Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

General Switch Discussion

Ashley

1 minute ago, Jamba said:

Just off the top of my head, would anyone be interested ifthe Borderlands trilogy came to switch? It is Unreal engine after all. 

Not to be a broken record but it would need the ability to talk to your squad when playing online. Borderlands without the banter would be a different (worse) game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Not to be a broken record but it would need the ability to talk to your squad when playing online. Borderlands without the banter would be a different (worse) game.

OK, let's say that they fix that (as we're being hypothetical anyway) what then? Would it tickle your fancy bones? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jamba said:

OK, let's say that they fix that (as we're being hypothetical anyway) what then? Would it tickle your fancy bones? 

It would depend on who else picks it up. Borderlands is very much a co-op game. I played though all of the first one in a group of 4 and it was amazing. I then played most of the second game on my own and, despite it being a better game, I had far less fun.

I think there are far more other games that I would like to see ported to the Switch over the Borderlands series. Tropical Freeze and Tokyo Mirage Sessions are both my most wanted ports.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On ‎31‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 8:57 AM, Hero-of-Time said:

Reggie talks about Nintendo's up and coming online service.

Yeah, I don't like the sound of this at all. For the love of.....just copy what everyone else is doing!

But they're already slapping us with a online charge...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, RedShell said:

Would monthly VC titles with added online play do it? If I remember correctly, that’s what they were planning.

It depends on the games. Actually, thinking about it...probably not. If the N64 games were on the cards then that would be a different story but from what they've said in the past it looks to only be NES/SNES games. Also, if they don't sort out how you can interact with people online and set up games more easily then making these games online is pretty pointless in the first place.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Last we heard their online service was reported to cost $20, much lower than what Sony and Microsoft are charging, so should keep that in mind when comparing to what the others are doing.

I'd still rather pay the same as what the others are charging to have the same kind of setup on the Switch. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I'd still rather pay the same as what the others are charging to have the same kind of setup on the Switch. 

And me

Simple feature like party chat would do. 

Its so frustrating and that it is missing. There really is no excuse!

Edited by Blade
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

I'll wait for them to tell us what their online service offers before judging it, at the moment we don't really know anything about it.

I can’t take this stance anymore. I’d love to, but after repeated generations of Nintendo letting us down in this space, I can’t help but be pessimistic. :(