N-Europe

Nintendo Japan trademarks the name zii

shadow mario

Engadget.com - Zii,Bii,Oii,Cii and Yii

We've done a bit more digging, and it looks as if this here filing may simply be a renewal of a 2006 trademark request. Moreover, we've found Nintendo trademarks in Japan for Cii, Bii, Oii and Yii, so it seems the company may just be on some sort of rampage in order to cover its tracks in one form or another.

A bit to late of Nintendo to stop others making gadgets that sound like Wii because of the Creative Zii and http://www.Zii.com.

Edited by Dante

Probably for a Sleep Vitality Sensor 'game'... zzzzzz (zii)... clever!

Haha, that's actually pretty clever. Well done. I can tell you were chuffed with that one.

Super Craptoid could be your big launch game.

:kiss:

I dunno, I think a sequel to Donkey Bollocks 64 would be worthy of a launch game. :heh:

How many of Nintendo's patents or trademarks actually materialise into commercial products or such? They trademark a lot of stuff like this to just cover their backs. It could be like Emasher says, to prevent a "rip-off" or dodgey product being released that is similar to the Wii.

I said in my other post that it is a renewal of a 2006 trademark request of Zii, Cii, Bii, Oii and Yii to cover its tracks for others using letter then ii.

The Nintendo Oii. :grin:

Nintendo have learnt that you can call the console anything and it will still sell, so my picks for the next console are:

Nintendo Together

Nintendo All4One

Nintendo FamiVidGamCon

or my personal fave:

'The Nintendo'