NEurope
ReZourceman

N-Europe London Meet Sat July 24th 2010

Any chance of a link to the hotel's website Jimbob? I'm looking at the possibility of coming and hopefully there will be money in place (definitely should have enough money to do it just waiting on it being given to me). And with it looking like it's only going to cost me £7 to bus it down from Edinburgh and back (thank god for Megabus, eh?), I'm looking at a hotel stay for the friday and saturday and the cheapest possible. So if you have a link that'd be great.

So you can add me to the maybe part of the list Rez. I won't say it's likely that I'm coming or not but things are definitely moving in the right direction.

I just had a thought: I could do something similar to what I'm doing for the Rage factor gig, travelling down overnight on the Friday (arriving at like 7.30am in London), and leaving late on Saturday night (23.15 departure from the bus station). Which will cost me like, £10 on megabus plus whatever the tube cost will be. (Ganepark, sounds like you'd be leaving from the same place I would if you want to do that aswell and save on the hotel!)

Are there any plans for any N-E pubbing that night that I'd be missing out on? I could also leave early morning the next day, probably roughing it in the bus station (though I'm not sure how easy it would be to get there after going to the pub, tubes will probably be finished for the night...probably not the best idea actually). Oh to be young and willing to rough it like this...

Only remaining problem would be getting it past the 'rents, though regardless of what they say I'd manage to get there anyway. Just that its a kinda awkward conversation:laughing:

Only remaining problem would be getting it past the 'rents, though regardless of what they say I'd manage to get there anyway. Just that its a kinda awkward conversation:laughing:

Start off by telling them you're going to a gay gangbang arranged through the internet. Then tell them you're kidding and that it's just some friends you've met online.

I just had a thought: I could do something similar to what I'm doing for the Rage factor gig, travelling down overnight on the Friday (arriving at like 7.30am in London), and leaving late on Saturday night (23.15 departure from the bus station). Which will cost me like, £10 on megabus plus whatever the tube cost will be. (Ganepark, sounds like you'd be leaving from the same place I would if you want to do that aswell and save on the hotel!)

Are there any plans for any N-E pubbing that night that I'd be missing out on? I could also leave early morning the next day, probably roughing it in the bus station (though I'm not sure how easy it would be to get there after going to the pub, tubes will probably be finished for the night...probably not the best idea actually). Oh to be young and willing to rough it like this...

Well, i'll be heading for some fun stuff in the evening with anyone else who wishes for entertainment in the evening.

Start off by telling them you're going to a gay gangbang arranged through the internet. Then tell them you're kidding and that it's just some friends you've met online.

Ahh, the good old triple bluff! ;)

Well, i'll be heading for some fun stuff in the evening with anyone else who wishes for entertainment in the evening.

We talking pubs/clubs here?

Because if I come down (and if I'm in the country at the time with nothing else to do I definitely will come down for the weekend) I'd definitely be up for going out on the Saturday night if people are up for it.

Also I had a look at the Clinkhostel. £9 is pretty damn good if you're sharing... Anyone else up for going there for the Friday and Saturday nights?

Edit - "From £9 a night". It's actually £23 a night for the time we'd be looking to go.

Edited by Charlie

There will most certainly be some evening drinking times, there's a good few of us keen on the idea I think.

I almost had to miss this due to one of my mates stag weekends but looks like that now been changed, good times.

There will most certainly be some evening drinking times' date=' there's a good few of us keen on the idea I think.

I almost had to miss this due to one of my mates stag weekends but looks like that now been changed, good times.[/quote']

Good good because I'm looking forward to using my Scottish accent down there around the hot girls and hoping they fall in love with it. :)

Good good because I'm looking forward to using my Scottish accent down there around the hot girls and hoping they fall in love with it. :)
:laughing:

... oh, you're serious.

You'd be surprised.

...how often a man can get turned down in one night. :grin::heh:

But you're from Glasgow, aren't you? I'm normally exceptional with Scottish accents, but I just can't get me head around Glaswegian ones. You'll be lucky if they even understand you, I'm afraid.

