N-Europe

Michael Jackson Dead

ReZourceman

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

was happily eating a blueberry muffin and drinking a cuppa tea with jamba this morning when i noticed the little scrolling tributes along the screen in GMTV... when i read the words "michael" and "jackson" i think i musta shouted in disbelief 'cause our housemate was like WHAT'S GOING ONNNN?!?!

weird news!! sad...? i always kinda figured he was immortal... you know, they'd just replace the bits that broke or fell off as they went along.

i think the prospect of a 50 date tour would make anyone keel over.

I'm sure you're all aware but the music channels on TV are only playing MJ all day today and tomorrow.

Who'd have thought it 30 years ago; MTV playing a day of just Michael Jackson, a black (well he was then) artist. I guess that alone shows you the impact he's made.

I'm sure you're all aware but the music channels on TV are only playing MJ all day today and tomorrow.

Who'd have thought it 30 years ago; MTV playing a day of just Michael Jackson, a black (well he was then) artist. I guess that alone shows you the impact he's made.

Who ever thought MTV would actually play anymore music. Kerry Katona must be busy.

For people saying "oh he wasn't a paedophile, he just genuinely loved children..." - I think there's a social stereotype that a paedo is a dirty old man in the bushes who just wants to bugger some small child for pervy, lustrous reasons. I'm trying to say that paedophiles by definition love children, and while I still sit on the fence about the allegations against Jackson, I don't think that's a valid defense for going too far.

Well, I'm not defending him. I'm saying that I want to believe he wasn't a paedophile, not that I won't believe he was. I'm not trying to condone his actions if he was, either, but I do feel sorry for people with "bad" paraphilias. They can't control their urges, even if they know what they're doing is wrong. It's sad, really. Plus, MJ was troubled mentally in other ways, too, making his story even sadder, but also even more amazing when you think about his dreams for a better world.

You sure? I'd have said the ability to spell... ::indeed:

paedoflies can't spell, silly - they have too many eyes and their little legs are too small.

also they dont have any thumbs! (i think)

Well, I'm not defending him. I'm saying that I want to believe he wasn't a paedophile,

there's your bish, right there!! :grin: quick! to the TV! any music channel!!

Lol the jokes are stupid anyway, its not like many people take them seriously. At the end of the day, Jacko has done more for others than any other celeb there's ever been (52 charities he gave money too was it) and his death has shaken the world. Most of the people that spend their time making jokes about him are nowhere near as loved and respected and quite frankly, never will be.

I like how the sick jokes are okay in this thread, but any other (dead celebrity) thread they wouldn't of been tolerated. Cool. I guess.

Anything people can come up with to joke or even criticize him, pales in comparison to his greatness and legacy.

It just seems odd. I have laughed at a few jokes and told a few. I still am pretty gutted about it, which is odd... first time I've been upset by a celeb death. But... on these forums I seem to remember that anything bad said in an RIP thread was always frowned upon, but for Jacko... jokes are okay.

Seems odd, maybe that sums up the end of Michael Jackson., though.

Work was extremely annoying today. Radio 1 was on all the time and they were playing nothing but MJ music.

Then again, it's not really any worse than the other stuff they play.

At least they weren't playing stuff off his last album, other than rock my world it was largely tripe...