N-Europe

Choose my buttons

Molly

I just bought a new bright red coat! The buttons are also red (in the same fabric, kind of boring) and I want to change them. Please help me choose a button!

p1221.jpg

m1012.jpg

p1358.jpg

p1222.jpg

p1182.jpg

p1036.jpg

p1363.jpg

You can say none of them. I've only looked at one website! :heh:

I just bought a new bright red coat! The buttons are also red (in the same fabric, kind of boring) and I want to change them. Please help me choose a button!

[spoiler="BUTTONS

m1012.jpg

Just going by the buttons you have posted I quite like this design, But ideally with either a black or red coloured middle.

Have you thought about just brownsing your local markets for buttons, your bound to find something to really grab your attention instead of using a website-if you wear the coat as well you can match the buttons against your coat.

The first ones.
Agreed. Out of the ones you've posted.

Definately black buttons of some kind.

What's the coat? Are these MA-HU-SIVE buttons were talking about here, or small little ones. If they are big, plain black ones would be nice enough.

Edited by Retro_Link

To The Forum Management: Sewing is creative. Losers.

Thanks for the feedback lovely people. I'm gonna wear it tonight and see what people say. When I ask them about my buttons. Hmm.

Gentleben: I did think about going to a market/shop but I don't know anywhere in the local area that actually sells buttons.

Moogle: I am a granny. Leave me be.

Thanks for the feedback lovely people. I'm gonna wear it tonight and see what people say. When I ask them about my buttons. Hmm.

Gentleben: I did think about going to a market/shop but I don't know anywhere in the local area that actually sells buttons.

The third one. Don't listen to anyone else. Trust me. I will re-inforce my point when I see the coat. Properly.

Ha! I moved it - though mostly because you'd get more attention with the thread here :P

Plus - no.

Ha! I moved it - though mostly because you'd get more attention with the thread here :P

Plus - no.

Come on now, I hate attention ;)

No what? No to all of them?

I'm starting to think that myself. If I do this, I need to be sure. It's like choosing a husband.

p1221.jpg

Strange on, looks like a chicken with a hole in it's head. 5/10

m1012.jpg

Pretty, but maybe a bit oldlady-ish 7/10

p1358.jpg

I like it, but with that light it looks like an evil face. 8/10

p1222.jpg

Ooh, sort of organic like a fossil shell. 9/10

p1182.jpg

Lovely pattern, not sure if it would go with red though. 7/10

p1036.jpg

It's the moon! 6/10

p1363.jpg

Fancy, but maybe too fancy. 7/10

In conclusion, after those in depth reviews, I choose number 4. Note I am not known for my excellent fashion choices.