Mario idea of going from the foreground to background will be nifty.

Exactly. :heh:

I don't think there was any kremlings or anything was there? Hmm. Atleast there was barrel blasting and that Paper Mario idea of going from the foreground to background will be nifty.

The barrel blasting looked good and there was a shedload of stuff happening in the background all the time. No swimming though (yay!).

This is the last thing I expected from Retro (or rather, it would have been if we hadn't had the rumour a few days ago) but I'm super excited about it. I never gave the other DKC much of a chance, but I loved Jungle Beat. I'm so glad that this and Kirby are still showing there's still life in the 2D platformer. Both of them make NSMBW look very outdated..

That was what I wanted on the wii

Fair enough... I suppose...

If you... y'know... like that sort of thing...

But I think it's unaminous that Donley Kong County > DK64.

This new installment in the series is what the majority of fans - including myself - have been hoping and praying for a long time.