NEurope
Ashley

General Switch Discussion

The sleep mode is great. The 3DS one was terrible but this has minimal drain in sleep mode.

Makes sense, considering the lack of Streetpass support on Switch.

I'm still disappointed to see that nobody has done a battery test for ideal conditions yet (lowest brightness, flight mode, playing a simple game like Shovel Knight etc). I've noticed that the battery drain is a lot lower on games like Blaster Master Zero than Zelda and this guy managed to get 5 hours 12 mins leaving it on the main menu, but he still had it on full brightness and with wireless enabled. Interested in seeing someone do an idyllic test...

Edited by Dcubed

I'm sure this has dropped in price, but can't find out what it was before, retail copy of Puyo Puyo Tetris now 30.85 UK Pounds at Base;

here

Just a question I can't recall being asked or not been made a big fuss over, why doesn't the Switch have some form of mobile data connectivity? Surely if the point is a home console you take on the go, then why not include some way of online gaming on the go without relying on wifi?

Haven't been following this thread much recently so apologies if we've already had a mass discussion on this.

I assume its just too expensive. The Vita had a version which could take a sim card and I dont think it was all that popular.

Just a question I can't recall being asked or not been made a big fuss over, why doesn't the Switch have some form of mobile data connectivity? Surely if the point is a home console you take on the go, then why not include some way of online gaming on the go without relying on wifi?

Haven't been following this thread much recently so apologies if we've already had a mass discussion on this.

These days it is so easy to create a 4G hotspot using your phone, few would see the need to pay for an extra SIM card. Better to pay for one contract with a load of data.

These days it is so easy to create a 4G hotspot using your phone, few would see the need to pay for an extra SIM card. Better to pay for one contract with a load of data.

Also there's free wifi almost everywhere.

Also there's free wifi almost everywhere.

Free WiFi almost everywhere? Where do you live?

I'd also rather avoid 95% of free WiFi hotspots over using my own data due to poor connections.

Out of curiosity, did anyone else receive a Nintendo Switch survey in their mail? Decided to help 'm out and fill it in, though as always with these things, I feel they could ask some better questions. Asking me how much I've used motion controls in the first 2 weeks when there are only two games out with motion controls (I believe?), which I didn't buy.. Hmm.

Asking me how much I've used motion controls in the first 2 weeks when there are only two games out with motion controls (I believe?), which I didn't buy.. Hmm.

Well strictly Zelda uses it. And the best part is that most of the time it's used in a way that enhances/refines the gameplay. Feels a bit like Splatoon in that sence, especialy while aiming arrows and going for a head (eye) shot ;)

Free WiFi almost everywhere? Where do you live?

Glasgow.

Seems like every major city in the U.K. you can't go outside without having a free hotspot somewhere.

Agree with person above that id rather use my own cellular data over wifi though.

bKXTtk8.png

Still waiting until next month to treat myself but I'm guessing stock's pretty thin on the ground right now?

bKXTtk8.png

Still waiting until next month to treat myself but I'm guessing stock's pretty thin on the ground right now?

Big change compared to the wii u. Wii U was easy to get after launch.

It's still early days but with Mario kart, splatoon, arms, xenoblade, Mario all in 2017 it could be a huge first 9 months.

Mario Kart could be huge. I really think multiplayer is gonna be massive in schools, college campus etc

I joined the Switch-wagon unexpectedly last week when I got one from my wife for my 30th birthday along with Zelda. I had promised her and myself that I wouldn't get one until I was done with my master thesis in June. Really happy with the console, doesn't seem to be faulty (I've not explicitly tested the JoyCons but I could easily move around in Zelda at 3 metres' distance).

Even my wife is impressed with it and enjoys looking at me running around in Zelda. :D

Any idea when we might be able to transfer saves from console to console? Is it on the cards at all?

Congratulations on becoming a Switch owner @MindFreak even if it is earlier than you anticipated, still what a surprise though. :D

Oh and give my condolences to your master thesis. ;)

I'm sure you'll be fine, all you need do is moderate your play time on Zelda... good luck. :p

Don't forget to let us know your Friend Code when you get the chance. : peace:

Also, Happy Birthday just gone and welcome to the "30 and over club" :)

Also, Happy Birthday just gone and welcome to the "30 and over club" :)

I'll be joining you all very soon :blush:

I'll be joining you all very soon :blush:

It's great. It's an illustrious club that features receding hairlines, angry rants, not understanding todays culture and hating everything to do with the younger generation.

cranky_kong_04.png

May also include a early midlife crisis when all your friends start having babies and you panic and try to move to Canada.

It's great. It's an illustrious club that features receding hairlines, angry rants, not understanding todays culture and hating everything to do with the younger generation.

cranky_kong_04.png

I'm there already.. apart from the receding hairline, for now :blank:

Any idea when we might be able to transfer saves from console to console? Is it on the cards at all?

Not possible currently, only photos can be copied to the SD card. I'd imagine we will see this and/or a cloud save option later this year. Pretty essential really as this is such a portable device compared to Wii U. Personally I'd be satisfied with fully automatic cloud saves and it would make the online service worth it for this alone.

I hope so. I started Zelda on Ashley's Switch. And...I might have actually picked my own up if I knew I could move my save onto it. It'd be very tempting. Too hard to resist, me thinks.

Oh and give my condolences to your master thesis. ;)

I'm sure you'll be fine, all you need do is moderate your play time on Zelda... good luck. :p

MindFreak - S.C.G.'s not kidding about this! : peace: :heh:

MindFreak - S.C.G.'s not kidding about this! : peace: :heh:

Haha, yeah. I've noticed my motivation for reading articles has dropped significantly since getting Zelda! But well. I'll just do it during working hours - reading, not playing Zelda (my work pays for my master so they also give me some hours to do it). :D