My friend who's going interailing with me this summer is confident his even-posher-than-mine accent (a rarity indeed) will work wonders with the American gap-year-girls in Florence. :laughing:

Is a "glaswegian" accent the one where the end of every sentence goes all high, as though you were asking a question? :p I should know this, having lived in Scotland all my life...

EDIT: Oh wait, it's more "round", than an Edinburgh one...or something. It's all elastic. And harder to understand if it's strong.

Edited by Paj!

Is a "glaswegian" accent the one where the end of every sentence goes all high, as though you were asking a question? :p I should know this, having lived in Scotland all my life...

The Glaswegian accent is the one that makes you fear for your life slightly.

I've only ever not understood (at all) two Scottish people on the phone. And I've spoken to 50,000 people. Ish. Obv not all were Scottish.

But you're from Glasgow, aren't you? I'm normally exceptional with Scottish accents, but I just can't get me head around Glaswegian ones. You'll be lucky if they even understand you, I'm afraid.

My friend who's going interailing with me this summer is confident his even-posher-than-mine accent (a rarity indeed) will work wonders with the American gap-year-girls in Florence. :laughing:

The Glasgow chav is quite high pitched.

My accent isn't really that Scottish sounding at all, a lot of people actually think I'm from Ireland.

The Glasgow chav is quite high pitched.

My accent isn't really that Scottish sounding at all, a lot of people actually think I'm from Ireland.

Just as long as we can understand you, i'll be happy.

(Just don't sound like this, please don't i beg of you)

Edited by Jimbob

That's one of my fears, that I won't understand all of you haha. I have enough trouble trying to understand Jim sometimes. =P

Been taking a few steps forward with this. Had a look at hotels and buses and as far as I see it, it's going to be too expensive for me to do what I initially wanted (which was to come down to London for Friday morning and stay through till Sunday before heading back home) so looks likely I'll just bus it down for the Saturday morning (7.30am) and take the night bus back up to Edinburgh.

Any other Scots doing this one? I'm fine getting the bus down from Edinburgh on my own but I feel slightly uncomfortable about hanging about around a bus station until 11.15pm, especially in a city I don't know. I'm sure it'll be fine regardless.

So yeh, at the moment I'm still a maybe for coming (not going to confirm anything until the end of the week at the earliest) but it's leaning towards a definite appearance by me at the meet this year. Will just need to figure out what to do on the Saturday morning and evening to waste time.

Been taking a few steps forward with this. Had a look at hotels and buses and as far as I see it, it's going to be too expensive for me to do what I initially wanted (which was to come down to London for Friday morning and stay through till Sunday before heading back home) so looks likely I'll just bus it down for the Saturday morning (7.30am) and take the night bus back up to Edinburgh.

Any other Scots doing this one? I'm fine getting the bus down from Edinburgh on my own but I feel slightly uncomfortable about hanging about around a bus station until 11.15pm, especially in a city I don't know. I'm sure it'll be fine regardless.

So yeh, at the moment I'm still a maybe for coming (not going to confirm anything until the end of the week at the earliest) but it's leaning towards a definite appearance by me at the meet this year. Will just need to figure out what to do on the Saturday morning and evening to waste time.

This is my plan, but I'm doing it in a couple of weeks for the RATM gig, so I'm holding off on booking it until I see how that goes first. So long as I have no problems I'll book it when I get back.

If I come down I'll be down for the whole weekend. Try and stay with my cousin one night and then find a hostel or something for the 2nd night.

Will probably be getting the bus down also unless I can find a really cheap flight or train.

Okay, slight change of plans on a few of our ends. I hadn't planned on staying over but persuasion was lead my way and some of us are staying over "together" although not all of them probably know it yet.

So who else is staying over? It might be an idea to get close/to you.

But basically Goafer, Happenstance, SPAMBOT4000 and I will be staying together. Somewhere or how. I'll check hostels/after I hear back from other-stay-over-e-people.

OH and Sunday, we WILL be going to the frozen yogurt place in Leicester Square. Fuck you if you don't agree.