NEurope
ReZourceman

Wimbledon 2009

I'm glad someone made a thread. I expected Moria, but alas, he sucked.

I'm watching Federer right now. I think it's absolutely sickening how good he is. The guy isn't human.

And, I am heartbroken that Sharapova is out. :'(

Federer was untouchable the whole match, and if him and Murray get to the final, i can't see Murray winning it.

I laughed when Sharapova went out. Not entirely sure why as she's a great player but I think it was to do with the fact we won't hear anymore of her grunts for a little while now. The crowd really got behind the other person though. Was quite shocking considering neither were from the UK and that the crowd were clearly favouring the other woman.

There have been some good games though so far. Murray looked ok, not great. Lets hope he can step up his game because Federer is in the zone right now and would easily win in straight sets if they met in the final based on that performance. He walked away with both of his matches, although to be fair, the guy he played in the first round didn't play badly at all. Just that Federer was a much better player than him.

Del Potro is getting walked all over. Really don't understand it because he is the better player as of recently. But then this is what Wimbledon is all about.

Hes not confortable on grass it seems. Im not sure about his history on the surface, but he seems to be forgetting hes not on hardcourt at the moment. Like the commentators said, the back swings hes taking against Hewitts slice shots is wayyyyy too big. Add to that hes slipping and sliding all over the place, he doesnt look comfortable.

Meanwhile, hewitt is looking great. Ive got high hopes ^_^

Come on Tim!

Exactly what I was thinking! Last year, every time it went a bit quiet during the final, I'd randomly say "come on, Tim!". Somehow it remained funny all the way through...

COME ON!!! my man Hewitt's gone and done it!

Put in an awesome determined performance! He's always been my favourite player and that was a true example of why!

Plus he's always so full of character, animation and passion, unlike some players these days.

^ Doesn't look like it's going to happen but as much as I'd love a British winner, I'd rather see someone else get it. Hell, even Federer just to see him beat Sampras' record of 14 grand slams. Would love to see a Hewitt/Federer final based off of what I've seen in the men's draw so far.

Come on Gulbis!

Do tennis a favour and dump Murray out!

how does putting out one of the best players in the world do tennis a favour?

I'm interested in going next year,

Qs. Anyone know how you go about tickets... I guess they go on sale a few months in advance?... do you just select a day, and a court... then it's just down to the luck of the draw who you get to see?

If that's the case, how do Hewitts band of Aussi fans [the guys in the yellow T's] always get the right court?... unless he gets them priority tickets?

you have to put your name forward in December or something to get tickets for one of the days, but once you're in tickets for centre court are separate and you queue up on the day for those

at least I think that's how it works ;)

finals day are different of course

That 6ft 10" bloke is a very big joke

He serves; an ace - He plays tennis without grace

I was at the Federer match on Wednesday.

He's so amazing, and a joy to watch, especially when you're right there.

Here's a few pics:

4920_1164961477697_1037690061_501674_5098364_n.jpg

4920_1164961557699_1037690061_501676_6077742_n.jpg

4920_1164961637701_1037690061_501678_6243974_n.jpg

Those seats were reserved for the family of Federer's opponent.

sweet! what's with the empty seats!

That was near the start of the match. The Sharapova match beforehand had gone to 3 sets so a lot of people left to get food/go to the toilet etc. and came back into the Federer match after a few games.

Here's a pic of Maria:

4920_1164961397695_1037690061_501672_7757940_n.jpg

In response to the ticket question, you can just get in on the day. The smaller courts anyone can go into I think, or sit on Henman Hill. You have to queue from about 5am to get in about midday I think. But yeah we're thinking of going next week so hopefully will get in okay.

In response to the ticket question, you can just get in on the day. The smaller courts anyone can go into I think, or sit on Henman Hill. You have to queue from about 5am to get in about midday I think. But yeah we're thinking of going next week so hopefully will get in okay.

If you queue up overnight you can get Centre Court tickets. I queued from around half 4 in the afternoon the day before to get tickets to see Federer. I was around 200 in the queue, and the first 500 get Centre Court tickets. It's not bad at all, just like going camping lol. You get into the grounds at around half 9, but they don't fully open until half 10.

That Hewitt match was epic! Such an awesome atmosphere and some sublime tennis!!

His barmy army are great!

Come on Gulbis!

Do tennis a favour and dump Murray out!

Come on Troicki, you know the drill!

@stev2604, loving your snaps of the Fed! :grin: