Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

I'm an individual!

jayseven

Prove it. What makes you so unique? Why should the rest of the world notice you in a crowd of strangers?

I like to think that I'm not only uncorrolative, but massively better than the rest of the population. I also believe that this is normal. So why are you better than the rest of teh world?

Henceforth is required my own reply to the question at hand.

Why are you awesome?

I am awesome because I can connect with other individuals very well. I can tell a lot about someone just by staring into their eyes. I was brought up with some handicaps but never let them get the better of me, until I was a teenager when I learned about angst, and I've not been able to leave them aside ever since.

Er, yeah. What was I saying? I dunno. I'll reply when sober. Pleasemakemytopicwork.

.... Hummmm, ok.

I suppose I was lucky, I was born into a family where my parents have the money to help me when needed. Wasn't really that great in school, but took extra classes outside to help me and that got me to where I am today, and made me who I am. I'll normally do anything to survive and prosper. Admittedly these knock backs helped me build a thick skin. Children can be cruel and the bullying I had then built me to be quite defensive. Once someone crosses that "line" I almost always get my own back. Maybe not at the time, but from little acorns great oaks grow. At the time it maybe unnoticeable but once it starts to spiral I normally feel satisfied. Anyway, this bring to to my point.

What make me particularly individual is my intuition. I can normally figure people out quite quickly. I often don't know how I do it. I don't necessarily judge a book by it's cover but once I read the first few pages I seem to be able to work out the basic plot. I strictly know who I always want to be around and who I don't.

Maybe I'm a little harsh, meh.

Finally, I seem to be a decent mediator. Possible middle-child syndrome. But this is something I'm only recently discovering.

Well, I was pretty hard hit with autism the first many years of my life. But with incredible help from my parents, psychologists, psychiatrists, and a great deal of stubbornness, I've managed to overcome many of my problems.

What separates me from the crowd ... hard to say exactly. I mean, (without trying to brag) I'm fairly intelligent and have a pretty sharp logic, but I'm also supposedly a really nice guy. I'm not afraid of being myself and admitting to being weird - because I am. I've also been told I'm pretty good on a stage, both with music and acting.

But I don't know if any of those things are actually that uncommon. The most special thing about me is without a doubt my victory over my handicap.

What makes me unique? Honestly, I don't really know.

I admit I'm more weird and unusual in my group of friends but at the same time, I'm the most popular (funny how that works). I can make people laugh and I listen to their problems and 9 times out of 10 I can solve them. I'm the only person I know who is ambidextrous at EVERYTHING. Like Dannyboy, I've also been told I'm very good on stage.

I've had many obstacles and I've conquered them all and proved everyone wrong.

I don't know what else and to be honest, I don't think I'm unique but I don't think I'm like everyone else at the same time. I don't know.

I can't help but wonder if this topic came about partially from my reply to Ell in the HWYD thread but anyway as I said before there isn't really such a thing as originality in people because pretty much everything we've done has been done before by someone else etc but uniqueness is different because everyone is unique in their own way, as for what makes me unique though? *Fuck knows... :blank:

*Will post something if/as-and-when I think of it

I also have a fairly bleak look on 'uniqueness' I'm afraid. I think it's normal to think you're totally unique etc... but I think we're all nowhere near as different as we'd like to think and fundamentally very very similar. Which isn't a bad thing. I think there's almost too much pressure to BE unique, an image that's been force fed to us through the media since we were small. And when you realise that you're not that unique... it's kinda depressing.

But yeah, I don't think there's anything wrong with being completely average and that's what I consider myself to be! :)

I'm the reason for this whole existence. All of this was created for me, by me. None of you are "real" merely just my own creation. I'm not really sat at a computer talking to other people sat on a computer, I just think I am, that's just my perception. Who am I really? Where am I? What am I? God knows. Perhaps I'll find out when I die. But in this universe. In my universe. I am the centre, the sole reason for being, the Alpha and Omega.

I'm the reason for this whole existence. All of this was created for me, by me. None of you are "real" merely just my own creation. I'm not really sat at a computer talking to other people sat on a computer, I just think I am, that's just my perception. Who am I really? Where am I? What am I? God knows. Perhaps I'll find out when I die. But in this universe. In my universe. I am the centre, the sole reason for being, the Alpha and Omega.

What he said. Except the bit about finding out why once we die.

I liked to think I was unique, and I definitely felt I was better than a lot of people when I was younger (13-15 roughly), I wasn't a douche or immature really, compared to a lot of people I knew.

But more and more I only feel unique in a negative way. Unique is tossed around as a word with implicit positive connotations, but I don't feel that way. I have an increasing self-loathing as of late, seemingly in tandem with gaining more and more close friends. I think it's a product of dissapointment in myself, inabilty to understand parts of life, my own failings and lack of willpower, and jealousy. I mostly feel pointlessly self-concious all the time (to the point I don't do do things I want to, and other people are) except at home/with my best friends. I mostly always feel like the ugly, unthreatening one people like and get along great with, but aren't attracted to in any way, shape or form.

Edited by Paj!

I think a lot, and observe (be it people, systems, problems etc.) from the outside and prefer to be on that side of things. I'm quite introvert naturally but that doesn't mean I'm antisocial, but I much prefer to be a lone wolf than one of the pack.

My imagination is quite vast and this usually leads me into vivid daydreams. I find sometimes also that in my sleep I almost always dream about problems I'm having, and in such find a solution. I also seem to be a good mediator too, having two older and two younger siblings I'm smack bang in the middle.

Also, kind of like Gizmo, I have sectoral heterochromia in my left eye. It's mostly brown but there's a random golden green patch, which physically speaking sets me apart. I like my eyes :)

Also, kind of like Gizmo, I have sectoral heterochromia in my left eye. It's mostly brown but there's a random golden green patch, which physically speaking sets me apart. I like my eyes :)

Mine is the whole eye - babies are born with colourless (though light usually makes them look blue/green) eyes and then have melonin colour them by about 6 months. My right eye never produced any melonin, hence I have an awesome blue/green/grey right eye.

Jay, you make less sense when you're sober.

I ascribe to the school of thought that we're not unique. We're differentiable compositions or common qualities.

we're like books. The same language, the same alphabet and lexicon just arranged in a different way. I see it like that, rather than us all being different copies of teh same book only with randomly folded-down corners, odd occasional ink-blots, or even pages missing.

Even if we are all just another gun in Borderlands, we're still unique. People saying "lol i'm uniq liek evrun eels" as if that's some sort of challenging response are just wasting time. Even if we can't quantify it, we all know it's true.

I just guess I was hoping people would be more egotistical and self-analytical than they have (excusing those who actually gave it a go!)

Fobbit upyer your face.

The correct response is "ye git fobbits fer gobbins"