NEurope
Retro_Link

Donkey Kong Country Returns

It would ruin the guys credibility and paint him in a negative light. Would nintendo do that these days? Probably not.

Why create the tikis too? It's not like he could control them.

Moreover, it's waluigis time to shine...

GameXplain have a good DKCR Podcast, they really do praise the game!

Edited by Kav

Having technical problems? :p

I'm posting from my iPhone and it never posts how I want it to! Is is not linking at least? It's working for me...

I'm posting from my iPhone and it never posts how I want it to! Is is not linking at least? It's working for me...

It works fine don't worry - I just saw your original attempt that's all ;)

It was a good listen and they do seem to love it. I don't recall them talking about the music though once in the 30 mins it was on for. Would have loved to know more about that. Those video previews posted above have remixed versions of the old songs and I wonder if there are any original tracks in the game.

It would ruin the guys credibility and paint him in a negative light. Would nintendo do that these days? Probably not.

Why create the tikis too? It's not like he could control them.

Moreover, it's waluigis time to shine...

weegee.jpg

I haven't really cared about Wii stuff at all...

How dare you :mad:

I want this game.

Your first step to redemption :eek:

I'm a bit annoyed by them adding the jet pack, it removes the timing needed to jump over something and jumping from platform to platform, something that actually seems to be important in at least the first came, which I am currently playing for the first time. It removes some of the difficulty (together with both monkeys having two "lifes") which one can then hope they have put into each level instead.

It does seem like a fun game, though, and definately one to buy at release. I might even pay £5 extra for it and buy it in a store in Denmark instead of over the internet, so I have it on the day of release!

I'm a bit annoyed by them adding the jet pack, it removes the timing needed to jump over something and jumping from platform to platform, something that actually seems to be important in at least the first came, which I am currently playing for the first time. It removes some of the difficulty (together with both monkeys having two "lifes") which one can then hope they have put into each level instead.

It does seem like a fun game, though, and definately one to buy at release. I might even pay £5 extra for it and buy it in a store in Denmark instead of over the internet, so I have it on the day of release!

Not to burst your bubble, but DKC 2 and 3 had something similar to the Jetpack, and it was extra-character-dependant, like Diddy in this game.

Considering the guys at Retro played the previous trilogy, I trust they'll implement it just as well.

Also, I'm so hyped for this game, it's not even funny. And also Epic Yarn, Dark Dawn and Sonic Colours. Man, it's like being young again!

How dare you :mad:

Your first step to redemption :eek:

Haha

Trust me, I was out there launch day for the Wii, was 9th in line out of 14.

The system just has disappointed me time and time again.... which is why I'm so surprised that DKCReturns interests me so much.

Then again, I've been on a SNES spree. I'm playing through Super Metroid for the first time right now hahahaha.

This probably looks like the best "2D" game on the Wii, because it has great graphics and the gameplay doesn't seem at all gimmicky.

This probably looks like the best "2D" game on the Wii, because it has great graphics and the gameplay doesn't seem at all gimmicky.

Well Muramasa is 2D, looks beyond stunning and doesn't have gimmicky gameplay either so if this does live up to it's promise, it will have company from at least one game.

(I know stuff like Smash and TvC is also 2D but I didn't think you were talking about fighting games)

New Super Mario Bros. Wii, Wario Land: the Shake Dimension and, perhaps to a lesser extent, Klonoa: Door to Phantomile are all great 2D games too in addition to Muramasa: The Demon Blade and hopefully this and Kirby's Epic Yarn :hehe:

The Wii has it all covered.. especially considering the Virtual Console and Wii Ware have some fantastic 2D games aswell :heh:

Site is now online.

With Diddy Kong™ by his side, help them barrel-blast, rail-ride, and ground-pound through over 70 gorgeous levels on Donkey Kong Island. Grab a friend or family member to enjoy two-player cooperative play. With secrets galore and intuitive controls that anyone can get into, it’s going to be bananas!

The tsunami level looks amazing. :)

IGN Preview

Gamespot Preview

1UP Preview

NWR Preview

Kotaku Preview

Edited by Dante
Automerged Doublepost

New Super Mario Bros. Wii, Wario Land: the Shake Dimension and, perhaps to a lesser extent, Klonoa: Door to Phantomile are all great 2D games too in addition to Muramasa: The Demon Blade and hopefully this and Kirby's Epic Yarn :hehe:

The Wii has it all covered.. especially considering the Virtual Console and Wii Ware have some fantastic 2D games aswell :heh:

You forgot A Boy and his Blob & A Shadow's Tale!

I am looking forward to this christmas so much, probably as much as I have since 1998 (ocarina of time). DKC Returns, Goldeneye, Epic Mickey, Black Ops, Sonic Colours....It's a very good time to be a Wii owner!

Woah,

Game Informer scores:

Donkey Kong Country Returns – 9.5 (Game of the Month)

Kirby’s Epic Yarn – 9.5

GoldenEye 007 – 6.5

Despite that being a great score, I refuse to acknowledge Game Informers reviews after that Goldeneye score (not that I ever read there website/reviews beforehand anyway)!

Donkey kong and kirby 9.5?!? Oh lord, wish I'd didn't ask for this for xmas now so I could buy it at launch!!!

GOTM in the hardest month of the year. PS360 reviews for comparison:

Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood (PS3/XBOX360) – 9.25

Call of Duty: Black Ops (PS3/XBOX360) – 9.0

Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit (PS3/XBOX360) – 8.75

DKCR = 9.5 + Game of the Month:

Concept - Retro Studios revives the Donkey Kong Country series and makes it better than ever

Graphics - Gorgeous characters and stages from beginning to end, with some awesome silhouetted areas sprinkled throughout

Sound - Familiar tunes are updated, and the new tracks fit perfectly

Playability - Shaking the Wii remote to roll can be frustrating, but it's a rare blemish in a near-perfect experience

Entertainment - One of the best platformers ever made, and it certainly resides amongst the Wii's top titles

Replay Value - Moderately High

"Makes it better than ever"

No.

WHAT?! WHY DO THEY DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shaking the Wii remote to roll

FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

I HATE STUPID ADDED IN MOTION CONTROLS. ffsSSSSs.

"Makes it better than ever"

No.

Nothing like saving judgement until you've actually played it, eh? :laughing: