N-Europe

General Switch Discussion

Ashley

BTW, I spotted something on the confirm page before I scrambled to smash the button…

… whatever this thing is, it’s gonna need 2.2GB of storage space.  So it probably isn’t anything to do with Cloud streaming.

I'm trying to figure out if they'll announce it at the point the test starts or the software is going to be nondescript and they're tracking things in the background.

Ain't no way in hell thousands of random people are going to abide by a NDA. 

3 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

BTW, I spotted something on the confirm page before I scrambled to smash the button…

… whatever this thing is, it’s gonna need 2.2GB of storage space.  So it probably isn’t anything to do with Cloud streaming.

Nintendo have worked with S-E to compress and bring Advent Children to the Switch, with touch-ups via streaming, there's your Cloud [life]streaming :p

2.2GB is kind of an odd size, right? I feel like it counts things out like a new system for Switch Online because of the size of games after the N64 fluctuating so much, unless they gave you, say, GameCube Switch Online and one game comes installed with it but it otherwise served as a launcher to download games to? I don't think anyone thinks it'll be that but I feel like we can reasonably count that out. 

It also seems pretty hefty for an Activity Log or Miiverse replacement, even if we add a bunch of bells and whistles, that'd be a whole lot of bells and whistles you'd need to add in order to get to that sort of size. 

Hmm...

23 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

Shoot! Are me and @Glen-i the only ones who got in? Surely not!

Come on guys! Don’t tell me we’re stuck with whatever this thing is alone!!

I didn't bother as I don't have the Expansion Pack (or NSO, period) right now :p

23 minutes ago, Ashley said:

I'm trying to figure out if they'll announce it at the point the test starts or the software is going to be nondescript and they're tracking things in the background.

Ain't no way in hell thousands of random people are going to abide by a NDA. 

I think they'll just come out and say what it is, wouldn't be all that surprised if whatever it was ends up being previewed by the press ahead of time and when it lands we see some previews go up alongside it. 

Because yeah, I totally agree, there's no way to NDA so many random participants. 

20 minutes ago, Julius said:

2.2GB is kind of an odd size, right? I feel like it counts things out like a new system for Switch Online because of the size of games after the N64 fluctuating so much, unless they gave you, say, GameCube Switch Online and one game comes installed with it but it otherwise served as a launcher to download games to? I don't think anyone thinks it'll be that but I feel like we can reasonably count that out. 

I'm coming back to this – they're calling it a "Playtest". I kind of do feel like it has to be related to the act of playing games. 

Testing out the reception to and feedback for a potential DS NSO? Every way I imagine it would be weird so I could see why you might want feedback for that, and I guess it would fit the file size. A Game Pass trial run, so this is more of a beta so they can prep for an actual Game Pass launch on the system? Some NSO feature like voice chat on the Switch without the mobile app? Some new, larger NSO-only game? 

::shrug:

Edited by Julius

2 minutes ago, killthenet said:

I also managed to get in - can't wait to test out the new friends list features 

If they're finally going to enter the 2000s with their online functionality, I'm hoping they just recreate this classic frame-by-frame with Koizumi and Takahashi:

MY NAME IS CHUCK

:laughing: