NEurope
Dante

3DS Console Discussion

Does anyone have any problems playing online with the 3DS?

The last few nights I keep getting disconnected from the network whilst I'm playing. :(

I wouldn't mind but my Wii connection is always stable and I play that much farther from the router.

It may be my router, but i'm experiencing disconnection issues and/or loss of signal in areas of my house where you'd expect full coverage as well. Heck, just to download or play online i gotta be on the landing at least.

Oh yeah, what I consider my "permanent" games collection is tiny: Wind Waker and Dragon Quest VIII because they're awesome, Metroid Fusion and Metroid: Zero Mission because they're also awesome, Twilight Princess on GameCube because it might be difficult to get hold of the GC version again... and that's about it. Everything else leaves once I've played it!

Wow, that's amazing, I'm trying the same thing only not with as good a result, yet.

Indeed. Sometimes I forget how much I enjoy just reading a book. Focus, focus, focus on one thing at a time, that's the key.

Yes, that's the key. I just did that with Resident Evil Revelations and managed to complete it without playing any other games during that. It felt good!

I consider it every 3DS owner's duty to inform us all when there are bikini babes available. I mean, bikini babes... in 3D!!!

Hehe, yeah, man, I agree. :)

Does anyone have any problems playing online with the 3DS?

The last few nights I keep getting disconnected from the network whilst I'm playing. :(

I wouldn't mind but my Wii connection is always stable and I play that much farther from the router.

I've been experiencing connection issues during MK7 online races today. Three times all in all the connection was lost, I believe. It didn't happen before Christmas (which was the last time I played the game) so perhaps it's an indication that there's a lack of servers now?

I also cannot find anyone online from this community. I've been trying a numerous times today to access the N-E community - no one there, although it does say that Darren, ThomsonV7 and Kav are online. Hmm, strange.

Played on the PS Vita today and it's made me reflect on how well-designed the 3DS really is.

For a start, the Slide Pad is an excellent piece of design, much better than the tiny analogue sticks of the Vita. A redesigned 3DS or one equipped with the Circle Pad Pro will surely have the best controls of any handheld.

Also, the graphics... Well, as far as I'm concerned, this is Nintendo genius in action. They pitched the graphics/power at just the right level (the first time they've achieved this since the GameCube, in my opinion). Every time I play the 3DS, I still think the graphics and display are good. Playing the Vita did not make me think the 3DS was outdated at all.

So, I am in no way saying the Vita is bad. It's just that it's made me appreciate how cleverly-designed the 3DS has been all along.

pretty interesting points Gra, I for one may get a chance to play this soon as my friend is looking to purchase a vita.

on another note, I found this on Nintendolife. it's about WayForward's future concerning the eShop, and IMO an absolutely great bit news coming from John Beck (CEO)

Quote:

"The eShop will be a major part of our strategy for handheld games going forward."

I like. :D

Here's the link:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2012/02/wayforward_eshop_a_major_part_of_our_plan

I find myself spending way more time on the 3DS than I ever imagined to be honest. Even if I cannot add and watch full movie files, or use Skype, and even if it doesn't yet have a huge game library (exclusively made for the 3DS) to choose from, this little feller still somehow almost keeps me away from using other gaming handhelds these days. It really is a fantastic little bugger when you think about it eh. :hehe:

on another note, I found this on Nintendolife. it's about WayForward's future concerning the eShop, and IMO an absolutely great bit news coming from John Beck (CEO)

Quote:

"The eShop will be a major part of our strategy for handheld games going forward."

So we can expect Silent Hill: Book of Memories on the eshop this year? If only! :hmm:

Book of memories is a Vita exclusive, who knows if it will ever see another platform.

I wouldn't count on it, amigo. 2D to 3D conversions never turn out well. :blank:

I went to see it and I think they did as good a job as they could have with the 3D, I thought. I've seen much shoddier conversions! I kept lowering the 3D specs and you could see that alot of the time the characters weren't blurry, just the backgrounds. So, they pretty much left them on the "normal plain" and worked with other aspects of the scenes, adding depth more than anything. Even the CGI only scenes weren't jutting out of the screen - it would probably have been too jarring going between that and the "live action". It was subtle but it worked ok - or maybe they are holding back for another 3D remaster further down the line. :laughing:

Alternate colours for the 3DS competition.

tumblr_lzk6d65dzW1qzp9weo1_1280.jpg

That Luigi 3DS is sweet!

This is Fan-art, but it's still nice to look at...except that toad version.

Edited by -Dem0-

Alternate colours for the 3DS competition.

That Luigi 3DS is sweet!

This is Fan-art, but it's still nice to look at...except that toad version.

I actually quite like the (actual) Toad design having seen photos of it, but I went for the Mario one.

haha, same! I was tied between the two but I thought having the mario 3DS(considering I even win the comp :p) would feel a bit more special.

Any predictions? What would you like to see?

I'd like to know what games we can expect to see on our 3DS' from April till the Summer. A jam packed version of Mario Tennis 3D should be there along with either Animal Crossing or Luigi's Mansion 2.

PAL release dates for Rhythm Thief and Final Fantasy Rhythm Theatre would be nice too, along with some new games and apps for the e-shop shown.

Any predictions? What would you like to see?

Assuming it's not going to be my dream trio of Wind Waker: Gaiden, Metroid Dread and Dragon Quest XI (which quite honestly would get me over-excited), I'd like to see some videos. Not streaming videos, but ones you can save onto your 3DS and watch as many times as you like, for these games:

Heroes of Ruin

Code of Princess (and a European release, of course)

Kid Icarus*

Paper Mario*

Animal Crossing*

Luigi's Mansion 2*

* (new ones)

So, basically just more info about the games we know are on their way. It'd also be nice to see that 2D Mario game, leaving something a bit more exciting for GDC next month.

NO! We need 3DS XL, it can't and shouldn't get and smaller!

Actually, you're probably right with that. It would need to get bigger if it's going to incorporate the circle pad pro buttons etc

Actually, you're probably right with that. It would need to get bigger if it's going to incorporate the circle pad pro buttons etc

Not to mention the current form factor is hand cramp-inducing, when playing a game like Mario Kart, that requires constantly pushing and holding the shoulder buttons.

I hadn't made the connection, but considering the date, it probably is something to make people want a 3DS instead of a Vita. As Japan is getting the announcement too, we can rule out it being about localisation. So yeah, could well be the "3DS Duo".

Iwata: Thank you for buying 5 million 3DS's. Now I will reveal the new 3DS model.

Reggie: *laughs*

Iwata: *laughs*

NoE Sub: *laughs*

Well, I'll be watching the Japanese stream as that starts at 11.

Also, does any one else feel like we need a personality like Iwata and Reggie for Europe? Or are we too boring of a continent to bother?

OK, I've got a question I wonder if people could help me with please. I've got just one game I want to transfer from my DSi XL to my 3DS. The question is: will it delete anything at all on my 3DS? I know it'll delete my save data on the DSi Ware game, I just don't want it to have any effect on my 3DS.

I haven't transferred anything from a DSi to a 3DS, as I don't gave a DSi. but I've never heard of 3DS files being deleted as a result of DSiware transferring.

Edited by -Dem0-