NEurope
Ashley

General Switch Discussion

Stupidly strong numbers. Hopefully they can keep the momentum up.

My concern, which I raised in the thread the other day, is the lack of Switch consoles in stock at the moment. They really need to get their fingers out and sort out the situation. The sales could have been a hell of a lot higher if stock was there. I'm hoping, with the arrival of Mario Kart, that stock arrives tomorrow at various outlets.

The Nintendo Store says they are getting more stock tomorrow, they had restocked on the last Direct but that must have sold through again. No idea what the situation is with other retailers though.

The Nintendo Store says they are getting more stock tomorrow, they had restocked on the last Direct but that must have sold through again. No idea what the situation is with other retailers though.

Shopto stock has been in and out all week. Argos have had nothing for a couple of weeks now and the same goes for most GAME stores around the country.

Stupidly strong numbers. Hopefully they can keep the momentum up.

My concern, which I raised in the thread the other day, is the lack of Switch consoles in stock at the moment. They really need to get their fingers out and sort out the situation. The sales could have been a hell of a lot higher if stock was there. I'm hoping, with the arrival of Mario Kart, that stock arrives tomorrow at various outlets.

They're doing their best.

Remember, their original plan was just for 2 million Switch to hit the market by the end of March and they wrecked that plan and obviously have ramped up production.

They underestimated demand (which makes sense after the Wii U). They're working hard to meet demand

Do we think they might be trying to rectify the joy con issue at source as well? That would hold things up quite significantly with a view to less problems in the future

They're doing their best.

Remember, their original plan was just for 2 million Switch to hit the market by the end of March and they wrecked that plan and obviously have ramped up production.

They underestimated demand (which makes sense after the Wii U). They're working hard to meet demand

I apologise. I didn't realise you've been visiting their factories, checking the production output and looking at how the work force are performing. :p

Do we think they might be trying to rectify the joy con issue at source as well? That would hold things up quite significantly with a view to less problems in the future

Yeah, this is a fair shout.

Edited by Hero-of-Time

I apologise. I didn't realise you've been visiting their factories, checking the production output and looking at how the work force are performing. :p

Well now you know :p

Surely, SURELY they are going to have stock available for Mario Kart release. They are advertising it a lot and it will be crazy if nobody can buy the console tomorrow. Imagine you see the tv advert, rock up to the shop tomorrow to be told there are no consoles available and you've got £300 sitting in your skyrocket. Are you going home or buying a PS4?

Surely, SURELY they are going to have stock available for Mario Kart release. They are advertising it a lot and it will be crazy if nobody can buy the console tomorrow. Imagine you see the tv advert, rock up to the shop tomorrow to be told there are no consoles available and you've got £300 sitting in your skyrocket. Are you going home or buying a PS4?

It seems online stores like Amazon, Tesco Direct, Shopto and GAME have got some stock in today. Hopefully the brick and mortar stores will get some in as well. If Argos get some stock in I can see myself finally picking one up tomorrow.

If Argos get some stock in I can see myself finally picking one up tomorrow.

Didn't take long!

you've got £300 sitting in your skyrocket. Are you going home or buying a PS4?

Can't tell if Cockney Rhyming Slang or autocorrect...

It seems online stores like Amazon, Tesco Direct, Shopto and GAME have got some stock in today. Hopefully the brick and mortar stores will get some in as well. If Argos get some stock in I can see myself finally picking one up tomorrow.

I have an extra grey console if you're interested?

Can't tell if Cockney Rhyming Slang or autocorrect...

you're avin a giraffe son

I have an extra grey console if you're interested?

Thanks for the offer but I have a few Argos vouchers to use up and I want to get a console from a local shop ( for local people :D ) just in case anything is wrong with it and I need to return it.

Cheers, though.

Neon is in stock at Amazon. Use code VG20OFF150 to bring it down to £260 (not tested it myself).

I've mentioned this before but I just noticed again while swapping out games. I hate how wobbly and unsecure the console feels when docked, swapping games or even just pressing the power button leaves me feeling like im going to break something.

