Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

The Confessions and Advice Thread

Beast

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Confession: Although being a member of this site since the Cube-Europe days, I've never really felt like part of the community.

I think that has something to do with either not living in Sheffield or not finding everything ReZ does funny. :p

But yeah, I know what you mean. There's a few people on here I like, others who I just enjoy exchanging posts with, and then some that I just don't like. It's usually the outspoken/egotistical ones that annoy me.

I been here since Cube too. I don't feel myself as a part of the community as a whole, but there is small group of outliers that I think I get on with. Plus I've met a few of them, which was rad. Of course, alcohol does reduce any cultural and social boundaries, so who knows, maybe I hate em, but I don't know it =p.

Confession: this place is my all purpose method of catharsis, I'm not actually a dick, at least I don't think I am. I donno, any given social context is predicated by a certain conception of identity, and I guess I pander to that. Unfortunately it also tells you that you don't really have a personality, just a bank of behaviorisms that you assume whenever you're presented with a situation (of course, you could argue that this IS your identity, but its too mutable...) Of course, by that measure, I'm a putz of the highest caliber, since your identity is everything to do with what everyone else believes.

I also have this habit of caring far too much about what certain people think, as much as I would like to play this trait down, and yet some peoples opinions I have absolutely no respect for. It would be nice to reach an equilibrium instead of being ridiculously nervous in certain conditions, and being a cantankerous prick in others. Although I like my persona when it assumes the latter of these two presets way better. Being a dick is rad. Self evaluation ftl

All of this.

CONFESSION:

Ok as I posted a while back I have joined a dating site to try and get out a bit more. A girl sent me a message on there and we ended up swapping numbers and all was good, she even sent me the odd cheeky naughty text about sexual stuff! We agreed we'd meet up and its all been alright. Not meeting up till 15th Jan when I get paid I should add....

Ok so whats wrong...just how desperate the girl seems to be. She's now taken to texting me loads saying she wants me and how she can't wait to be with and have her all to herself...when she's said things like that I've tried my best to shrug it off and act like I'm playing it cool.

The other night we were texting and I must have fallen asleep, the next morning I woke up with 5 off her, some saying I can't wait to meet you blah blah blah...others are you still awake, do you like me? are you ok? I thought fuck it I'll not reply straight away and reply later on...I got up left my phone in my room and ended up going out with my dad to do shopping or something, I didn't go back up and collect my phone, came back and had another 3 texts asking what I was up to...Thats EIGHT texts with NO replies!

The last night was texting and went to have a shower and she sent me 3 texts within those 10 mins, "i really cannot wait to be with you" "you not taking to that?" "r we ok?" I was just having a shower FFS...I mean at first it was nice to be getting texts off a girl and getting a bit of attention especially with some of the rubbish stuff I've had (the psycho girl and my recent rejection) Late last night she did the same I text and said I needed to sleep as it was first day back at work today and had an early start, she then sent me 4 texts saying "sexy pants" "wish I was with in bed with you" "I hope you like me when we meet" "just text me when you wake up"

one other slight thing thats kinda odd...is her picture on the website she looks a lot younger than a subsequent picture she MMS'd to me. She also seems to have a much chubbier face (not fat, but certainly chubbier) I'm half expecting to get on this date with her and finding out she is a massive 25 stone girl! I do admit past experience on a dating site when I was 19 has kinda formed this worry, I once went on a date with a girl and the picture she'd posted wasn't even her, it was her friend who wasn't single, in truth she was a 20 stone nightclub bouncer with a gruff voice...I'm worried about being stung again lol!

Finally she's given a nickname: sexypants....which I fucking hate!

ADVICE: (that I want!)

What do I do?! On the one hand my original intention was just to have fun and get out on some dates but sounds like this could be a whole lot worse! My last relationship ended with me feeling suffocated by it all and last thing I want is somebody who is really clingy, why can't a girl just play it cool lol?!!! Or am I being totally stupid and should just let it fly that this girl perhaps likes declaring her feelings a lot. My head is telling me get out get out get out, but then again I think on the website it clearly says I'm looking for dates to get out the house so I should perhaps still do that and she how she is...

Perhaps I should give the girl a break and perhaps she is just over compensating because she wants to meet up and we seem to get well via the medium of email and SMS,,,ARGH I DUNNO!

Hmm. Over time she'll probably die down in terms of acting clingy; it sounds to me like she's a little infatuated with you at the moment. I think stressing over her looks is a bit silly, as it's far more important you get on with her. If I were you, I'd just double check that she isn't just interested in short term or a bit of fun, as she does come across as a little eager to meet you.

All in all, give her a chance. If she doesn't turn out to be all that great, then you can at least say you tried. Good luck!

I'd say run with it but use caution. She may just be excited about a new thing happening.

If she keeps at the obsessive texting, and you still like her, you need to mention it in a subtle way and ask her to stop the intensity. (obviously this is not something you want to say on the first date though!)

