NEurope
ReZourceman

N-Europe London Meet Sat July 24th 2010

Just asking, but is the 24th definitely the day of the meet? I need to know if we want to order our hotel and eurostar ticket soon. =)

There's two people in this relationship, you female!

:D

Uk hotels, you suck! Why so expensiveeeeee? Maybe we should just buy a tent and do this Glastonbury stylee.

Maybe we should just buy a tent and do this Glastonbury stylee.

That's a superb idea. N-E Campout.

That's a superb idea. N-E Campout.

Are we even allowed to do that in the citeh of Laaaandaaan?

Are we even allowed to do that in the citeh of Laaaandaaan?

I'm not entirely sure to be honest. I'd be more worried about getting shanked to be fair.

Or molested by ReZ. At least the women will be safe from him I suppose. Every cloud and all that.

I'm not entirely sure to be honest. I'd be more worried about getting shanked to be fair.

Or molested by ReZ. At least the women will be safe from him I suppose. Every cloud and all that.

But we'd be in a group. Also, we could have people up keeping watch! What a great honour that would be. To watch over the camp as the troops sleep.

But yeah, ReZ would still find a way. Up and through someone's arse.

Nope, can't camp at any of the parks.

To ensure everyone enjoys the Parks fully, we ask that you refrain from the following:

 Collecting or soliciting money – if yours is a charity picnic, any collections must take place outside of the park boundary.

 Corporate advertising and distribution of leaflets – if yours is an informal staff picnic you will not be permitted to display any corporate banners or distribute promotional material.

 Barbecues, or any form of cooking in the parks. As well as being a fire hazard, abandoned barbecues can be a hazard to other visitors and to wildlife. There are catering outlets in each Park selling a selection of hot and cold food.

 Glass – Please ensure that you use plastic cups and bottles where possible. Broken glass is a hazard to other visitors and wildlife and very difficult to remove from parkland.

 Playing ball games – ball games are only permitted in certain areas of some of the Parks. If you want to play ball games, please contact the park office to find out where you should play.

 Playing music – please be considerate to others.

 Fixing anything to trees or driving anything into the ground.

 Erecting tents, marquees or other structures.

 Balloons – please remember to be careful when bringing balloons into the park, as when released they get caught up in the trees and are hard to remove. They can also be a hazard to the wildlife in the park. Mass balloon releases are not permitted in the Parks for these reasons.

We have no objection to alcoholic drinks, but they must be available free of charge (ie not for sale), and for consumption by your guests only. And of course, alcohol must only be made available to persons over the age of 18.

I'm still tieing the banner to the trees though. If there's no rule about climbing them, then a bit of string and paper wont hurt them.

Edited by Goafer

Been a member for about 5 years now so I might just attend this thing but I don't really plan that far ahead but, y'know like I said, if I'm free and have the cash I'll pop on over. A flight from glasgow would be about £20-£30 so its pretty do-able.

I'm still tieing the banner to the trees though. If there's no rule about climbing them, then a bit of string and paper wont hurt them.

I think through the first few meets we did probably more than half of those things. :p

 Erecting tents, marquees or other structures.

Lulz

So seems Jim and I are pretty much definitely coming! (unless something happens again like last time with my leg...)

We booked my Eurostar tickets and a hotel for the weekend of the meet. So count us in. =)

Oh thats good. My greeting, in the absence of a cliff, will have to be conducted from atop a tree.

Flink knows.

Oh thats good. My greeting, in the absence of a cliff, will have to be conducted from atop a tree.

Flink knows.

kali9001.JPG

Flink knows.

Metroid Prime Hunters? Or something like that. I think I've heard the story. =P

Sorry guys and girls, I'll most likely be in Brussels, or a channel port. Either way, I'll be on the continent, so my presence will be available, I'm afraid!

Sorry guys and girls, I'll most likely be in Brussels, or a channel port. Either way, I'll be on the continent, so my presence will be available, I'm afraid!

Maybe you can say hi while I pass through Brussels on my way to London. =P

What you going to do in Europe?

So seems Jim and I are pretty much definitely coming! (unless something happens again like last time with my leg...)

We booked my Eurostar tickets and a hotel for the weekend of the meet. So count us in. =)

WIN!!!!!!

On the continent? But you're already on the continent. :p

Maybe you can say hi while I pass through Brussels on my way to London. =P

What you going to do in Europe?

Of course, I'll say hi! If you know a good bar or something, in the city, let me know and I'll buy you a drink or two. :awesome:

I'm interrailing, and booked my ticket today!

Of course, I'll say hi! If you know a good bar or something, in the city, let me know and I'll buy you a drink or two. :awesome:

I'm interrailing, and booked my ticket today!

Only bar I ever went to in Brussels was some weird Greek cocktail bar which seemed to be filled with gay men haha.

Actually doubt I could go for a drink anyway as I have to get my Eurostar at noon. =P

But yay interrailing, sounds fun! Yay for tickets! =D

Only bar I ever went to in Brussels was some weird Greek cocktail bar which seemed to be filled with gay men haha.

Actually doubt I could go for a drink anyway as I have to get my Eurostar at noon. =P

But yay interrailing, sounds fun! Yay for tickets! =D

Ah well, I dare say I'll find somewhere the night before! :heh: As such, I guess I wont be having alcohol either, but, hey, it'll still be nice to say hi!

Is this just a day thing or are people looking to make a night of it?

Is this just a day thing or are people looking to make a night of it?

No idea really, I think last time some people stayed a night?

I know me and Jim are staying in London for three days, but that's so we can also visit the city for a bit. =)

No idea really, I think last time some people stayed a night?

I know me and Jim are staying in London for three days, but that's so we can also visit the city for a bit. =)

When I say making a night of it, I meant more than just sitting in a hotel/hostel room for an evening and then having an early night.

I would have thought there will be some sort of evening event taking place. Would be silly not to. If some people go home after the day or others don't want to go out we can always do it with just a few of us.

Right, so I've made progress. It seems a lot more likely that I will be able to participate, however due to me graduating this year, it is also very possible that other events will prevent me from going.

In any case, though, I'm pretty sure I will be able to participate, if not this year, then next year! :)