NEurope
Dante

3DS Console Discussion

Eh, as soon as I saw it say "thinner but with longer battery life" I knew it had to be bunk. There's no room inside the chassis to make it smaller (unlike the DS, which had loads of empty space to cut down on for the DS Lite)

And a year isn't a long enough time to make those kind of space savings necessary to fit a bigger capacity battery inside (or to cut down on power consumption enough for a substantial battery life increase)

Nice list, it's good to see Pilotwings getting the recognition is deserves. Think I'll have to get myself a copy of the Mercenaries when it gets cheap enough.

Think I'll have to get myself a copy of the Mercenaries when it gets cheap enough.

Defintley. It's my most played 3DS game. 100 hours + ... :o

My top 5 of 2011 would be :-

1. Super Mario 3D Land

Terrific gameplay and level design. Better than the Galaxy games IMO. A game you'll return to many times.

2. Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D

Addictive and great looking title. Completists will love it and online play works well.

3. Mario Kart 7

Great collection of tracks, and the new abilities keep thing fresh. Online is good, a real shame we can't share ghosts with gamers from our friend roster though.

4. Ridge Racer 3D

Again, a great collection of tracks, and nice to see an impressive arcade racer on a Nintendo system for a change.

5. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars

Don't let the graphics and fact that it's published by Ubisoft fool you, this is great.An accessible strategy game which will keep you busy for hours.

I'm sorry, but how have you put over hundred hours in the game? Pure insanity!

I'm sorry, but how have you put over hundred hours in the game? Pure insanity!

I was out of work at the time of the game's release, plus been playing online once a week with lostmario over the last few months, trying to 'SS' as many co-op missions as we can. Thinks he's spent up to 60 hours with the game.

I was out of work at the time of the game's release, plus been playing online once a week with lostmario over the last few months, trying to 'SS' as many co-op missions as we can. Thinks he's spent up to 60 hours with the game.

Bloody hell!!! Is it that hard to get SS rankings?!

Great game though, need to put more into it. Must stop buying new games.... (he says after coming back from games with Ace Combat 3DS)

Rayman Origins will be coming to the 3DS on the 16th of March.

Love the Wii version, as I'm sure others on Letterbox have noticed. :laughing:

Strange that's it's not being released in the same week as the Vita version. Hopefully it'll have some features that'll make it unique, otherwise I can't see it selling well as you can buy the console versions for around £15-£20. :hmm:

65 hours for me but yeah, fantastic game. Only paid £13 for it as well!

Mario Kart 7, Cave Story 3D

Remakes? Ocarina of Time 3D, Starfox 64 3D

SSF4 3D/ Dead or Alive: Dimensions

I'd also recommend Pushmo

Edited by -Dem0-

I think Pilotwings Resort, Ocarina of Time and Mighty Switch Force have been my three favourites so far.

is anyone getting One Piece: Unlimited Cruise SP for 3DS? I want to buy it, but how do I get the special edition? so far I havent seen it listed anywhere and the item description itself did not mention anything.

EDIT: I remember now, this site also posted the news, but I got this from Nintendo.co.uk just now:

Make sure you snap up your copy of One Piece Unlimited Cruise Special early, as the first print run of the game will be bundled with a limited-edition collectable figurine of Portgas D. Ace. Grab a copy of this exciting new Nintendo 3DS adventure to find out about this character’s role in the game.

is anyone getting One Piece: Unlimited Cruise SP for 3DS? I want to buy it, but how do I get the special edition? so far I havent seen it listed anywhere and the item description itself did not mention anything.

All the first prints are the special edition. It's not retailer specific or anything :)

I just bought a 3DS on a whim. Any suggestions? I got Super Mario 3D Land.

If you like arcade racing games I'd go for Ridge Racer 3D, if you like more realistic racing F1 2011 would be a good choice. If you're into sports/arcade games there's 3D Sports Island which have received 4,5/5 stars on the eshop and is really a fun little game. PES2011 3D is a good solid football game and it should be quite cheap to obtain by now. Tintin adventures is also fun in short bursts. If you like something different try Steel Diver it's much better (and longer) than reviewers give it credit for.

Pushmo, Mighty Switch Force, Pushmo, Freakyforms, Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars, Pushmo

Not sure if anyone's suggested it yet, but you should probably consider Pushmo? ;) (It's called PullBlox in EU territories)

FreakyForms and Pushmo are both great downloadables, and imo well worth the £6 a piece. What sort of stuff do you like?

On a completely unrelated note, does anyone find issues with their DS connecting to Wireless sometimes? I think it's more my router than anything else. Also how often do you guys tend to get StreetPass hits? I don't find them often at all. LASTLY, does anyone have a thing where if they leave their 3DS on for a long time(with wireless too) and keep it going by keeping it charged, that sometimes when it's opened it's almost frozen like? I open mine sometimes and the screens don't come on/are black(wireless switch doesn't respond either, so it isn't just the screens being rubbish), and I have to hold the power button for aaaaaaages to turn it off. It turns on and works fine again after that though.

@Rummy

I have never had a problem connecting my 3DS to a wireless router. Does other wireless devices work fine in your house?

Hardly ever get streetpass hits, except when I see @Aneres11 ! :p

Don't recall ever having the other problem you described either. :hmm:

Got a little bit of a problem. Lent someone my 3DS for a bit today, but took the precaution of removing the SD card first. Since I've got it back, the light that glows blue/green/orange no longer works, even though I've definitely got SpotPasses and friends have gone online whilst I've had it on. Does anyone know how to get it working again?

Maybe it thinks you were trying to timetravel to get more coins or something, it might fix itself after 24 hours?

@Rummy

I have never had a problem connecting my 3DS to a wireless router. Does other wireless devices work fine in your house?

Hardly ever get streetpass hits, except when I see @Aneres11 ! :p

Don't recall ever having the other problem you described either. :hmm:

Well, 50/50 on the wireless, so yeah I do think it might be my router. Once connected I never get actual drops(ie disconnects, i get 'communication errors' but that's just nintendo), I'd upgrade but meh. The other problem hasn't happened for a while now, maybe it got fixed with a firmware upgrade. Thanks for the reply :)

Only time I can recall having streetpass hits was in Miami airport(not Heathrow on the way back though), once in town, once with Gamestation and I think that's it? Except the occasional times I actually meet up with a friend who has a 3DS. I tend to carry it with me everywhere when I walk too, though tis mainly to the pub so maybe it's understandable :p

Edited by Rummy

Well, 50/50 on the wireless, so yeah I do think it might be my router. Once connected I never get actual drops(ie disconnects, i get 'communication errors' but that's just nintendo), I'd upgrade but meh. The other problem hasn't happened for a while now, maybe it got fixed with a firmware upgrade. Thanks for the reply :)

Only time I can recall having streetpass hits was in Miami airport(not Heathrow on the way back though), once in town, once with Gamestation and I think that's it? Except the occasional times I actually meet up with a friend who has a 3DS. I tend to carry it with me everywhere when I walk too, though tis mainly to the pub so maybe it's understandable :p

I have had communication errors on Resident Evil: Mercenaries but not anything else like Mario Kart.

And yeah I have had a street pass going into GAME and I think I had one GENUINE street pass when I was in Chester, sooo not many! :p