Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

3DS Console Discussion

Dante

From NeoGAF:

So I called Tesco.

They confirmed that we definitely will not receive the 3DS tomorrow as the tracking number isn't available yet. It should be available tomorrow, when the items are actually despatched. So if anyone is hanging around tomorrow, it'll be Friday when it arrives.

:( Shame. But at least I know not to get my hopes up tomorrow.

got my 3ds this afternoon :D no games yet but ive been having so much fun with the built in stuff. amazing peice of kit. Ashley did you register your console to the vip site to get the free t shirt? i just did it and i got the 750 points however there were no forms after saying i got the t shirts or when to put my address ?

Edited by yesteryeargames

Just saw some report at NeoGAF where Hideki Kanno was saying Nintendo wont make games that "require" 3D to play so they're not alienating people who cant see it.

It sucks though, they shouldnt shy away from gameplay concepts because some people cant play them. People with only one hand cant play much. People with severe colour vision defects would have difficulty with a lot of colour puzzles in games, etc.

I was kind of hoping Nintendo would find ways to make the 3D really matter, like make game design around having depth, but if they're taking this stance then I doubt it'll happen, it'll just be a visual gimmick all along.

got my 3ds this afternoon :D no games yet but ive been having so much fun with the built in stuff. amazing peice of kit. Ashley did you register your console to the vip site to get the free t shirt? i just did it and i got the 750 points however there were no forms after saying i got the t shirts or when to put my address ?

I hear it only accepts it post midnight...or so Dyson tells me.

Just saw some report at NeoGAF where Hideki Kanno was saying Nintendo wont make games that "require" 3D to play so they're not alienating people who cant see it.

It sucks though, they shouldnt shy away from gameplay concepts because some people cant play them. People with only one hand cant play much. People with severe colour vision defects would have difficulty with a lot of colour puzzles in games, etc.

I was kind of hoping Nintendo would find ways to make the 3D really matter, like make game design around having depth, but if they're taking this stance then I doubt it'll happen, it'll just be a visual gimmick all along.

Or arguably, on the flip side, they are making developers implement the 3D but not rely on it to sell the game.

I have just had it on - and done the system set up - time date etc.

This was my first experience with the 3ds - I had previously not seen one in action.

All I can say about the 3d is oh my god.

Incredible. The main menu was just amazing in 3d.

Need to sort a mii out once i've done something with my hair coz bed headed mii is not the way forward... :hmm: lol.

I hope everyone else who pre-ordered gets there's today.

And yeah my mum hiding it was kinda funny. Not at the time though.

Sorted that out with a quick backhand. Wont happen again. :grin: Joke lol.

I hate to throw a negative in here but to anyone who get a 3DS early, please let us know if there are any dead pixels on either of the screens, I remember this being a problem with every iteration of the DS thus far and am just hoping that I can go to pick my 3DS up from Game tomorrow without fear of there being one of these eyesores in the middle of the screen. Thanks... :)

Personally I think it looks like they've improved the quality of the screens but I'm just kind of expecting the worst... :p I've yet to make it out of the door first-time with a DS console that I've paid for that doesn't have a dead pixel issue, this is why every time I've bought one there, I haven't left the store without checking the system over and I would advise anyone else buying in-store to do the same.

Just a precaution but I thought I'd put it out there just in case. : peace:

I hate to throw a negative in here but to anyone who get a 3DS early, please let us know if there are any dead pixels on either of the screens, I remember this being a problem with every iteration of the DS thus far and am just hoping that I can go to pick my 3DS up from Game tomorrow without fear of there being one of these eyesores in the middle of the screen. Thanks... :)

Personally I think it looks like they've improved the quality of the screens but I'm just kind of expecting the worst... :p I've yet to make it out of the door first-time with a DS console that I've paid for that doesn't have a dead pixel issue, this is why every time I've bought one there, I haven't left the store without checking the system over and I would advise anyone else buying in-store to do the same.

Just a precaution but I thought I'd put it out there just in case. : peace:

On this subject, what's the protocol for this. Do you simply open the box while their tilling everything up and boot up the console? Do you ask to check it?

My DSs were imported (US Phat and Japanese Ice Blue DS lite) and second hand UK ones with no know problems so it's not something I've had to check when buying a handheld.

Anyway, for those that have their consoles today, have fun. My money finally found its way into my bank account this morning so I'll be picking mine up tomorrow morning at 8am. Sucks I have to leave for Uni at 10 though.

It had better be the 3DS and not just a game!

Dunno where the neighbour is, I saw him 30mins ago before I went out, and both his cars are there, he's always around!

Smash his windows, it's for a good cause :heh:

Find him, he's stealing your 3DS!! (hopefully it's 3DS)

I love you shopto

I've had a quick go of Ridge Racer and oh my is it good, its glorious and Pilotwings is great aswell and I'm convinced 3D can do alot for gameplay aswell as visually. The depth in that game makes judging distances to targets and landing pads so much better. I havent had any issues with the sweet spot either.

imgp1387.jpg

imgp1386k.jpg

I'm so suprised at how small this thing is I dont see anyway they can make it smaller I think we'll get an XL version in the future and not a Lite version. I'll put up more pics tomorow when my internet is back but first impressions are orgasmic.

Edited by bryanee