NEurope
Dante

3DS Console Discussion

Hi guys, i am thinking of buying the 3DS but i have been seeing reports of an updated 3DS with the shoulder buttons (or something like that) should i buy the 3DS know (seeing as it is affordable these days) or wait for the updated 3DS later in the year or whenever it launches?

I don't have a 3DS and despite really wanting one, I'm going to wait until E3 just in case. I think that a redesign wouldn't get any smaller but would put the second analogue stick on, especially as the 3rd parties seem to like it.

I don't have a 3DS and despite really wanting one, I'm going to wait until E3 just in case. I think that a redesign wouldn't get any smaller but would put the second analogue stick on, especially as the 3rd parties seem to like it.
But then wouldn't they have to bring out a second 'Circle Pad Pro'... except without the circle pad and just some shoulder buttons?... A Shoulder Button Pro?

But then wouldn't they have to bring out a second 'Circle Pad Pro'... except without the circle pad and just some shoulder buttons?... A Shoulder Button Pro?

You're mocking me aren't you... :red:

Dear god... don't give them anymore ideas! We all know Nintendo loves a good ol' plastic add-on and it honestly wouldn't surprise me if that did a Shoulder Button Pro.

Hope they get through the difficult climate. Everyone, please buy Sega titles to save them.

On that note, i recently made a purchase of Metal Gear Solid 3DS. Only played 1/2 hour so far, and it is living upto expectations. The 3D environments, the detail on Snake everything. I've only just worked out how to select a weapon, but hey. Thats 1/2 the fun really. I'm considering once i've completed this in getting the HD releases of MGS on the 360.

The 3DS suits MGS i think personally.

3DS Game Card Sizes

http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=174709

I don't get this.

512MB Card

One Piece: Unlimited Cruise SP Episode 1 (Bandai Namco)

2GB Card

One Piece: Unlimited Cruise SP (Bandai Namco)

There's only one One Piece game for the 3DS and it's One Piece: Unlimited Cruise SP yet namco cut the game in half. so which one is correct; the 2GB Card or the 512MB Card? either way those lazy assess couldn't be bothered to deliver what they originally stated and blamed it on translations instead.

Kid Icarus: Uprising (Nintendo)

Monster Hunter Tri G (Capcom)

Pretty impressed with Uprising, jam-packed with content all in a 2GB card.

4GB Card

Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance (Square Enix)

Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D (Konami)

New Love Plus (Konami)

Resident Evil Revelations (Capcom)

Pretty impressed with Uprising, jam-packed with content all in a 2GB card.
That's the first thing that came to my mind when I saw that list. Must be some awesome compression at work there. icon14.gif

I love cartridges, how the capacity can get bigger and bigger, potentially allowing better games as time goes on.

3DS Game Card Sizes

http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=174709

I don't get this.

512MB Card

One Piece: Unlimited Cruise SP Episode 1 (Bandai Namco)

2GB Card

One Piece: Unlimited Cruise SP (Bandai Namco)

There's only one One Piece game for the 3DS and it's One Piece: Unlimited Cruise SP yet namco cut the game in half. so which one is correct; the 2GB Card or the 512MB Card? either way those lazy assess couldn't be bothered to deliver what they originally stated and blamed it on translations instead.

Not sure why there's two sizes but I'm guessing the 512MB is the European version, and the 2GB the Japanese.

If the European version is 1/4 of the Japanese version I don't understand why they couldn't fit it on. My theory is it's the FMV cut scenes, it looks to me like they took the Wii version and downscaled it with the subtitles hardcoded in if you like, because the text is tiny so they have to include each one individually? No idea if that's true mind but I don't see how the translation files take up that much space.

Either that or Bandai Namco didn't want to pay for the bigger carts? They blamed Nintendo for this as well.

Part 2 has been rated so at least we are getting the second part even though we have to play more for it.

Perhaps your right about downscaling, the subs are really small and a bit rigid, but bundling Ace with half the game doesn't cover their mess.

on another point, does anyone have PES 2012 3DS? I want a football game on my 3DS but the price was ridiculously high before (£30) but I found it for £15 at a local Game store, does anyone have it, if so how would they rate the gameplay and more importantly the online multiplayer.

Also is it true that the GAME Group has saved by OpCapita? or is it just a cruel April fools?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/retailandconsumer/leisure/9178309/Game-Groups-UK-shops-rescued-by-OpCapita-deal.html

Perhaps your right about downscaling, the subs are really small and a bit rigid, but bundling Ace with half the game doesn't cover their mess.

on another point, does anyone have PES 2012 3DS? I want a football game on my 3DS but the price was ridiculously high before (£30) but I found it for £15 at a local Game store, does anyone have it, if so how would they rate the gameplay and more importantly the online multiplayer.

Also is it true that the GAME Group has saved by OpCapita? or is it just a cruel April fools?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/retailandconsumer/leisure/9178309/Game-Groups-UK-shops-rescued-by-OpCapita-deal.html

I wanna get PES 2012 if I can find it for £20 or less.

Shocking that there is no reviews for this. It was totally ignored!

EDIT: Just found this review

http://worthplaying.com/article/2012/3/13/reviews/85451/

Edited by khilafah

Nintendo Video has been very good recently. The Kid Icarus CGI animation was self-aware and exciting, whereas the anime version has even more artistic flair.

Shaun the Sheep, on the other hand, has been downright hilarious. I thought it was just going to be for children, but it's not - it's as funny as Wallace & Gromit. The latest episode "The Art Class" is sheer Aardman genius.

He's the guy from the sitcom Community. Bigger in the US than in the UK of course.

I thought that was quite enjoyable.

What did I just watch?

That was pretty damn entertaining. :laughing:

Particularly from 2:11 onward. ;)

Hey where's Grazza at!? :heh:

I consider it every 3DS owner's duty to inform us all when there are bikini babes available.
Hey, @Grazza! Bikini babes! :D

What did I just watch?

:blank:

...and John McHale is.

I was thinking the same.

Though while watching it I did realise a better person to do this would have been Neil Patrick Harris in his Barney character from HIMYM, now that would be an awesome ad. :D

Though while watching it I did realise a better person to do this would have been Neil Patrick Harris in his Barney character from HIMYM, now that would be an awesome ad. :D

That would have been genius.

That was pretty damn entertaining. :laughing:

Particularly from 2:11 onward. ;)

Hey where's Grazza at!? :heh:

Hey, @Grazza! Bikini babes! :D

WTF? I would never have guessed that from the opening image! (Gets headphones and prepares to watch...)

Tetsuya Nomura Hints at More World Ends With You

Speaking about the character cameo appearances in KH3D, Nomura noted that the Raimu/Rhyme character did not have any lines for her appearance in The World Ends With You. She only had reaction voices. For KH3D, they decided to do voice casting for this character "out of consideration of the future of The World Ends With You series."

This segment of the interview ended with an even stronger hint that a sequel could be on the way. Said Nomura, "Regarding The World Ends With You, I can't say anything at present... (laughs). But there probably is something."

http://andriasang.com/con0r9/subarashiki_sequel_hints/

Well, guess this means I'll have to finish the original then.

I can see it coming to the WiiU because of the two screens.

Nintendo are adding folders to the 3DS menu system so you can group shit together, atlast.