NEurope
Ashley

General Switch Discussion

Supposedly leaked pics from Smash Bros Switch:

1496160918269.png

1496160944342.png

1496161010739.png

From 4Chan so take it with a spoon of salt.

Hori have shown off how voice chat will work on the Switch.

DBOQupHUQAA-yjk.png

I like the look/design of the actual headset and that's about as far as the positives go.

Ive no idea how this thing will even work if it's docked. Also, tough luck in you have an iPhone 7 as you'll have to fork out for a jack.

DBOQupHUQAA-yjk.png

I like the look/design of the actual headset and that's about as far as the positives go.

Ive no idea how this thing will even work if it's docked. Also, tough luck in you have an iPhone 7 as you'll have to fork out for a jack.

To be fair, that's not the official solution. That's one HORI has done to allow for game sound and voice chat to both go through headphones

To be fair, that's not the official solution. That's one HORI has done to allow for game sound and voice chat to both go through headphones

I never said it was official. All I'm saying is Hori is showing how it will work. It's quite a mess.

It might not be the official way, but its more then likely the only way, as its unlikely Nintendo are releasing their own headsets. I also find it unlikely that HORI would have made that extra box unless they needed to. Also, those headphones are going to be available as in-game gear:

DBOVaVFUwAAXvyb.jpg

I can't imagine Nintendo would put the HORI headset in the game if they had their own headset on the way as well.

If anyone comes in here and defends the voice chat setup then seriously I don't know what's wrong with you. That setup is truly embarrassing.

Yeah, this is Hori's setup.

Let's wait and see what Nintendo's official setup will be like. Surely they have a much simpler version...

But fuck me sideways, what is Hori thinking? Could it be more cumbersome? And how would that work in docked mode?

Same old Nintendo making something much more hassle than its worth.

This looks like a joke. You have to plug the headphones into the the switch and the phone. That's ridiculous.

What does one do if the dock is on the other side of the room.

This may be hori's setup but as mentioned the fact the headset is in the game does suggest Nintendo won't have their own headset.

Why would Hori make you have to use two devices with the headphones if it is wasn't necessary?

Edited by liger05

DBOQupHUQAA-yjk.png

You get one free with the iPhone.

This is fucking abysmal. So we were all wondering How we were going to listen to in game and voice chat. Well

This monstrosity solves that....

Not ideal. But I'd always rather have one ear piece and listen to the sound from sound system anyway.

You get one free with the iPhone.

Wait, so they removed the jack from the phone but then gave people a free adaptor for it? Very strange move.

At least it's not any extra expense for iPhone 7 users then.

Stolen from Gaf.

0f0fd24265117730db627g8rqu.gif

:D

Edited by Hero-of-Time

Wait, so they removed the jack from the phone but then gave people a free adaptor for it? Very strange move.

Stolen from Gaf.

Yeah but their new phone is now 0.15mm thinner as a result!

The cable will be probably be really short like the NES classic pads were. Guarantee it.

Stolen from Gaf.

Pretty much yeah. I guess it's to ease the transition...

Wonder if the voice chat service will launch with splatoon? Can't see Mario kart or arms working with it unfortunately... going to be yet another baby step I fear.

I actually saw someone using that iPhone cable thing yesterday. Looked weird.

Same old Nintendo making something much more hassle than its worth.

This looks like a joke. You have to plug the headphones into the the switch and the phone. That's ridiculous.

What does one do if the dock is on the other side of the room.

This may be hori's setup but as mentioned the fact the headset is in the game does suggest Nintendo won't have their own headset.

Why would Hori make you have to use two devices with the headphones if it is wasn't necessary?

They wouldn't.

This is hori coming up with a solution to Nintendo's crazy idea.

Nintendo best improve on this shower of shite solution!

Reggie "we want to reinforce the capability to take your experience with you on the go.... The ability to do matchmaking, voice chat through your phone, it's a hell of a lot more convenient than having a gamer headset stuck into your backpack trying to do that. That's why we're doing it the way we are. We see the convenience, we see the ease of delivery. We think it's going to lead to a better experience."

They must have things backwards again..

Yeah i know this is designed by Hori but after seeing that do i really have hope for the Nintendo version, nope.

Asked a mate what he thinks will be Nintendo's official solution. He sent me this:

8210762750_7642b21e39_b.jpg

This is absolutely awful.

The wires will need to be insanely long for this to even function but it's a complete joke. On what world is this more convenient? Are they imagining us having iPhones on speaker for voice chat or something?

I want game sound and chat through one headset because it's the best solution. It didn't need to be one or other, I'm still praying that there's a phone app and an app on the switch itself for a "gamer headset" but it seems incredibly unlikely now.

Nintendo have serious work to do to win me over on this one.

DBOQupHUQAA-yjk.png

Pinch me to end the nightmare. Pinch me!

To be honest this isnt exactly much of a shock. This is Nintendo after all (or Hori but still). This stuff has sounded like a mess since we heard they'd be using an app.

Its stuff like this which means I absolutely wont be paying any online fee they decide to charge. I'll just stick to playing online games elsewhere as with previous generations.