Hmm. Over time she'll probably die down in terms of acting clingy; it sounds to me like she's a little infatuated with you at the moment. I think stressing over her looks is a bit silly, as it's far more important you get on with her. If I were you, I'd just double check that she isn't just interested in short term or a bit of fun, as she does come across as a little eager to meet you.

All in all, give her a chance. If she doesn't turn out to be all that great, then you can at least say you tried. Good luck!

Cheers lol. She has said she's been single awhile and just looking for some dates and then who knows. Which is kinda the attitude I'm having I just wanna get out the house first and foremost and not on the usual pissed up lads nights out and perhaps meet the future Mrs Flamey down the line somewhere...

CONFESSION:

ADVICE:

She sounds like an absolute psycho!

Here's what I would do. Arrange to meet her somewhere where you'll be able to recognise her. Somewhere outside, public but somewhere she'll be standing and she'll stand out to be waiting for someone. She'll be looking around nervously hoping you're coming.

You arrive early and find another place to wait where you can see where she'll be waiting. This way you won't be caught off guard by her if she's an absolute heffer or something (not that there's anything wrong with heffers I should hasten to add) and has seen you before you've seen her. Once you've seen her and decided she isn't a psycho you can move in, appologise for being late, the train was late ("public transport, eh?" - instant conversation!) and you're off!

If you decide that you don't want to talk to her you can easily slip away.

I know what you're all thinking, shallow shallow shallow but she's already shown that she is a bit of a psycho from what flameboy said so I think it's a fairgame to make sure that she's not going to chop you up into tiny little pieces or something.

She sounds like an absolute psycho!

Here's what I would do. Arrange to meet her somewhere where you'll be able to recognise her. Somewhere outside, public but somewhere she'll be standing and she'll stand out to be waiting for someone. She'll be looking around nervously hoping you're coming.

You arrive early and find another place to wait where you can see where she'll be waiting. This way you won't be caught off guard by her if she's an absolute heffer or something (not that there's anything wrong with heffers I should hasten to add) and has seen you before you've seen her. Once you've seen her and decided she isn't a psycho you can move in, appologise for being late, the train was late ("public transport, eh?" - instant conversation!) and you're off!

If you decide that you don't want to talk to her you can easily slip away.

I know what you're all thinking, shallow shallow shallow but she's already shown that she is a bit of a psycho from what flameboy said so I think it's a fairgame to make sure that she's not going to chop you up into tiny little pieces or something.

Failing Charlie's plan, give someone your number, if it's going to shit run for a piss send out the SOS message and an N-E survival plan will roll into action.

Firstly we'll call you after 5 minutes of receiving the SOS, this allows for you to pretend you went to the toilet, wash your hands etc. Return to your table and pretend to be enjoying the date.

Fifteen minutes after the SOS we'll call again this time to ensure the first call went to plan. If that failed we'll send ReZ and Goafer round within 2 hours of the initial text to 'kidnap' you.

Hows that sound? I know, I am blooming sad..

---

Plus I kind of agree with Charlie, though I guess it's because I'm a bit reserved I definitely wouldn't be sending a message that says "sexypants" to someone I've never met or spoken to in person.

I wouldn't dismiss her over the texting, some people can be incredibly nervous and as a result send alot of text messages without realising, this kinda thing can be resolved. What does worry me is the picture thing, but I suppose you can only solve that one by meeting her.

Meet her for the day, not a weekend, that way its only a coffee or whatever and you can go home.

First, thanks peeps for all the congratumalations from before :D

Flameh, I wouldn't dismiss her completely over text. There'll always be one of you that'll be a little more eager than the other and in this case it's her. She does sound a bit crazy but as Nightwolf said, she could easily just be nervous. Also, how old has she said she is? And have you actually asked her her age rather than just gone from what she says on her profile. With her being so text heavy so soon, it does seem like she could be quite young. I've ended up speaking to a couple of 16/17 year olds on those sites by mistake as they put themselves as 18/19 just because it won't let them on otherwise. And they've been the same, a little over-eager.

So yeah, ask her her age. I wouldn't push it if she still says what's on her profile. I mean she probably is legit, it's just always worth checking. And just meet up in a public place for a coiiiiffee or something. I wouldn't back out after just 5 minutes like others have said. I met another girl before the current one and within 5 minutes I thought "WHAT A FUCKING FREAK - ABORT ABORT!" but it was just because we were both being awkward in individual ways. After about 20 minutes we chilled and although it was pretty clear after that time that she wasn't 'the one for me', things did get better and we've ended up being decent mates. If priority one for you is just getting out with some new people then that would still be a win for thee.

It's never as bad as you think it's going to be, try and remember that! Good luck! :)

I wouldn't dismiss her over the texting, some people can be incredibly nervous and as a result send alot of text messages without realising, this kinda thing can be resolved. What does worry me is the picture thing, but I suppose you can only solve that one by meeting her.

