N-Europe

Wimbledon 2009

ReZourceman

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Makes a nice break from the nine month wankathon over football.

True, but people geniunely give a shit about football. A lot of these people at tennis are only there for a good day out and switch allegiences like their underpants.

Anyone else always find it hard to take a match between the Williams sisters seriously?

I'm sure it's not the case, but you can't help but think they're give each other points here and there to make it as close as possible; or even that before the match they've already decided who's gonna win this year and then just go out and give and give people something to watch.

IMO a match between the Williams sisters is possibly the most boring match imaginable!

I'm rooting for Serena right now. She's playing the best of the two, and besides, she's the most attractive, however shallow that sounds.

It's a sad day for women, when Serena is the nicest on show.

Man, Safina must of been rubbish!

The way Venus totally dominated her, it looked like Venus was in ultimate form, but she wasn't a match for Serena today (who had looked the weaker of the two this year up until now), and her apparent form was probably just a result of never being truely challenged in the draw.

Damn, if only Dementieva had beaten Serena! The fact she took Serena all the way meant she probably would have had a decent chance against Venus.

It was a rather lacklustre end to the Woman's tennis. The Dementieva/Serena match was far better than that. I wouldn't say Venus was s**t but she performed badly against her sister. Her serving was and is very poor and needs a hell of a lot of work given the serves that are coming from some of the younger players. But the match in general was just boring. It felt like I was watching a training match between the two. No real excitement.

Oh well, hopefully the men's final tomorrow will be better than that.

Well Federer just came across as an ABSOLUTE DICK in his inteview; all that crap about the hurt at not winning, he's got no fucking clue what Andy's going through (having already won 5 as Andy shouted to him). Didn't seem to me like the crowd liked it much too.

I think Roddick was the better player on the day; being able to break Federer, but fitness won through in the end.

Gutted for Roddick, he deserved it so much more and I really hope he gets a Wimbledon title one of these days!

Edited by Retro_Link

So unlucky Andy. I thought on the whole he deserved to win. Held serve like 10 times to stay in the match and just played exceptionally well. I didn't think Federer played his greatest but that's why he's such a legend. Roddick did start to tire in the end, which was always a risk having played so much Tennis this week. Federer backed up my belief that he is a total douchebag in his interview, what a dick.

If anything I just hope it makes Andy realize he belongs right at the top of the game.

Feel sorry for Roddick as he put up one hell of a fight for the title. Just such a shame that he couldn't get there in the end. But when you look at how much tennis Roddick has had to come through over the last few days, with Hewitt and Murray, compared with Federer I think it was inevitable that he wouldn't get to the end. Federer had the easiest of the draws which is a bit disgusting really.

But at the end of the day, Roddick played the best tennis he's ever played and with Steffanki as his coach, he's definitely on his way back up to the top and hopefully, he'll be able to win that second grand slam because he really does deserve it.

Not got much to say on Federer and the 15 grand slams other than congrats.