NEurope
ReZourceman

N-Europe London Meet Sat July 24th 2010

I'm throwing more thought into the idea of staying for at least one night, that way we can get a lot more done and actually have an impressive time.

That's the spirit!

Just seen the train is £7 cheaper than the bus, well i did look on the Trainline dot com. I can get in for £28 return. If that is the case, then.

719959-homergp15_super.gif

And i can add Tube prices to it as well, as i'm not sure of the Tube then i may leave that and pay on the day for it.

Have you checked the National Express yet?

There will be "funfare" tickets closer to the time. They could be as cheap as a fiver getting you to London. I've been to London and back for a tenner or so before.

Have you checked the National Express yet?

There will be "funfare" tickets closer to the time. They could be as cheap as a fiver getting you to London. I've been to London and back for a tenner or so before.

I don't really know, but i have just bought a return train ticket to London on the 23rd for £28. Cheaper than National Express i think (by £7). It's even on a First Great Western train as well.

I don't really know, but i have just bought a return train ticket to London on the 23rd for £28. Cheaper than National Express i think (by £7). It's even on a First Great Western train as well.

You can get National Express tickets for dirt cheap, but the downside is that you can only find the "fun-fare" tickets closer to the date. For example, there's tickets for the end of may which are going for around a fiver, so I'm going to pick those up for when I visit Belgium next. With trains, its usually cheaper the earlier you book them. It tends to be almost the opposite with National Express.

28 quid is pretty good going by train, though. It can cost a fortune sometimes.

You can get National Express tickets for dirt cheap, but the downside is that you can only find the "fun-fare" tickets closer to the date. For example, there's tickets for the end of may which are going for around a fiver, so I'm going to pick those up for when I visit Belgium next. With trains, its usually cheaper the earlier you book them. It tends to be almost the opposite with National Express.

28 quid is pretty good going by train, though. It can cost a fortune sometimes.

It was £58 a couple of weeks ago for the train, but they had cheap fare's appearing throughout this week. £17 to get to London, and £11 to get back. It's all good, and it is 1 hour shorter journey times as well.

Now then, all i have to do is to book a place to stay and i am sorted. 2 nights somewhere reasonably priced is good.

If I come (money and living situation dependant) then I'll bring me football again.

With regards to people staying overnight... as long as we don't end up in the hostel myself and Moogle were in last year then that sounds like a larf. Seriously, apart from Moogle violating me that place holds no good memories...

With regards to people staying overnight... as long as we don't end up in the hostel myself and Moogle were in last year then that sounds like a larf. Seriously, apart from Moogle violating me that place holds no good memories...

Yeah all those hot ladies and we get stuck with a bunch of freaks.

The place we went the previous year wasn't too bad. I think it was £20pppr a night? Asides from coming back after the meet to find our room empty of all our stuff, the place did the trick.

I'd love to organise it this year but I don't have the funding to front the deposit (and the year I did I also ended up covering for a forumite's room fees as he didn't turn up :(), and honestly I don't even know if I can afford to go yet at all.

Yeah all those hot ladies and we get stuck with a bunch of freaks.

Seriously, it must have been the only room which didn't contain some of those hot girls :(

Anyone want to room-share, i'm more than willing to provide my share of the costs.

Oh, God...I hated that place. Those other people in that room proper fucking snored, and that bed was so damn uncomfortable, plus it was too small. :mad:

The only good part of that hostel was when I used one of the PC's and logged on to find I had won a match against Dyson in our Xpert Eleven league - that was awesome! :grin:

The pool table was in a shit place as well! :indeed:

Front page needs a tad updating

I'm a cert to go this year, i look forward to it.

Seen this thread pop up a few times, not really thought much about it, but now I'm kinda intrigued..

How many of you are familiar with the game Humans vs Zombies? It's like a twisted version of hide and seek, I don't think we'd be able to pull of a great one looking at the attending list, but we could try pull of a game if any ones interested?

I'm a maybe attending, I'm supposed to be around the london area mid July, so I may come along, I'm known to be a bit quiet mind.

Still unsure about coming or not. It would probably involve taking a 9 hr coach journey to get there since I don't think my car is reliable enough to risk taking it all the way to London.

Anybody up north roadtripping down and want help with the petrol?

Gizmo; if I'm up north, I can contribute... but I guess that's not north enough!

Depache; I've played a game called zombies! in a house - 'seekers' have to walk and groan, 'hiders' have to evade and... hide. If they're caught they become part of the 'seeking' team. Not sure of the 'walking' rule would hold true in an outdoor environment, but totally worth a shot!

Just to clarify...

Pub Articulate > *

And yeah, I probably already said this but defo down for this assuming I have monies (which I may not as it's like 6 days after I start my placement :D)

I'm still looking about for a reasonable place to stay for the 2 nights. Kind of wish i sorted this out first before booking transport.

I'm looking for somewhere reasonably close (don't mind using the tube at all if needed) to where the main meet will be.

Edit: Think i found somewhere, reasonably priced for London. Hotel as well, £35 a night. Should be good enough as i won't be spending much time there. And it is only a 10-15 minute walk as well (assuming Hyde Park is the location for the meet). And there be no need for tubing as the train station is 20-30 minute walk to the Hotel.

Edited by Jimbob

If you're brave you could walk into hotels on the night and ask for a room.

At that time of night if they have any rooms left unfilled (which they're likely to), you can get it at a bargain price, because for them at that stage, any money is better than an unsold room for the night.

Wow, that list got updated quickly.

I laugh how there is a 'Not Attending' list, this is highly misleading, only two people on the board are not coming? I demand a full 'Not Attending' list of every user not coming, as I am under the impression every single member is a maybe! (Yeah, this post is pretty gay)

But yeah maybe suits me just fine, its in the realm of 60% attending, 40% not.

@JaySeven

Depache? =\

But yeah the game follows similar rules, you don't have to groan or anything, just make sure it is distinguishable you are infact a zombie. You should see the size of the games they get going in the states, there was one earlier this month with 300+ players spanning 4-5 days, it's nuts.

Gizmo; if I'm up north, I can contribute... but I guess that's not north enough!

Depache; I've played a game called zombies! in a house - 'seekers' have to walk and groan, 'hiders' have to evade and... hide. If they're caught they become part of the 'seeking' team. Not sure of the 'walking' rule would hold true in an outdoor environment, but totally worth a shot!

Newwwb.

Sheffield <> Up North

I'm not looking for contributors, I'm looking for a car to which I can contribute :sad:

Hotel is all booked up, just got round to doing it now. Paying £35 for each night (£70 in total). Breakfast included, which is all good.