NEurope
Ashley

General Switch Discussion

I'd love to see a new Animal Crossing announced at E3. I want to be able to play it again on a tv. As I skipped City Folk I havent played one on a tv since the Gamecube.

I'd love to see a new Animal Crossing announced at E3. I want to be able to play it again on a tv. As I skipped City Folk I havent played one on a tv since the Gamecube.

I would have thought they would have one ready for when the mobile game launches. That way they could do a bit of cross promotion. Given the games that are slated for the remainder of the year, I would think AC would probably be a 2018 game.

Metroid, Animal Crossing, Fire Emblem, Pikmin 4...?

(I forgot Fire Emblem Warriors in Q4 this year as well)

And then what about the year after that?

And then what about the year after that?

Luigi's Mansion 3, F-Zero, Kirby, 2D Mario, Captain Toad

Luigi's Mansion 3, F-Zero, Kirby, 2D Mario, Captain Toad

Then that's the year I sell it. :heh:

I am hoping they make more new and big games as to me it feels like they will otherwise be treading water after a year or two. They've already assigned 3D Mario and Zelda to year 1.

Switch's first year is good. You don't have to like all the games, but what they've got, combined with eShop, is providing plenty to play. It's partly hoovering up those who didn't buy the Wii U, but that's no bad thing.

E3 does have to be good though, as in "their very best output". Let's assume Breath of the Wild, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Splatoon 2 and Mario Odyssey are going to be the main games from those franchises (perhaps combined with DLC). I'd say E3 2017 actually needs Metroid in order to not be disappointing... a similar story for Animal Crossing. I'm also hoping to see some sort of Kid Icarus game.

Basically, they need to sell Switch to people ASAP, even if that means front loading everything.

I'm pretty content with the Switch lineup for the rest of the year as ARMS, Splatoon 2 and Super Mario Odyssey is probably enough for me to be playing in addition to the Virtual Console which surely will launch by Autumn :smile:

As much as I'd love E3 to be amazing, I kinda have a feeling that Nintendo won't dig too deeply into what is coming beyond 2017 so we may not see anything particularly special. I suspect we'll see a Switch version of the most recent Super Smash Bros, with a few tweaks and additions, an Animal Crossing reveal, the Mario and Rabbids RPG and a party game that makes use of the Joy-Con.

I think we'll also see what Retro have been cooking but I fear it may be a new IP that somehow won't be of interest to me.. but hopefully I'm wrong :heh:

The rest of the year for me now is probably just Mario. I expect I'll get Xenoblade but I just cant see it coming out in 2017.

Switch's first year is good. You don't have to like all the games, but what they've got, combined with eShop, is providing plenty to play. It's partly hoovering up those who didn't buy the Wii U, but that's no bad thing.

E3 does have to be good though, as in "their very best output". Let's assume Breath of the Wild, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Splatoon 2 and Mario Odyssey are going to be the main games from those franchises (perhaps combined with DLC). I'd say E3 2017 actually needs Metroid in order to not be disappointing... a similar story for Animal Crossing. I'm also hoping to see some sort of Kid Icarus game.

Basically, they need to sell Switch to people ASAP, even if that means front loading everything.

At the moment they are practically selling what is on the shelf. No need to panic and frontload. There is enough to content for 2017 to get them through comfortably.

i'm having a great time with the Switch currently.

Zelda was incredible. Me and my other half loved SnipperClips and some of the 1-2 Switch games. Lego City Undercover I enjoyed a lot.

Now MK8 Deluxe is a joy to play anywhere.

I'm looking forward to Arms, will potentially pick up Splatoon 2, can't wait for Sonic Mania, the other main Sonic game and Yooka-Laylee releasing (I'll be double dipping that) plus Mario and all of the eShop titles I haven't even bought yet.

It's a great console and I'm enjoying it way more than I thought I would.

The upcoming games list works for me so I'm excited!

It's been delayed for almost a month, but I'll finally be getting my Official Switch Carry case with the Zelda design tomorrow. Thank goodness I'll have a proper and safe way to carry my Switch on the go. Was using my GAME brand 3DS Mario case, a bit clumsy but it worked.

i'm having a great time with the Switch currently.

Zelda was incredible. Me and my other half loved SnipperClips and some of the 1-2 Switch games. Lego City Undercover I enjoyed a lot.

Now MK8 Deluxe is a joy to play anywhere.

I'm looking forward to Arms, will potentially pick up Splatoon 2, can't wait for Sonic Mania, the other main Sonic game and Yooka-Laylee releasing (I'll be double dipping that) plus Mario and all of the eShop titles I haven't even bought yet.

It's a great console and I'm enjoying it way more than I thought I would.

The upcoming games list works for me so I'm excited!

Zelda is consuming my life. I don't like to have multiple games on the go, so I still haven't started MK8, Snake Pass, Tumble Seed, Graceful Explosion Machine, Kamiko, Wonder Boy, Shovel Knight SoT, Puyo Puyo... arghhh...

