N-Europe

What game do you want for your 'Other Console'?

dwarf

Yes this thread has probably been done before but I am bored, just glance at time of post.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK so with the PS3 I have found that all of my shooting, adventure, racing and niche game needs have been fulfilled. However there is one game, or rather, one genre I really want back. His name is Mr.Platformer.

It seems to me that no-one is making him anymore and it's me doing all the jumping up and down in frustration, not a little icon on the television. With the Wii there is a great array of platformers and I would like to see some HD efforts. I don't care whether it's 2D or 3D I just want a new and original title.

So what game would you like, or what sort of game do you feel is missing on your system(s)?

Edited by dwarf

I also miss platformers! Ratchet should be good at end of year though! + like u said the wii does have some good efforts.

I'm also missing Mr. Platformer. Which is odd as The Platform Kings are owned by Microsoft.

Yeah, so true. Hopefully we will see another platformer from them one day...

Why don't companies make a Mario-rival? I just don't get it. 3D platform games are RIDICULOUSLY good. SMG is a masterpiece. Why won't people just try?

Makes me very sad. Very sad indeed. Still SMG2 will be just a treat. I really need more though. Actually not fair.

I want some decent JRPGs. This generation has been dire for them when it has come to consoles.

Yeah agreed. PS3 has especially been dire in my eyes.

Why don't companies make a Mario-rival? I just don't get it. 3D platform games are RIDICULOUSLY good. SMG is a masterpiece. Why won't people just try?

Makes me very sad. Very sad indeed. Still SMG2 will be just a treat. I really need more though. Actually not fair.

Yeah its true there is no way as many as there used to be in the 90's but they kinda went out of fashion. I think back then platformers were the way to mark a console, the platformers with the flashiest graphics showed off, think of how Sonic's well marketed blast processing made people think Sonic and the Megadrive were far more powerful than Mario and the SNES could ever be. Then as we moved into 3D despite 3D platformers intially being the standard bearer for 3D (and why we saw the equally huge deluge of 3D platformers as we did 2D) it quickly became the FPS that showed off the high graphical fidelity of systems and thats why we perhaps don't see as many as we used to.

Yes this thread has probably been done before but I am bored, just glance at time of post.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK so with the PS3 I have found that all of my shooting, adventure, racing and niche game needs have been fulfilled. However there is one game, or rather, one genre I really want back. His name is Mr.Platformer.

It seems to me that no-one is making him anymore and it's me doing all the jumping up and down in frustration, not a little icon on the television. With the Wii there is a great array of platformers and I would like to see some HD efforts. I don't care whether it's 2D or 3D I just want a new and original title.

So what game would you like, or what sort of game do you feel is missing on your system(s)?

Have you tried Bionic Commando Re-armed? Its an awesome 2D platformer, probably the best one out at the moment.

Anyway, I wouldn't mind a nice MMO, definitely a gap in the console market there.

Have you tried Bionic Commando Re-armed? Its an awesome 2D platformer, probably the best one out at the moment.

Anyway, I wouldn't mind a nice MMO, definitely a gap in the console market there.

Really didn't like the Bionic Commando demo, couldn't get on with the controls and not being able to jump was just annoying, especially when you had to swing over a 1ft high box.

I also think some puzzle games would be nice, OK there are a few entries on PSN but I'd like a large puzzle based game, don't know what I have in mind but it's another thing I think this gen hasn't seen quite as much popularity.

Really didn't like the Bionic Commando demo, couldn't get on with the controls and not being able to jump was just annoying, especially when you had to swing over a 1ft high box.

I also think some puzzle games would be nice, OK there are a few entries on PSN but I'd like a large puzzle based game, don't know what I have in mind but it's another thing I think this gen hasn't seen quite as much popularity.

when you say large puzzle based game, what do you mean as in a third person adventure with a lot of puzzles, or just a largely puzzle based game? or something totally different. I keep meaning to pick up the puzzle collection UMD for PSP that has lemmings, go puzzle and something else on it, always see it cheaper than it would be to download them all seperatly...

I don't really know. Maybe a 3rd person thing like Alan Wake, solving mysteries/puzzles but just get rid of the god damn guns!

I don't think a full £30 game like Lemmings is value anymore, which is why we have PSN.

I agree with Pit-Jr, Dragon Quest is what's missing. Dragon Quest VIII was so good, it's a shame to not see IX and X on the HD consoles.

Other than that, I'd like to see some games similar to Zelda and Shadow of the Colossus. Zelda clones used to be really good (Landstalker, Story of Thor 2).

A decent sci-fi racing game. Unfortunately Nintendo seem to have abandoned the F-Zero franchise, and Extreme-G is pretty much dead. Microsoft did have Quantum Redshift on the original Xbox, I'm guessing that sold too badly to bother with a sequel though.

A decent sci-fi racing game. Unfortunately Nintendo seem to have abandoned the F-Zero franchise, and Extreme-G is pretty much dead. Microsoft did have Quantum Redshift on the original Xbox, I'm guessing that sold too badly to bother with a sequel though.

Us Sony owners do still have Wipeout, but yeah one of my favourite genres...

Don't recoginize the name btw, you new if so welcome :yay::yay::yay:

A Jet Set Radio game.

I am in dire need for one.

Also, more survival horror... this generation has been a bit slim pickings when it comes to that genre.

Shut up, all of you. What we need is Shenmue 3!

YES!

I want some decent JRPGs. This generation has been dire for them when it has come to consoles.

Agreed! Atleast the DS is overflowing with them, but that doesn't mean we don't want to play something epic on the big screen too. Skies of Arcadia sequel please! :cry: (On Wii!)

Agreed! Atleast the DS is overflowing with them, but that doesn't mean we don't want to play something epic on the big screen too. Skies of Arcadia sequel please! :cry: (On Wii!)

Bah ill take that on anything, even the 360 which i dont own!

Bah ill take that on anything, even the 360 which i dont own!

So true. :(

kinda missing the jrpgs myself, also, nothing zelday right now, which makes me sad.

i would like a game then gently reassured me and gave me regular hugs, but thats probely more down to my lack of self essteme that any real gap in the sony market.

Nintendogs is the game you need! :heh:

Nintendogs is the game you need! :heh:

Hardest. Game. Ever.

"Voice not recognised please try again."

**** YOU NINTENDOGS! ALL I WANTED TO DO WAS NAME THE DAMN MUTT!

I've got to agree with Skies of Arcadia - ideally, a remake for the 360/PS3 and then a sequel using the same engine. I want to see that belly dancer in HD! ;)

OutRun 3 would also be lovely.

Perhaps using the beautiful Valkyria Chronicles (still not completed it) engine, Skies of Arcadia would look awesome that hand drawn look.