Disappointed to see that none of the Argos stores near where I live or work got any consoles in stock for Mario Kart. As I mentioned yesterday, I could have easily seen myself picking one up today. Ah, well, I guess i'll be playing on my other consoles/handheld over the long weekend.

Can't meet the demand.

This thing is just flying off shelves.

Gamestop stores across the country may have gotten new shipments of the Nintendo Switch in advance of the Mario Kart 8 Deluxe release, but if you didn't already know that probably missed them. Nintendo's new hybrid living room/portable console started flying off of store shelves on day one, and it shows no sign of slowing down anytime soon. It's good news for Nintendo, a company that badly needed a win with its core console business after the tepid response to the Wii U and good news for the Nintendo fans that have managed to get their hands on one of the things.

"It's exceeding our expectations," he said. "We knew it would be a high demand product, but our Switch allocations are selling out not in days, but in hours...the demand is so high that consumers have to react quickly to be able to get their hands on them."

And while specific predictions about future supply or demand are tough to come by, nobody seems to be banking on supply stabilizing any time soon. At this point, demand still seems to be riding a launch window peak where machines are selling out immediately, at least for all intents and purposes.

"Right now we're not seeing sales going down at all, and I would expect that to continue for quite some time," said Bright

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidth.../#78d2ae55e525

The Switch is fantastic, so it's no wonder it's flying off the shelves. Great news, but sucks for people trying to get one.

Yeah I'm glad it's doing well. As I said previously the concept just works.

Although in saying that, they really do need to sort out these stock issues. Fair play they didn't anticipate this level of demand but it's reached the stage where people who want one have to keep an eye on stores/stock trackers, 24/7. Even then it can be extremely difficult to get hold of one - I'm speaking from experience.

Sort it out Ninty!

Yeah I'm glad it's doing well. As I said previously the concept just works.

Although in saying that, they really do need to sort out these stock issues. Fair play they didn't anticipate this level of demand but it's reached the stage where people who want one have to keep an eye on stores/stock trackers, 24/7. Even then it can be extremely difficult to get hold of one - I'm speaking from experience.

Sort it out Ninty!

It's not as easy as people think to sort it out though, and it takes weeks in order to do it

It is done!

1o4426.jpg

GAME at the Metro Centre ended up getting a load of Switch stock yesterday. I decided to drive down today and trade in a load of PS4/Vita games that had been platinumed but had just been sitting on the shelf. Along with getting rid of those games, I noticed that for some strange reason CEX were offering £102 cash for the limited edition of Persona 5. I only paid £75 for it so figured I would get the cash for that. Once everything was traded in at GAME, and cash was dealt out from CEX, I didn't have to pay a penny towards my Switch. :D

I've also snapped up Kamiko and Blaster Master Zero from the eShop. Let the games begin!

It is done!

1o4426.jpg

GAME at the Metro Centre ended up getting a load of Switch stock yesterday. I decided to drive down today and trade in a load of PS4/Vita games that had been platinumed but had just been sitting on the shelf. Along with getting rid of those games, I noticed that for some strange reason CEX were offering £102 cash for the limited edition of Persona 5. I only paid £75 for it so figured I would get the cash for that. Once everything was traded in at GAME, and cash was dealt out from CEX, I didn't have to pay a penny towards my Switch. :D

I've also snapped up Kamiko and Blaster Master Zero from the eShop. Let the games begin!

Nice one, Hero-of-Time! Welcome to the club. I knew you'd buy Zelda too - bet you go through it in preparation for the DLC as well! : peace:

It's not as easy as people think to sort it out though, and it takes weeks in order to do it

Didn't say it was gonna be easy. A console launch is never easy but Nintendo haven't helped themselves. At the end of the day you've got plenty of people who want the console but can't get one. That = failure on their part IMO. Took me 3 weeks after launch for my own system to arrive.

The Switch has been a big success (so far) - doesn't mean there aren't improvements that Ninty could have made on the road to launching the thing. Don't wanna sound overly negative (I personally love my Switch) : peace:

It is done!

1o4426.jpg

Welcome to the light side my friend :)

Starting to regret not going digital with Mario Kart and Puyo Puyo, would have been way more convenient having them on the console so they are available at all times.