Yeah I wish I liked puyo puyo or tetris... but no.

Otherwise that would be on my list too.

@Ronnie's like one of those cool bots where you quote them, and they appear in the thread and list off a random selection of Switch games.

@Ronnie's like one of those cool bots where you quote them, and they appear in the thread and list off a random selection of Switch games.

I wouldn't go around calling people bots with a name like yours.

In an attempt to prevent any further scratching down either side of my Switch screen, however mild, I found some wooden floor protectors in a drawer that are designed to stick to the bottom of furniture to prevent scratching to your floor.

I stuck a few inside the Switch dock and the console slides down in comfortable with no wobble and, hopefully, much better protected from the poorly designed dock. I just hope the protectors don't di any damage of their own, either by way of leaving circular marks on the screen or scratching it themselves :eek:

I ended up diving in with a Switch.

I've got a setup where I've got a gaming room where I spend my time on the Xbox One and PC and it's where I generally like to play so I can be in party chat with friends etc. But, I'll also want to use the Switch on the big screen downstairs for the local MP.

It's the perfect console for this if only I could find another dock. The best I've seen is £84 on eBay which is a joke for an oversized HDMI adapter!

My phone charger stopped working and thankfully I can use my Switch one (or the standard to USB-C cable that came with the phone but that's not as quick).

Nintendo did something right for once :heh:

Is there much reason for the dock to hide the screen? With the scratching issues, do you think Nintendo will make a shorter dock? Kinda like how SNES and N64 games slide in about an inch and leave the rest exposed.

I think the main reason that the dock hides the screen is to differentiate it from the Wii U and make it clear that you can't use the screen in docked mode. There's no technical reason for it to block the screen.

Is there much reason for the dock to hide the screen?

I don't think so but I guess it differentiates it further from the Wii U and emphasises the fact that Switch is a single screen experience.

Anyway, is anyone else falling in love with the Joy-Con? :love:

Admittedly, my very first impression of the controllers was one of slight trepidation as it felt overly compromised to aid portability and multiplayer out of the box. That has completely changed over the last 2 months to the point where I'm finding more traditional controllers, like the Dualshock 4, bulky by comparison :eek:

My hands are small and everything just seems to fit me perfectly whether in portable mode, in the grip or simply a single Joy-Con by itself! I may have 4 of them but my wife and I have been more than happy to play Mario Kart with a Joy-Con each with the wrist straps attached. In fact, I can't wait to play SNES games like Donkey Kong Country and Super Mario Kart together this way :hehe:

The lack of D-Pad currently isn't a problem but I genuinely feel like we'll adapt just fine without it.

I'm excited to try out different configurations and adore the versatility without needing to attach classic controllers or other peripherals.

Joy-Con are awesome :yay:

I like the Joy-Cons...

...but I adore the Pro Controller. ;)

What I do love though is your enthusiasm for them @nekunando and the way that they seem to be fitting in well with your gaming life for you and your wife. :smile:

It's nice because you can just play any way you want to, the Pro Controller just feels right to me for every game so far but I play Zelda in portable mode a fair bit as well, especially when scanning in amiibo figures, Joy-Cons are certainly easier for that. :)

Of course when ARMS is released, I'll certainly be getting more mileage out of them, I might even end up using the second coloured pair I've had sitting on my desk, attached to the charging grip for the past couple of months, I even have the mini wheel shells for Mario Kart which I've yet to even take out of the box... :blank:

I think I just need more time to get used to them, one thing I really like is that they feel so much better in portable mode than the sliders on the 3DS ever were, plus I don't have to worry so much about breaking them like the one on my old 3DS XL which I totally destroyed over time thanks largely to Monster Hunter. :blush:

Anyway, is anyone else falling in love with the Joy-Con? :love:

I'm still not a fan of them. I have large hands ( you're talking to someone who had zero issues using The Duke ) so the controls seem too small to be really comfortable, an issue that I also have with the Vita. I also don't like the positioning of the + and - buttons. They seem too far out of the way compared to the rest of the buttons.

I tried using the Joy-Cons separately the other day but I didn't care for that setup up one bit. Again, they feel too small for my hands and there's not enough weight to them.

The Joy-Con grip is my go to thing to use when playing on the big screen but even that doesn't feel great. I like my controllers to have a bit of weight to them and this just feels too light for a traditional controller. I'll probably pick up a Pro Controller at some point as I always prefer a standard pad to stuff like the Wiimote or Joy-Cons.

In other news, I really need to pick up a spare charger. I tend to play a lot of the Switch in handheld mode during the weekend while the football is on. I was playing Mario Kart like this yesterday and I had to keep putting it in the dock in between matches to get a quick charge. I'll probably look to pick one up this week.

I never really like using the joycons, don't find them comfortable and the right stick location just isn't right.

Just added a bunch of people as Switch friends. We should get some MK8 on the go soon.