Jump Up- Major Lazer

LAZER.jpg

Youtube

We7

Spotify: spotify:track:6wpHYMKLK49pPzkC97PE5i

---

Round 1

Match 1: Joy Division vs. Nine Inch Nails

Match 2: Patrick Wolf vs. Dashboard Confessional?

Match 3: Daft Punk vs. Major Lazer?

---

Get listening, then vote!

Edited by Paj!

Hmm the Daft Punk video doesn't work for me (copyright restrictions), but I know the song by heart now heheh.

The Jump Up song is okay, but it's not something I'd really listen to again. Aerodynamic on the other hand is a song I could listen to again and again. It's just so good. So it gets my vote. =D

Dan: I also really love the remix they did, and almost picked that for the Music Wars, but then I decided I should stick to the original. But yeah, the remix is awesome. =D

There was something about Major Lazer that struck well with me. I quite liked it, but I wouldn't listen to it often.

Daft Punk are in a genre that just doesn't appeal to me, but Daft Punk do sit really well with me and Discovery is a quality album, and Aerodynamic is a quality track. So that's where my vote goes.

Hahahaa, Major Lazer is actually pretty funky. I'm kinda grooving out to it right now.

But, mega tough decision, as Aerodynamic is one of my favourite Daft of Punks songs. It's so bluddy good.

It's a bit of a shame that the two had to meet so early on, because I would like to see Major Lazer continue. But, I'm going to have to go for Daft Punk, purely because I think that is slightly more awesome than Jump Up.

Major Lazer wasn't too bad. The kind of thing you would ironically dance to in an R&B room of a club (or at least I would ironically dance to as I am very white). However Daft Punk gets my love :)

Oh and Eenuh I dunno how we7 works. It works for me personally...

Daft Punk. The Major Lazer song was alright, got a rather catchy rhythm to it that's funky but I liked the Daft Punk song better, although I'm sure there are better Daft Punk songs than that. I don't know what they are because I don't listen to them personally but I'd hope they had better given how many people go on about them.

While I appreciated Major Lazer, I preferred Aerodynamic. I didn't think Aerodynamic was THAT amazing though. I think I prefer Justice to Daft Punk for a "similar" thing.

Daft Punk - 9

Major Lazer - 1

I wouldn't say Justice and Daft Punk are that similar. Justice are more 'extreme'/'hardcore' (can't be bothered to think of a better word) whereas Daft Punk have a bigger range. Although obviously part of this is DP has been around for longer.

I wouldn't say Justice and Daft Punk are that similar. Justice are more 'extreme'/'hardcore' (can't be bothered to think of a better word) whereas Daft Punk have a bigger range. Although obviously part of this is DP has been around for longer.

Yeah, I put similar things in quotation marks, because they're kjust grouped together in my head, loosely. And Daft Punk just never seem to give me the bite I want. Maybe if I saw them live/heard their stuff in a club or something. (Not saying it's bad or anything)

So yeah, as you may have read in the HWYD thread, my mac just won't turn on. I'm fearing the worst (i.e losing everything), so this may take a hiatus until I can either get my mac working again, or retype it all out again.