Meet her for the day, not a weekend, that way its only a coffee or whatever and you can go home.

Yeah I will defintely just meet for a day or an evening. I'm glad someone else thinks the photo thing is wierd...It's just she does look older and chubbier (by the way nothing wrong with a few extra pounds I'd like to point out!) in the picture she sent me, like shes slowly setting me up or something....I dunno..

First, thanks peeps for all the congratumalations from before :D

Flameh, I wouldn't dismiss her completely over text. There'll always be one of you that'll be a little more eager than the other and in this case it's her. She does sound a bit crazy but as Nightwolf said, she could easily just be nervous. Also, how old has she said she is? And have you actually asked her her age rather than just gone from what she says on her profile. With her being so text heavy so soon, it does seem like she could be quite young. I've ended up speaking to a couple of 16/17 year olds on those sites by mistake as they put themselves as 18/19 just because it won't let them on otherwise. And they've been the same, a little over-eager.

So yeah, ask her her age. I wouldn't push it if she still says what's on her profile. I mean she probably is legit, it's just always worth checking. And just meet up in a public place for a coiiiiffee or something. I wouldn't back out after just 5 minutes like others have said. I met another girl before the current one and within 5 minutes I thought "WHAT A FUCKING FREAK - ABORT ABORT!" but it was just because we were both being awkward in individual ways. After about 20 minutes we chilled and although it was pretty clear after that time that she wasn't 'the one for me', things did get better and we've ended up being decent mates. If priority one for you is just getting out with some new people then that would still be a win for thee.

It's never as bad as you think it's going to be, try and remember that! Good luck! :)

I do remember asking and she said 25, same age as me, plus she has been working for 6 years in her current job and worked her way upto manager in her job so unless shes lying about that as well...

She sounds like a fucking nut case.

Nice to see people giving different opinions/views...

and this just made me laugh out loud!

Nice to see people giving different opinions/views...

You want me to lie? :heh:

Okay... She's probably just really nervous, it's not like texting is possibly the most indirect form of communication we have.

Bad pun time, she's textually harassing you...

You want me to lie? :heh:

Okay... She's probably just really nervous, it's not like texting is possibly the most indirect form of communication we have.

Bad pun time, she's textually harassing you...

Nah lol I do like your view it offers some perspective and does kinda resonate...

Dude, this chick sounds like a grunion. Everyone knows that all of the fun is in the chase and everything after just savours of anticlimax.

whats a grunion?!

I think that has something to do with either not living in Sheffield or not finding everything ReZ does funny. :p

I live(d) near Sheffield and I don't really feel a part of this site anymore. I used to, but no I feel that N-E and/or I have changed.

ADVICE: (that I want!)

What do I do?! On the one hand my original intention was just to have fun and get out on some dates but sounds like this could be a whole lot worse! My last relationship ended with me feeling suffocated by it all and last thing I want is somebody who is really clingy, why can't a girl just play it cool lol?!!! Or am I being totally stupid and should just let it fly that this girl perhaps likes declaring her feelings a lot. My head is telling me get out get out get out, but then again I think on the website it clearly says I'm looking for dates to get out the house so I should perhaps still do that and she how she is...

Perhaps I should give the girl a break and perhaps she is just over compensating because she wants to meet up and we seem to get well via the medium of email and SMS,,,ARGH I DUNNO!

A lot of people I know that text all the time are actually quite shy in person. I think it's a way of them "compensating" as they find it easier than in real life.

Personally I say go for it. Just arrange to meet for a few hours. If she's a complete head case then at least it's an experience and you've gained an anecdote.

I live(d) near Sheffield and I don't really feel a part of this site anymore. I used to, but no I feel that N-E and/or I have changed.

A lot of people I know that text all the time are actually quite shy in person. I think it's a way of them "compensating" as they find it easier than in real life.

Personally I say go for it. Just arrange to meet for a few hours. If she's a complete head case then at least it's an experience and you've gained an anecdote.

I lived in Sheffield and was at my most active in the community yet never met anyone, I don't post as much now yet strangely fell more attached...I do wanna meet more people off her cos me mike and nathan had a laugh at the eurogamer expo.

Anyway yeah i think I'm gonna go for it worse comes to worse I run away and never see her again.

I lived in Sheffield and was at my most active in the community yet never met anyone, I don't post as much now yet strangely fell more attached...I do wanna meet more people off her cos me mike and nathan had a laugh at the eurogamer expo.

Anyway yeah i think I'm gonna go for it worse comes to worse I run away and never see her again.

Exactly :)

Btw if you don't like the name 'sexypants', go out and buy a REALLY crap pair of boxers, she'll see them and realise the name is inappropriate. Who knows, she might move on to better names like 'Nipple hair, 'bold patch', 'erectile dis...:heh:'. Seriously though, it used to annoy me how my girlfriend used to put on my boxers (they look much better on me than her it must be said) so now I just wear really average underwear when I'm with her and she just sticks to that sexy female shit ;)

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!